Jodi Arias: I feel betrayed by the jury

Jodi Arias: I feel betrayed by the jury

There are 32 comments on the USA Today story from May 22, 2013, titled Jodi Arias: I feel betrayed by the jury. In it, USA Today reports that:

On the evening after Jodi Arias' fate went to the jury, she seemed to hold out hope against the inevitable.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard Speights

United States

#22 Jun 23, 2013
Great comments, except for Uh-huh, who seems to paste together subjective ideals more born of prejudice than revealed through objective observations. At least Uh-huh spelled my name right.

I have a new report, Proof of Perjury. It is clear Dr. Kevin Horn's testimony and autopsy report contradict each other. Read the report and sign the petition.

Rich

http://herrspeightsventures.com/Innocence_Pro...
JOHN COBB

Tempe, AZ

#24 Jul 31, 2013
when jodi arias goes to perryville prison she gone experience the kkk Angel,Brawn and punk ass Landreneau.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#26 Aug 3, 2013
Uh huh wrote:
Okay....
She preserved a moment in time and to ensure that only *she* would have them, she deleted them from the camera.
Arias's own overconfidence nailed her. First, she miscalculated what a stab to the heart would do, and secondly, deleting images and exposing the camera to a wash cycle wasn't enough to destroy the evidence.
Think about it. Without those images from that camera and the bloody handprint, Arias might have gotten off scot-free. After all, she "wasn't even there."
Agree. She has already had so many years in her cell already to ponder her mistakes. I wonder whether she concentrates on these two miscalculations or on some other point(s) in time when she had choices to make and made the wrong one.
Pamela Valemont Author

Glenview, Australia

#30 Oct 25, 2013
Why don't you read Richard Speights account of the nature and placement of the wounds? That will change your mind on this case. He has made a comment above, I notice. He is the very kind of expert that should have been called and was not called to the stand.

My books just released:

A Mormon Murder - Jodi Arias and the Killing of Travis Alexander - ebook

http://www.lulu.com/shop/pamela-lillian-valem...

The Bible Code and Jodi Ann Arias - paperback - Bible Code Book, detailing encoded matrices in St. Matthew and Corinthians prophesying Arias of Mesa will get a 25 year jail life sentence and be released on appeal after a new trial, three years from now.

Minimal effort

Mckees Rocks, PA

#31 Oct 25, 2013
So your Bible Code book is 12 pages long and you're charging $20 for it? 60 cents a page? How long did that take to write, ten minutes? No thank you.
jodi is a killer

Mount Vernon, NY

#32 Mar 4, 2014
Observation Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you not?
Jodi is left handed.
The wounds in Travis's back are on his right side.
This means they were facing each other during the struggle. More indicative of self-defense.
Had his back been to her, as presented by the prosecutor, the wounds in his back would be on the left, same as her dominant hand.
Richard Speights, has zero credibility. He's a crazy fraud and a liar.
jodi is a killer

Mount Vernon, NY

#33 Mar 4, 2014
Pamela Valemont Author wrote:
Why don't you read Richard Speights account of the nature and placement of the wounds? That will change your mind on this case. He has made a comment above, I notice. He is the very kind of expert that should have been called and was not called to the stand.
My books just released:
A Mormon Murder - Jodi Arias and the Killing of Travis Alexander - ebook
The Bible Code and Jodi Ann Arias - paperback - Bible Code Book, detailing encoded matrices in St. Matthew and Corinthians prophesying Arias of Mesa will get a 25 year jail life sentence and be released on appeal after a new trial, three years from now.
Peddler. Take your trash out of here. Your ignorance is embarrassing. Richard is just as deluded as you are. He's a conspiracy nut.
jodi is a killer

Mount Vernon, NY

#34 Mar 4, 2014
Richard Speights wrote:
Great comments, except for Uh-huh, who seems to paste together subjective ideals more born of prejudice than revealed through objective observations. At least Uh-huh spelled my name right.
I have a new report, Proof of Perjury. It is clear Dr. Kevin Horn's testimony and autopsy report contradict each other. Read the report and sign the petition.
Rich
http://herrspeightsventures.com/Innocence_Pro...
Garbage while you troll and pretend you're not talking about yourself. Desperate ding bat aren't ya? You have been debunked liar.
jodi is a killer

