Lake Michigan wind farm a tough sell

Lake Michigan wind farm a tough sell

There are 1 comment on the Ludington Daily News story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Lake Michigan wind farm a tough sell. In it, Ludington Daily News reports that:

About 180 people packed a West Shore Community College building Tuesday night to learn about plans to turn 100 square miles of nearby Lake Michigan into a wind energy farm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ludington Daily News.

Loreen Niewenhuis

Taylor, MI

#1 Jan 21, 2010
I think that a wind farm is certainly preferable to a coal-fired power plant and all the toxicity that comes along with that.

I am concerned about the impact on the lake, communities along it, and wildlife, though. Placing the turbines further out into the lake would seem to be a realistic compromise. I, for one, am always happy to see the three turbines up around Mackinaw City and have not detected any noise or humming from them.

After walking around the lake last year and seeing all the coal-fired plants on the Wisconsin side, I'd like us to chart a course for the future where we are generating power that does not rely on coal at all.

I think we need to look into the future and try to envision the Great Lakes cleaner and healthier than they are now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pentwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ludington SUCKS (Jul '13) Sat Anonymous 7
Nelson Family (Apr '17) Apr '18 Dan Beeler 2
News Muskegon Community College to auction off vans,... Mar '18 fuckMlive 1
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Mar '18 lynn 132
Fort Rosa Parks Military Academy (Oct '06) Feb '18 Cantu 92
News APNewsBreak: Consumers Energy to stop burning c... Feb '18 Solarman 1
Lotto folds? Feb '18 PlugMeIn 1

Pentwater Jobs

Personal Finance

Pentwater Mortgages