Unionize Macy's .com, DC,

Posted in the Peoria Forum

AMO

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Mar 8, 2013
Biggest need-Employees need representation- whenever an infraction occurs its an automatic call in to discuss the situation however, there is still tension and some employees say the wrong thing at the wrong time. There needs to be a waiting period and an option to have someone represent you on your behalf.
Terrible favoritism, retaliation and benefits for part timers and below
the start as an on-call status is outrageous most people who apply are looking for a career or a stable income
On-calls have no rights whatsoever in a discipline they would get a final warning barring promotion from a year while a part timer or full timer would get a formal write up or slap on the wrist that doesn't really count against them (they get away with more)
Part timers and Full timers get away with alot more infractions and low production numbers (there are some part timers who have served less time than some of the on calls)
Part timers get bad benefits (worse than what sears employees get)
In DC's and Fulfillment centers you make waves or state your opinions your on the bad list (old school)
Some managers are tyrannical and micro-managing
Your first chance at a role is your last chance (takes an arm and a leg for them to trust you again or to "prove" yourself-most cases they make you feel unwanted or treat you a different way so you quit)
HR with the exception of a "new blood" manager, is hand in hand and arm in arm with management as with any other employment or industry.
Obviously its hard to find a union that would address these concerns.
never say never but in this company's case its like trying to unionize walmart (its the little puppy trying to nip the big dog) no offense I support unions but they have gone down ever since outsourcing happened
Employees need someone to back them up is all that I'm saying
RGC

Cambridge, MA

#2 May 26, 2013
Is anyone trying to unionize at the Cambridgeside Galleria Macy's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peoria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Creepy female nurses at banner samaritian hospital 2 hr Whiny1 4
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 193,320
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 4 hr just me 789
News The Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center in Phoenix... 13 hr VIETNAM VET 1
high quality drugs for sale Sun Username010010011 6
Hit for plug Sun unknown4049 1
need tree, please help!!! Sun unknown4049 3
More from around the web

Peoria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]