Mother of Camden boy found dead in trunk files suit

Full story: New Jersey News

Camden police bungled the search last year for three boys who suffocated after becoming trapped in the trunk of a car, according to a lawsuit filed by the mother of one of the boys.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
AmericanEagle

Moorestown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2006

I wonder which mother was it, the one that was under investigation with DYFS or the one that left her child under the care of a Person under investigation with Dyfs.
GA girl

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2006

I feel real bad knowing that 3 innocent lives were lost due to the fact that the premises was not correctly checked.
r.i.p
JJL

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2006

That figures. She was to dumb to look in a place (in her back yard) where she knew her kid often played.
concerned

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2006

I don,t see how that was not the first place the police or parents would look,if my kid was missing ,in my back yard is where the first place I am going to look .Im looking in every body car.these people are a bunch of blind bats
SUE MOORE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2006

FIRST OF ALL I FEEL BAD BECAUSE I AM A MOTHER BUT IM SORRY YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO KEEP TWO EYES OPEN ON YOUR CHILDREN ANYTHING CAN HAPPEND I DO NOT WANT TO JUDGE THE PARENTS BUT IS A PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY AT ALL TIMES I BALME THE PARENTS I HOPE THEY LEARN THAT A KID CAN NOT TAKE CARE OF THEM SELFS THEY NEED SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES.
concerned neighbor

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2006

these mothers are at fault no child should be out side and these angles was always in everybodies houses while the mothers are caught up into themselves
cacker -- Pennsylvania

Conshohocken, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2006

Actually, you guys got it wrong. The independent reports said the mom did NOT know the kids played in the car in the backyard. Also, the independent reports said that the police were the ones at fault because parents under this stress should not be assumed to be thinking clearly and to remember all the places to check. It's pretty easy to judge these parents from the hindsight comfort of our own homes when we are not under the stress of searching for a missing kid. Also, the independent investigation reports all said that none of the parents were under any investigation. Finally, all the independent governmental reports said that there was a responsible adult outside with the kids at all times. Evidently, as I'm sure we've all done in our lives, that person turned around for a second and when they turned back the kids were then no where to be seen. It just goes to show you that you can't rely on hearsay and double hearsay and talk radio to get your facts straight. How awful it is that we are all so quick to pre-judge someone's circumstances without knowing the true story and without placing ourselves in that person's shoes. It's so easy to say we would have done things differently when really how do we know what we would have done under such stress? Oh well...
Upset mother

Plainfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2006

Maybe these people and others are getting their information from heresay, but either way you look at it the parents are at fault. I'm a mother of 4 and never left them outside unsupervised. Not even for a split second. The mother was cooking and went inside to check on the food. That doesn't take a split second. The grandmother of the kid stated that he always played in the car. From what I remember the one kid was mentally disabled. He was behind for his age. Why would you leave him alone with other kids. WHY would anyone leave any kid alone outside/inside without supervision? Ok, lets blame the police department for not locating the kids. Have them all fired, suspended or charged with something. Why not charge the mother for not watching her kids? Being irresponsible. Child neglect. Parents are suppose to watch over their little ones, protect them and teach them right from wrong.
sheena

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

they had police dogs search and they faild to find the boys. It was later found out that the dogs were not fully trained and was still in training. the family sued and won 2.5 million. I cried when i heard they were found dead
brittany mendez

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

I was there i was 10 years old when this all happened Annabel was my friend he was so funny. I can never forget about the day we found them there in the trunk dead it still breaks my heart til this day. I always ask myself why did this have to happen. Its unforgettable :( Rest in peace <3
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

It is truly sad that those little ones had to die so soon.
However, it is the parents responsibility to watch their children.
I have seen kids of 2-3 run into the street in my neighborhood. I have seen little ones running at large in the supermarket/department stores.
When I was a child I couldn't just play in a car, it was off limits. And while shopping I had to have a hand on the cart at all times.
This story is just sad in so many ways. Sad that young children had to lose their lives. Sad that the parents walk away with 2.5 million for well, not being responsible parents.
meena

Doha, Qatar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

A hidden camera caught kim kardashian secret video from a hotel in New York. And this video is out now.... watch it
www.worldfashionjob.com
tamika

Moorestown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

I know this woman, i live on same street She is upset that she isn't getting the extra cash from welfare and the extra food stamps she sells for cash instead of feeding her children with and she buys crack with the money. The housing she was getting was cause of the children and after their deaths social services stopped paying her rent there. So she has been squatting there and refuses 2 leave. All the while getting pregnant 2 try 2 get the benefits back cause she is to lazy 2 work.she has never had a job the whole time I have known her. I said 2 her y don't u get a job and she said ain't no job gona give her what she get 4 not having one so why should I work if u want a raise u have 2 begg ur boss and u probably still won't get it. While all I have 2 do is have another kid and I definitely get a raise. B**ch please ur making us look bad. Y didn't u find ur own dam kids their ur responsibility and now u have the nerve 2 have more kids u belong in jail it should have been u not them sweet kids
proselntelul

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

i kinda feel like killing myself cuz i'm black and everyone thinks i wanna murder them..
sdam

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

dam 2006 the website is that old..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pennsauken Discussions

Search the Pennsauken Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr anonymous 17,911
CMD Gear3 8 hr bigD856 188
Green GOP Group Caught Between 'Rock And A Hard... 10 hr conservative crapola 8
Debate: Gay Marriage - Palmyra, NJ (Apr '13) Apr 15 Dorothy L. 4
Do Not Adopt from Greyhound Angel Adoption (Oct '09) Apr 6 Sharon R 13
Only 3 Students Scored College-Ready In Camden Apr 2 Chaka khan 3
Clerk Shot While Reaching for Alarm Jan '14 Peggy Cunane 2
•••

Fire Warning for Camden County was issued at April 24 at 4:06AM EDT

•••
•••

Pennsauken News Video

•••