West Union Water Bill Rates Increase

Posted in the Pennsboro Forum

Since: May 10

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2012
What do you think about the raise in all our water bills? And do you know why? It was in the paper that because there were several accounts that had high water usage they have raised the rates. Instead of getting off their lazy asses and finding out why they have such high bills, they will make everybody pay more! How about Etta letting the workers fix the leaks right the first time. I have talked to some of the workers and they have said that she won't let them fix it right. Who the hell is she- the freaking Queen?
Jim

Pennsboro, WV

#2 Aug 4, 2012
hmmmmm...i believe it was the sewer rate that went up a bit....not the water...are you sure that was in the paper that some with high water useage the town had to raise the rates? i do believe it was the sewer rate that went up...not the water...i am not trying to be rude...on the matter of fixing leaks...i promise you, etta would like for them to fix them the first time as well...personally...i have four leaks on my street that have been fixed a total of six times...that is not her fault.. if you talked to a worker and they said she won't let them fix them right...they are lying...nothing personal...i do not know why they would say that...as i said, i do not mean to sound rude and i do respect you and your opinions...but honestly...the information i have seen and heard do not seem to fit...have a good day, take care and keep up the good work...

Since: May 10

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2012
I stand corrected, it was the sewer rate that went up. As for the workers, that is what they said and that includes the leak at the corner by West Union Bank. And the statement was right on the front page of our West Union paper on Wednesday.
Jim wrote:
hmmmmm...i believe it was the sewer rate that went up a bit....not the water...are you sure that was in the paper that some with high water useage the town had to raise the rates? i do believe it was the sewer rate that went up...not the water...i am not trying to be rude...on the matter of fixing leaks...i promise you, etta would like for them to fix them the first time as well...personally...i have four leaks on my street that have been fixed a total of six times...that is not her fault.. if you talked to a worker and they said she won't let them fix them right...they are lying...nothing personal...i do not know why they would say that...as i said, i do not mean to sound rude and i do respect you and your opinions...but honestly...the information i have seen and heard do not seem to fit...have a good day, take care and keep up the good work...
graylady53

Pennsboro, WV

#4 Aug 21, 2012
the whole water sewage problems are a result I believe to an over all breakdown of all the old pipes etc which plague West Union. The entire system is so damn old, it is a like a weak link in a chain. To make it right the entire "chain" needs to be replaced and if they can't fill the potholes all over west union then what makes you think they have the funds to replace all existing water/sewage lines. The 4-Lane has killed a many towns and West Union is just one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know when antero will stsrt drilling (Jan '14) Thu lemon 16
daniel jones Mar 24 sillygirl 1
Nicole Hoskinson in jail (Nov '12) Mar 24 curious 31
News Teacher Arrested For Drugs (Jul '14) Mar 23 typaway 19
Town of West Union water Mar 21 wake up 6
porters Mar 18 Tammy 11
Debate: Marijuana - Harrisville, WV (Nov '11) Mar 18 kim Echard 12
Pennsboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web