Holiday parades this weekend

Nov 23, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CourierPostOnline

Get in step with the holiday season by taking in a traditional community parade. via CourierPostOnline

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2012
ANONYMOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

WHY MUST THE FIRETRUCKS MAKE THEIR SIRENS SCREAM DURING THE XMAS FIRETRUCK PARADE? IT TAKES ALL THE BEAUTY OUT OF THE PARADE WITH THE LIGHTS AND MUSIC. YEARS AGO WHEN MY SON AND I JUST HAPPENED TO COME UPON THE BELLMAWR FIRETRUCK PARADE, THERE WAS NO NOISE BUT THE MUSIC COMING FROM THE TRUCKS. IT WAS JUST GREAT. NOW IT'S A COMPETITION BETWEEN TRUCKS WHO CAN BE THE LOUDEST.
MAKE IT STOP!
ANONYMOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

I have to agree! I can't take my daughter because she has developmental delays and the loud noises scare her...so we miss it every year. We have been to the parade in Audubon, and like Bellmawr there were no sirens, just beautifully decorated fire trucks and Christmas music! To me, that is more about the holiday season than who has the loudest siren!
Anon

Runnemede, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

I think it's exciting and my kids love the sirens. The town tries to do something nice for the kids, and still people have to complain. Can't please everyone!
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

The siren comment wasn't a complaint. I think it's appropriate at the Fourth of July parade to scream sirens, but not at the Xmas one. You can't hear the music. It just takes away from the holiday atmosphere.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

I've lived in Runnemede for over 20 years, the firetruck parade is relatively new. In the beginning there was no sirens, just lighted trucks and music. It was nice.
Former Bellmawrian

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

Bellmawr fireman,not unlike other fireman,our borderline idiots.They are endlessly amused by flashing lights and loud noise. Please be aware the parade is not primarily for the children but rather the fireman.They live in anticipation of the chance to drive the trucks and wear their uniforms. Have you ever noticed how many fireman are arrestd for arson?
Rob

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Here is a highlight video i did today of the Parade in Runnemede NJ. Im a local event videographer and had some free time today so i figured id make a nice highlight for the township. I didnt see many good highlights online so i figured it was a good idea. Enjoy

Runnemede 4th of July Parade Highlight

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pennsauken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Ancient One 18,821
CMD Gear3 Mon newworldorder 683
N.J Father Claims Wrong Son Will Go To Jail (Dec '06) Mon Crack Kills 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Aug 24 jerziguy 33
Camden Home for Children was a haven for 114 years (Sep '08) Aug 24 Rich_S 3
Is Camden Really That Bad? (Nov '11) Aug 23 hnv819 23
Demolition crews now turn to Sears building's f... (Aug '13) Aug 19 Pedro Cintas 2

Search the Pennsauken Forum:
•••

Pennsauken News Video

•••
•••

Pennsauken Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pennsauken People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE