Not parking in driveway.

Not parking in driveway.

Posted in the Pensacola Forum

Elena

Pensacola, FL

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Does anyone know the residential parking law for parking on the grass instead of the driveway in the front yard? Technically the vehicles are in his yard but it crowds my front yard. I live in a cul de sac with a small front yard.
MichaelSee

AOL

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Up north in some areas you are not allowed to park vehicles in your own front yard. You must park on the street. But as far as down here in Florida I have never heard of a law that you cannot park on your own grass. You may have to just deal with it. We cannot control what people around us do on their own property as long as they are within the laws of that state. You can do some research on the laws for the area around you to see if they are breaking any laws. If they are junk/parts cars then they may be breaking the law, other than that I personally do not think they are.
Third wife

Pensacola, FL

#3 Aug 29, 2012
'Up North', that is a large area, Brewton? Atlanta? Memphis? I had Jury duty and the judge asked where we were from, one lady replied, "Up North", The judge asked her again where she was from? She came up with a better answer.

I'm all about parking, I have a long and wide drive-way, usually empty. My neighbors have a short narrow drive, get lots of visitors and pack the curbside and their delivery trucks block my drive. Neighbors gotta love them.
Elena

Pensacola, FL

#4 Aug 29, 2012
I guess it would be too unsightly to park their trucks on the other side of the driveway where THEY would have to look at them. Yes, it's very inconsiderate and un-neighborly, but they don't mind....Well, thanks anyway. :(
resident

Crestview, FL

#5 Aug 29, 2012
at least they don't park in the road with with all their cars we hve a neighbor that parks 2 cas in the drivewayand then 2-3 cars in the road even though they have enough room in he driveway

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pensacola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pensacola Florida Thinks Poor Black People Shou... (Jan '08) 20 hr ThomasA 92
tia pomeroy Nov 30 rbboi 1
Christmas help Nov 28 Kdkoolaid 1
Vote For Donald Trump (Feb '16) Nov 27 Troll Scum 22
News Blue Bell ice cream comes to South Florida on M... (Jan '09) Nov 26 Jerry 6
Shots Fired around DeVilliers Nov 25 PatchworkVigilant... 2
moving to pensacola (Apr '12) Nov 24 Yupper 40

Pensacola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pensacola Mortgages