any info on the Seville Diner at Cervantes and 110?

Posted in the Pensacola Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 174 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
longo bongo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

This "restaurant" has been under construction for over 10 years now. Someone keeps the lights on and pays the taxes, and occasionally you see someone working there. What gives?
Cora Abel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2007

I have been asking the same question for years without an answer, except "working on it". In 1998, I stupidly invested (purchased stock) to the tune of $9,500.
If anyone has any information, I also would like to know. coraabel@aol.com.

Since: Apr 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2007

You purchased stock in that place? Who did you purchase it from? Who's the owner? This place is obviously "disfunction junction" and you should get your investment back. The really big mystery is who pays the property taxes, insurances, and light bills? How can someone keep paying, just dumping their money down a toilet. If they won't (or can't) get a business there going, sell the place to someone who can. If they can't get their act together at this stage of the game...imagine how the food (and service!!) would be??
Chip Evans

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah, I drive by that every day and invision a type of diner I would open up there had I the investment money to do so. It is sad that it sits there when, I believe it could be a very profitable diner. It's the perfect location. I heard that the owner saves his money and when he gets enough to do more work he does.
Chip Evans

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah, I drive by that every day and invision a type of diner I would open up there had I the investment money to do so. It is sad that it sits there when, I believe it could be a very profitable diner. It's the perfect location. I heard that the owner saves his money and when he gets enough to do more work he does.
Jean

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

Re: Seville Diner, Inc.
If one has stock in a Corporation, is there a requirement that the Corporation must advise the holders what is happening with their investment?

I purchased stock in the Seville Diner and it has been years since I have been contacted. At that time they gave a progress report and ask that I buy more stock to continue construction of the building.
Mollie

Barnesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

Sounds like a front for something to me.
Richard L Walker

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Judged:

I just think the owner is building it on a "pay as you go" method. Money gets tight; construction wait: Money is available; construction proceeds. Well, that's my theory. I'm merely hoping to be able to eat and omelet there before I die. It seems to be nearing completion as it now has tables, chairs, cooling units, etc.
Betty

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Big New's flash Grand Opening Feburary 14,2008 Pensacola is in store for a great traet.
Betty

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Mollie wrote:
Sounds like a front for something to me.
Your in for a rude awakening my friend.
Betty

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Jean wrote:
If one has stock in a Corporation, is there a requirement that the Corporation must advise the holders what is happening with their investment?
I purchased stock in the Seville Diner and it has been years since I have been contacted. At that time they gave a progress report and ask that I buy more stock to continue construction of the building.
You'll come to find it was a right choice.
Betty

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

Richard L Walker wrote:
I just think the owner is building it on a "pay as you go" method. Money gets tight; construction wait: Money is available; construction proceeds. Well, that's my theory. I'm merely hoping to be able to eat and omelet there before I die. It seems to be nearing completion as it now has tables, chairs, cooling units, etc.
Come on by 2/14/08 I'LL prepare that omelet personally.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

Lets hope the food and service is more on the ball than the construction was!!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Did it open yet?(per Betty^above) Or is it still suffering from the city's worst case of "maritime park syndrome"?
cheriiv

Destin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Has it opened yet? I drive by it all of the time. I have been waiting forever for it to open - hope the food is worth the wait :)

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Hello? Who was it..."Betty" with her "big news flash"...this place was going to open in Feb. LOL! After ten (thats 10) years, they must be having problems with the permits..or maybe they can't find any employees in this booming economy...lets place bets when it'll finally open...I say july of 2024...the sewage plant will be moved before this place finally opens!
doc h

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Latest is meeting tmrw evening to discuss the situation. Need 200K to open. Thats sounds familiar like in the past 9 years. Wonder what Wells who started this thing will have to say this time.
Richard L Walker

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Amazing. Progress still goes on although at the consistent snails-pace. Hopefully one day the next item on the agenda will be OPENING. Assuming this happens, (yeah, I've heard it) and assuming they are open 24/7, it will be great to have a honest to goodness diner in this town. In the meantime, I wait.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Who on earth do you suppose they need to pay $200,000 to? Back taxes? Suppliers would have given up collecting after 11 (thats ELEVEN) years of construction. And the poor investors... they can't be milked more.
They really should call the place the "MARITIME PARK DINER"
CORA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Jean wrote:
Jean, I might be willing to buy your stock. Want to sell it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pensacola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pensacola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pensacola News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pensacola