YorkCounts progress report coming out today

A New Jersey community organizer will be the speaker at the annual YorkCounts summit being held this morning. Full Story
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#1 Mar 26, 2010
What a joke! They should have done this next Thursday it would have been more fitting. Why would anyone think that any one working in York could make it better. You have the city springing new parking fees on people without a real warning. They wait until the day they are changing the fees to let people know. If you check out the cities official website www.yorkcity.org Under there important news it just states that street sweeping will begin March 23 if the weather is good. If you go to the parking in York section. None of the fines have change. They are still $25 for most fines.
DR-D

Pottstown, PA

#2 Mar 26, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
What a joke! They should have done this next Thursday it would have been more fitting. Why would anyone think that any one working in York could make it better. You have the city springing new parking fees on people without a real warning. They wait until the day they are changing the fees to let people know. If you check out the cities official website www.yorkcity.org Under there important news it just states that street sweeping will begin March 23 if the weather is good. If you go to the parking in York section. None of the fines have change. They are still $25 for most fines.
Ignoring for convenience the fact that this news was in both papers and on the tv news well in advance of the changes, you would move your car for a $100 fine, but not for a $25 fine?
John Doe 000069

York, PA

#3 Mar 26, 2010
DR-D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring for convenience the fact that this news was in both papers and on the tv news well in advance of the changes, you would move your car for a $100 fine, but not for a $25 fine?
WRONG. I bet you would just let the city get away with giving tickets even though the proper signs are not up nor are the curbs marked. What I think is 30 feet from a controlled intersection might me different than what the city thinks. What do the meter maid carry a tape measure?
Wondering

Lancaster, PA

#4 Mar 26, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. I bet you would just let the city get away with giving tickets even though the proper signs are not up nor are the curbs marked. What I think is 30 feet from a controlled intersection might me different than what the city thinks. What do the meter maid carry a tape measure?
There are parking meters closer than 30 feet from controlled intersections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennsauken Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,224
CMD Gear3 (Mar '14) Sep 19 wow 690
Banking on Violence in Camden Sep 11 jesuslovesblow 4
Camden Home for Children was a haven for 114 years (Sep '08) Sep 11 Resident 4
Winter storms take financial toll on government... (Feb '10) Sep 10 Elmer 3
'Jersey City's the new Camden...Watch out, Bayo... (May '10) Sep 8 pwr188 20
N.J. Lottery Scratch-Off Tickets Leave Some Con... (Jun '08) Sep 7 Richsamsam 31
•••

Pennsauken News Video

•••
•••

Pennsauken Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pennsauken People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pennsauken News, Events & Info