Mount Vernon, NY

#35 Mar 4, 2014
Observation Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a part of her brain that isn't firing on all cylinders.
I don't think it's because she's a cold, evil, villianess monster.
I think she is detached from specific traumas, conditioned to bury negativity, which makes her appear cold & remorseles.
She's going to win on appeal based on the merits of her self-defense claim. Her demeanor will be irrelevant.
Not so observant Richard Speights. Busted your idiotic self.
Douglas Gray

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Jun 12, 2014
After reading Richard Speight's analysis, I am not 100% certain either way, but his theory is more plausible and his analysis more thorough and factual than any I have yet seen. Based on that, I would have to vote "not guilty."

The wound pattern points to the idea that frantic, hysterical fear was the predominant emotion. The crime seems to have elements of murder, manslaughter, and self-defense, but I would have to vote for "not guilty".
Douglas Gray

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Jul 17, 2014
After reading Richard Speights ( a trained knife combat man) analysis, I agree with him that the most plausible explanation is that she stabbed him in a state of hysteric, frantic fear, as she was being tackled from the front. She is certainly capable of lying, but Speight's analysis is plausible enough so that a jury would have to find her innocent.

The problem was that the wound pattern looked, on paper, so incredibly violent and brutal, that everyone emotionally reacted against her for the brutality, forgetting that the whole picture suggests frantic hysteria, not calculated brutality.
aspendougy

Los Angeles, CA

#38 Dec 3, 2014
Uh huh wrote:
Okay...
....she (allegedly) stole grandpa's gun so she could stab him in the heart after letting him sodomize her all day?
Let's see... Arias in a rage beginning on May 26th. Travis told her to leave him alone forever, all those angry, cruel comments he texted her. Oh, yeah, and he's taking some other woman to Cancun, which was supposed to be one of THEIR 1000 places to see before they died. Everyone is abusive if words from one conversation are enough to call it that. He was pi$$sed about something, and he let her have it.
So she's been rejected. Hmm, what would hurt more and cause more suffering, a knife or a gun? What makes less noise?
Naked, seated, defenseless, helpless. Surely plunging a knife into his heart would be enough. Though, just in case it wasn't, she had backup--grandpa's gun.
The only proof of this "sodomizing" was from her own words and Travis's neat, organized desk. Her holes are so big and stretched that she could probably close her eyes and not feel a thing.
She had the souvenirs in her mind. She preserved a moment in time and to ensure that only *she* would have them, she deleted them from the camera.
Arias's own overconfidence nailed her. First, she miscalculated what a stab to the heart would do, and secondly, deleting images and exposing the camera to a wash cycle wasn't enough to destroy the evidence.
Think about it. Without those images from that camera and the bloody handprint, Arias might have gotten off scot-free. After all, she "wasn't even there."
REPLY FROM ASPENDOUGY;

She can be a lying, conniving person but still not be guilty of murder. I have read Richard Speight's argument for self-defense. I do not find it conclusive, but according to our legal system, it doesn't have to be. I still think it is possible that Jodi is guilty of murder, but there is more than enough room for reasonable doubts so that she should walk.

His entire family has a substance abuse history, and the notion that she was being tackled while shooting and stabbing in abject terror is plausible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prostitutes on 27th ave (Jan '10) 10 min Fuk866 136
Which is the best online pharmacy? 9 hr Kevin 2
how is it arizona ends up with two loser senato... Tue Bloodonhishands 1
You idiot drivers Feb 20 James45 3
How do you know it's the right time to settle d... Feb 20 Capri 4
Gay or Bi FaceTime (Jul '12) Feb 20 Gaymiguel23 26
Nathan Finch Attorney Feb 19 Terri 1

Peoria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance