Jodi Arias: I feel betrayed by the jury

Full story: USA Today 32
On the evening after Jodi Arias' fate went to the jury, she seemed to hold out hope against the inevitable. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wedding Anniv Weekend

Spring, TX

#1 May 22, 2013
They didn't buy her b.s.
She is still trying to peddle her Dom Violence b.s.
Now she is dragging her sister into it and saying she survived it in the past.
She also says it rarely happens to men.
When did she become an expert?
She says she has no access to internet and she is insulated.
Her gay lovers from prison don't fill her in or did those calls cease?

Even with a ton of makeup, all I see is EVIL.
Voodoo mama

Racine, WI

#2 May 25, 2013
I hope she gets life and ends up with Angela Simpson as a cellmate.
Houston Suburbanite

Spring, TX

#3 May 28, 2013
lmao. Too bad it can't be Charlie Manson or one of his killers, Leslie,
Susan or Patricia. Squeaky got out. She was always weird looking.
Not sure where or what the old ones are doing. I discussed the Mansion Case/Helter Skelter with a college friend and had to review the case and its participants.
Observation Guy

United States

#4 May 28, 2013
From the various public statements trickling out from random jurors, it is clear to me that this jury based their conviction on emotion, not the law.

It is also clear that neither the defense or the prosecution spoke to the physical evidence, in any meaningful or analytical way -- which surely made their job much more difficult.

The jurors were unfairly & unjustly denied a fair & accurate reenactment of what Jodi said happened, w/the exception of Jodi's half-assed demonstration of the linebacker lunge.

Expert reenactment most likely would precisely match the physical evidence as testified by Jodi -- resulting in her aquittal or a manslaughter conviction.

This clusterfluck cannot even begin to be sorted out by the (badly needed) appellate process - since the collective finder of fact, known as the jury, left the case dangling in mid-air.

What an embarrassment for our country, on the world stage.

This is a classic example of why a professional jury system vs. the current jury-of-peers system, might be worth considering.

SMH!
Observation Guy

United States

#5 May 28, 2013
For anyone interested, a gentleman by the name of Richard Speights wrote an in depth & well laid out, impenatrable analysis of a self-defense scenario.

Had such a reenactment been presented to a sequestered jury during trial, then it would have been a fair trial.

Maybe the do-over will get it right.
God of USA hells angels

Matawan, NJ

#6 May 28, 2013
I believe her.
Observation Guy

United States

#7 May 28, 2013
God of USA hells angels wrote:
I believe her.
How can you not?

Jodi is left handed.

The wounds in Travis's back are on his right side.

This means they were facing each other during the struggle. More indicative of self-defense.

Had his back been to her, as presented by the prosecutor, the wounds in his back would be on the left, same as her dominant hand.
Observation Guy

United States

#8 May 28, 2013
Did Jodi's jury wrongly convict her and almost send an innocent woman to her death?

http://www.herrspeightsventures.com/site/mobi...
God of USA hells angels

Matawan, NJ

#9 May 28, 2013
Observation Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you not?
Jodi is left handed.
The wounds in Travis's back are on his right side.
This means they were facing each other during the struggle. More indicative of self-defense.
Had his back been to her, as presented by the prosecutor, the wounds in his back would be on the left, same as her dominant hand.
I have helped many women and child victims in my life and she seems to be a very strong person and it may be hard for a jury to see her pain because she has no remorse and she should not have remorse if she killed him in self defense. I could be wrong I have never spoke with her so its harder to read her without asking her questions myself .

I have seem to many innocent people go to prison for defending their life or the live of people they love .
To some people murder sounds so bad ,to a victim its a matter of their life and sounding bad is not an option, killing your attacker without hesitation or without stopping to see if they are dead yet could cost your own life , its kill or be killed and I would rather be on the killing end.

The courts don't give a Dam for regular folks because the rich are not tried under the same self defense laws as the rest of US . The rulers teach the ruled that they won't tolerate any kind of Violence from the peasants. its oK to go over seas and kill someone the Government don't like but if you kill someone in the US that is threatening your life or you loved ones the government don't allow that kind of killing because its not their enemy you killed its your personal enemy.
Observation Guy

United States

#10 May 28, 2013
God of USA hells angels wrote:
<quoted text>
I have helped many women and child victims in my life and she seems to be a very strong person and it may be hard for a jury to see her pain because she has no remorse and she should not have remorse if she killed him in self defense. I could be wrong I have never spoke with her so its harder to read her without asking her questions myself .
I have seem to many innocent people go to prison for defending their life or the live of people they love .
To some people murder sounds so bad ,to a victim its a matter of their life and sounding bad is not an option, killing your attacker without hesitation or without stopping to see if they are dead yet could cost your own life , its kill or be killed and I would rather be on the killing end.
The courts don't give a Dam for regular folks because the rich are not tried under the same self defense laws as the rest of US . The rulers teach the ruled that they won't tolerate any kind of Violence from the peasants. its oK to go over seas and kill someone the Government don't like but if you kill someone in the US that is threatening your life or you loved ones the government don't allow that kind of killing because its not their enemy you killed its your personal enemy.
I believe Jodi did express remorse, even though she shouldn't have.

She had every right to defend herself the minute her attacker became a physical threat.

Her time spent boo-hooing & minimizing the deeds of her abuser would have better spent demonstrating the attack as she remembered it.
God of USA hells angels

Matawan, NJ

#11 May 28, 2013
Jodi appears cold even now being interviewed she seems much cooler then the average bear under these stressful conditions.
Jodi is one tough women and that may be what saved her life. a sobbing uncontrollable weak women or man would have been dead if placed in Jodie 's position. I know my killers well . innocent or guilty it takes more mental power then most people have . if everyone killed their attacker we would have no violent crimes.
No need for remorse when you do what has to be done .
Observation Guy

United States

#12 May 28, 2013
God of USA hells angels wrote:
Jodi appears cold even now being interviewed she seems much cooler then the average bear under these stressful conditions.
Jodi is one tough women and that may be what saved her life. a sobbing uncontrollable weak women or man would have been dead if placed in Jodie 's position. I know my killers well . innocent or guilty it takes more mental power then most people have . if everyone killed their attacker we would have no violent crimes.
No need for remorse when you do what has to be done .
There is a part of her brain that isn't firing on all cylinders.

I don't think it's because she's a cold, evil, villianess monster.
I think she is detached from specific traumas, conditioned to bury negativity, which makes her appear cold & remorseles.

She's going to win on appeal based on the merits of her self-defense claim. Her demeanor will be irrelevant.
Nikki

Spring, TX

#13 May 30, 2013
Whatever, Observation Deck. Keep on. Maybe you will get it right.
Observant Guy

United States

#15 May 30, 2013
Uh huh wrote:
According to Richard Speights, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it must be a deformed goose with a shortened neck and flattened bill caused by trauma cracking out of its egg, which in the case of certain goose species, may have very hard shells when laid after cold winters in certain latitudes. The quack became apparent after the cries of anguish the baby goose emitted as it was attempting to get out of its hard shell, which damaged its still-developing vocal cords.
Richard Speights, in all his vicarious Green Beret training through his father, has apparently never heard of Occam's Razor; ergo, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. Especially if the person telling you it's a goose is a known liar and bull$hitter.
Occam's Razor? Did you just go there?

The physical evidence, mortal wounds, and the incident scene all indicate an unplanned, sudden and swift eruption of chaotic violence.

This is very consistent w/ a self-defense struggle.

Occam's Razor tells us Jodi emerged the victor from the hand-to-hand combat situation which Travis positioned her in.

Too bad, so sad, for Travis.
Uh huh

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 May 30, 2013
Too bad, so sad, Arias didn't do her research. She thought one stab to the heart would be enough to do him in--but it wasn't. Hence, the mad, messy scramble to make him dead ASAP.
Uh huh

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 May 30, 2013
Arias documented Travis's last day as he remained totally unaware, preserving her little "souvenirs" in her mind, like serial killers like to take. Pictures were her preferred medium and so she used his fancy new camera to document his last day alive. The last picture taken of him was an odd, butt picture in which she told him to close his eyes while she pressed the shutter button and grabbed her knife from her purse. She stabbed in the heart--the end, right? Nope. He staggers past her to the sink to cough--she is shell-shocked. Surely he'll die soon. That had to have been fatal. Not right away. Irritated as hell, she begins stabbing him in the back. The stab wounds don't go deep because they hit his ribs and shoulderblade. He tries to turn around to grab the knife, to stop her, but gets cut by the knife. He staggers away down the hallway, all the while trying to get the knife off her, while she is still in a murderous rage. The streak of blood shows where he was steadying himself with his hands. End of hallway, Arias knows what she has to do--slit his throat. So she does. Shit. A lot of blood. She drags him back to the bathroom--he gurgles. She takes out the gun and shoots him for good measure, rinses him off in the shower.

He's dead. His roommates will probably be home soon, better hurry. Throws the sheets in the laundry. Looks at the camera and deletes pics one by one, leaving 90 pics on there. No crazy flurry of adrenaline there, deleting pics with a 5-step process. She throws it in the washer. Starts the cycle as she smiles. She'll be the only person who knows what's on that camera--surely it'll be destroyed in the wash.

She expected to go to Ryan Burns and back home to hear about Travis's death--a body with no DNA on it, a destroyed camera, and oh, yeah, she wasn't in Arizona at all. His murder would be forever unsolved. No proof of her committing it--in fact, no proof that she was there at all that day. "Last time I was there was in April". No traffic cams, no sign of her car, no credit card use, not even a gas station camera. Left messages to further establish that she wasn't there.

Self-defense my ass.
Observant Guy

United States

#18 May 30, 2013
Uh huh wrote:
Arias documented Travis's last day as he remained totally unaware, preserving her little "souvenirs" in her mind, like serial killers like to take. Pictures were her preferred medium and so she used his fancy new camera to document his last day alive. The last picture taken of him was an odd, butt picture in which she told him to close his eyes while she pressed the shutter button and grabbed her knife from her purse. She stabbed in the heart--the end, right? Nope. He staggers past her to the sink to cough--she is shell-shocked. Surely he'll die soon. That had to have been fatal. Not right away. Irritated as hell, she begins stabbing him in the back. The stab wounds don't go deep because they hit his ribs and shoulderblade. He tries to turn around to grab the knife, to stop her, but gets cut by the knife. He staggers away down the hallway, all the while trying to get the knife off her, while she is still in a murderous rage. The streak of blood shows where he was steadying himself with his hands. End of hallway, Arias knows what she has to do--slit his throat. So she does. Shit. A lot of blood. She drags him back to the bathroom--he gurgles. She takes out the gun and shoots him for good measure, rinses him off in the shower.
He's dead. His roommates will probably be home soon, better hurry. Throws the sheets in the laundry. Looks at the camera and deletes pics one by one, leaving 90 pics on there. No crazy flurry of adrenaline there, deleting pics with a 5-step process. She throws it in the washer. Starts the cycle as she smiles. She'll be the only person who knows what's on that camera--surely it'll be destroyed in the wash.
She expected to go to Ryan Burns and back home to hear about Travis's death--a body with no DNA on it, a destroyed camera, and oh, yeah, she wasn't in Arizona at all. His murder would be forever unsolved. No proof of her committing it--in fact, no proof that she was there at all that day. "Last time I was there was in April". No traffic cams, no sign of her car, no credit card use, not even a gas station camera. Left messages to further establish that she wasn't there.
Self-defense my ass.
Okay...
....she (allegedly) stole grandpa's gun so she could stab him in the heart after letting him sodomize her all day?

Maybe if I was a meth head, I could fall for that one. But since Im a drug free & law abiding citizen, that dog dont hunt.

Now either she took pictures like a psychopath to have souvenirs, or she hurriedly destroyed pictures so she wouldnt.
I know your logic is probably reasonable to you but you cant have it both ways.

Your fiction novella, while mildly entertaining, does notaccount for an attempted clean up at the incident scene, nor the change in the prosecution's story.
Just Wondering

Mebane, NC

#19 May 30, 2013
I would like to see decussions of the reason for the 'OVERkill' in this case. Nobody seemed to question "Why?" As to whether she was abused, just because she hadn't 'told people' is not a reason to decide it didn't happen. If there was a site that women could go to (just in Arizona.. or ANY 1 state) and tell of their abuse anonomously, I know that the public would be shocked. It is not something that you want to advertise. Admitting you are abused (including verbally) is an embarassment to yourself..and if you have children, to your family. Once abuse happens, and the victim covers that it happened.. the Abuser is more an more violent.. He (or she) feels safe in the fact that you hide the abuse..But..sometimes the victim snaps.. It amazes me that so many supposed intelligent persons never pursued the 'WHY' of this case.
Observant Guy

United States

#20 May 31, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
I would like to see decussions of the reason for the 'OVERkill' in this case. Nobody seemed to question "Why?" As to whether she was abused, just because she hadn't 'told people' is not a reason to decide it didn't happen. If there was a site that women could go to (just in Arizona.. or ANY 1 state) and tell of their abuse anonomously, I know that the public would be shocked. It is not something that you want to advertise. Admitting you are abused (including verbally) is an embarassment to yourself..and if you have children, to your family. Once abuse happens, and the victim covers that it happened.. the Abuser is more an more violent.. He (or she) feels safe in the fact that you hide the abuse..But..sometimes the victim snaps.. It amazes me that so many supposed intelligent persons never pursued the 'WHY' of this case.
There is a record of the abuse, which is Travis in his own words.

The abuse increased and escalated in intensity over time. Like you said, if abuse is kept hidden, the abuser is empowered to abuse more.

There is no doubt in my mind that the abuse also included physical episodes.
I believe such an episode occured when the camera was dropped.

I don't think the incident (note that I didnt say crime) was a case of "overkill" per se.

I think Jodi defended herself with the amount of force necessary to eliminate the threat.
Superficial stabs to the back after a shot to the head didnt stop his aggression. She moved to the neck & throat. His aggression stopped then, didn't it?
Uh huh

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 May 31, 2013
Okay...
....she (allegedly) stole grandpa's gun so she could stab him in the heart after letting him sodomize her all day?

Let's see... Arias in a rage beginning on May 26th. Travis told her to leave him alone forever, all those angry, cruel comments he texted her. Oh, yeah, and he's taking some other woman to Cancun, which was supposed to be one of THEIR 1000 places to see before they died. Everyone is abusive if words from one conversation are enough to call it that. He was pi$$sed about something, and he let her have it.

So she's been rejected. Hmm, what would hurt more and cause more suffering, a knife or a gun? What makes less noise?

Naked, seated, defenseless, helpless. Surely plunging a knife into his heart would be enough. Though, just in case it wasn't, she had backup--grandpa's gun.

The only proof of this "sodomizing" was from her own words and Travis's neat, organized desk. Her holes are so big and stretched that she could probably close her eyes and not feel a thing.

She had the souvenirs in her mind. She preserved a moment in time and to ensure that only *she* would have them, she deleted them from the camera.

Arias's own overconfidence nailed her. First, she miscalculated what a stab to the heart would do, and secondly, deleting images and exposing the camera to a wash cycle wasn't enough to destroy the evidence.

Think about it. Without those images from that camera and the bloody handprint, Arias might have gotten off scot-free. After all, she "wasn't even there."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 3 hr Lot of Surgeries 9
Review: At Ease Pest Control (Jan '13) 15 hr Tesky 12
Rick Buss is running your city? BEWARE 22 hr goodforcopa 1
Topix General Curioisty Fri Suns 3
black hook up Fri dillysky 1
any girls from phx arizona wanna meet n hook up Thu badazz 2
snowbirds the low life of the earth Thu Henu 9
Peoria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peoria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peoria

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:31 am PST

NBC Sports 4:31AM
Dontrelle Inman makes a timely first impression on offense
NFL 5:36 AM
Niners set franchise rushing record, but still can't win
NBC Sports 7:55 AM
Report: Philip Rivers has bulging disk in back, may need surgery
NFL 8:34 AM
Philip Rivers playing through a bulging disc
Bleacher Report10:00 AM
Complete Info for Sunday Night Football