Taxpayers seminar offers help - before it's too late

There are 10 comments on the Daily News Sun story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Taxpayers seminar offers help - before it's too late. In it, Daily News Sun reports that:

A few minutes before the Sun City Taxpayers Association and AARP Tax-Aide got started with their income tax seminar Thursday morning, SCTA President Marv Worthen said he was not sure what to expect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily News Sun.

Not So Fast

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2009
I suggest the Sun City Taxpayers Associaion
listen to Sen John McCain and absolutely NO ONE
from AARP.
Help Us

Prescott, AZ

#2 Dec 4, 2009
AARP should be called AARS, for American Association for Ripping Off Seniors. How can this organization back Obama's health care plan with it's $460 BILLION, thats BILLION, in cuts to Medicare? Those cuts are to provide coverage to the uninsured while most seniors are insured. Take what little the seniors have left, and give it to some lazy bum that won't get a job. Obama is giving this country away.
Not So Fast

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2009
Help Us......exactly.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2009
But AARP is an insurance company. That is what is in every ad they send me, insurance.
Tanpayer

AOL

#6 Dec 13, 2009
laojim wrote:
But AARP is an insurance company. That is what is in every ad they send me, insurance.
AARP is NOT an insurance company. Read the stuff they send you.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 13, 2009
Tanpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
AARP is NOT an insurance company. Read the stuff they send you.
I read it. It is always about insurance they want to sell. It is an insurance company tricked out to look like an advocacy organization. When they go to congress they don't argue for me they argue for insurance companies. It's known in the lobby business as AstroTurf, a phony grass roots organization.
Taxpayer

AOL

#8 Dec 15, 2009
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. It is always about insurance they want to sell. It is an insurance company tricked out to look like an advocacy organization. When they go to congress they don't argue for me they argue for insurance companies. It's known in the lobby business as AstroTurf, a phony grass roots organization.
Correct on all issues except they are not an insurance company. They support certain companies programs.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 15, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct on all issues except they are not an insurance company. They support certain companies programs.
Well, that may or may not be technically correct but they are, in effect an insurance company in that their only service to anyone, other than selling little cards, is that they sell insurance, they lobby on behalf of insurance companies, they support Republican legislations that make insurance companies wealthy, and they advertise insurance. They don't work on behalf of the broader interests of retired people and they don't seem to take positions on anything except legislation that will raise insurance rates.

If that isn't an insurance company to you, I suppose that's OK.
J W Simms

Peoria, AZ

#10 Dec 15, 2009
Wouldn't you be better off if you wrote a letter to AARP or sent them an Email, telling them what you think of them? not! that they would give a shit what you think!! as long as the insurance companies keep paying them for their advertising efforts. I don't think your bitching about them in " this " forum is reaching anybody on the board of directors at AARP. By the way, stop sending them your hard earned money every year or so for that little card that says on the back ( Thank you for sending us your hard earned money, we love fucking you and your buddies every year or so, Love AARP.) J.W. Simms.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 15, 2009
J W Simms wrote:
Wouldn't you be better off if you wrote a letter to AARP or sent them an Email, telling them what you think of them? not! that they would give a shit what you think!! as long as the insurance companies keep paying them for their advertising efforts. I don't think your bitching about them in " this " forum is reaching anybody on the board of directors at AARP. By the way, stop sending them your hard earned money every year or so for that little card that says on the back ( Thank you for sending us your hard earned money, we love fucking you and your buddies every year or so, Love AARP.) J.W. Simms.
Oh, I don't send them my money, but they keep sending me stuff. I guess someone else is financing all that direct mail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are there clean reasonably priced motels ... (Feb '12) 21 hr skylarmitchell41 4
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) May 20 cantbelivethisnuts 787
News Million-dollar stamp heist (Sep '07) May 19 Will 5
Why was Travis Alexander's body not discovered ... (Apr '13) May 18 Dwight 9
To the citizens and Police Dept. of El Mirage May 18 hmmm 5
Goodwill of Central Arizona Ceo makes $432,684 ... May 17 Sonya 7
White people secretly want to be black (Oct '10) May 15 RACISTYLER 110
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]