Pentwater says 'no' to Nickerson zoni...

Pentwater says 'no' to Nickerson zoning change - archive

There are 2 comments on the Oceana's Herald-Journal story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Pentwater says 'no' to Nickerson zoning change - archive. In it, Oceana's Herald-Journal reports that:

Harry Shiparski's request to rezone the former Nickerson Inn property on Lowell Street was turned down by the Pentwater Village Council Monday evening before a full-house at the village/township hall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oceana's Herald-Journal.

John R Brocker

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2008
Harry deserves to do whatever he wants with his property He made a huge contribution to the village by providing the Inns restruant wit the besr gourmet food in Western MI The villages Obsession with No More Condos is outregeous Harry was not going to build Condos just a four family dwelling The village board ought to be ASHAMED of its action and ought to move to Appeal its action Immediatly
John R Brocker
Cottage and Building Parcel Owner
Karen Beneteau

Liverpool, NY

#2 Aug 3, 2008
Mr. Shiparski was going to build a 12 unit condo development not a simple 4 unit, which had a 7900 Sq. ft. Footprint. The Nickerson's sq. ft. footprint was only 4800 sq. feet. Seems a bit large to me. So I'm concerned that such a large unit in an ALL residential area would be detrimental for the entire village...setting a Precedent for other developers.
Karen Beneteau
20 year tourist

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pentwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WZZM13 - UFO sightings in West Michigan (Jun '07) Nov '16 Charmin Harrison 41
News Teen charged in shooting of driver in Muskegon ... Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2
Tom Rotta / Good for Ludington? (Mar '14) Oct '16 Gone with the Wind 22
Muskegon County Mugshots (Nov '10) Sep '16 Muskegon 5
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Aug '16 Mary 187
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Aug '16 John Buck 128
Michael. Jackson and Michigan's Adventure (Feb '14) Jul '16 Someone 2

Pentwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pentwater Mortgages