Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#1 Mar 5, 2013

This is what coward police officers do to you when you protest peacefully in this country!

America is a " Police " and "Surveillance"
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#2 Mar 5, 2013

Sorry... The link was bad! This is the new link
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#3 Mar 5, 2013
You Don't Get to see this on Cnn , Msnbc , Fox News , or any other mainstream media organization in America because these police officers were instructed to do this by the Federal Government.

This is why none of them were fired or arrested.
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#4 Mar 5, 2013
At The 3:01 Point you will see a Police Officer punch a girl in the face for absolutely no reason at all!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#5 Mar 5, 2013
Now remember...

If any of these protesters did anything to defend themselves...

They were charged and convicted of a Felony crime of assaulting a police officer.

So if you were protesting , you had to sit there and let them beat you ...

These officers were mostly pussies... they knew that most people would not fight back because it was a peaceful movement and the people did not want to be charged with a crime.
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#6 Mar 5, 2013

1 Marine Vs 30 Cops!!!

These same police officers were afraid of this man because he was a big dude.

This man bitches them out right to their faces for 30 minutes and calls them names and 30 police officers were afraid of him.

Watch the video...
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#8 Mar 5, 2013
This happened about 5 months ago
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#9 Mar 5, 2013
Remember my posts last year...

I told you that the American people will start rising up against the government!

We are sick of these Jewish Owned Banks borrowing our money interest free, and then loaning it back to us at high interest rates!

We are sick of the Israeli Lobby taking 8 billion dollars a year from the American people!

We are sick of innocent people being murdered by the U.S. government!

Barrack Obama even murdered a U.S. citizen and his 16 year old son by bombing them with a Drone!

The mainstream media did everything that they could not to tell you about it!

America will rise up again!

We will be joined by Anonymous!
Occupy London!
Occupy Oakland!
Occupy New York
Occupy Philadelphia

Soon the whole country will protest and demand our rights back!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#10 Mar 5, 2013
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#12 Mar 5, 2013
Tuesday 15 November 2011 08.40 EST

Occupy Wall Street: police violence reveals a corrupt system
Better-off Occupy Wall Street protesters are learning something about the relationship between citizen and state

Solidarity with the police has turned to outrage. Photograph: Lucas Jackson/Reuters
Laurie Penny

At four in the morning in lower Manhattan, as what remains of the Occupy Wall Street encampment is loaded into trash compacters, some protesters have still not given up on the police. Kevin Sheneberger tries to engage one NYPD officer in a serious debate about the role of law enforcement in public protest. Then he sees them loading his friend's tent into the back of a rubbish truck. Behind him, a teenage girl holds a hastily written sign saying: "NYPD, we trusted you – you were supposed to protect us!"

The sentiment is a familiar one. Across Europe, over a year of demonstrations, occupations and civil disobedience, anti-austerity protesters have largely shifted from declaring solidarity with the police – as fellow workers whose jobs and pensions are also under threat – to outrage and anger at state violence against unarmed protesters. Following last month's police brutality in Oakland, and today's summary eviction of the Occupy Wall Street camp, American activists too are reaching the conclusion that "police protect the 1%".

The notion that law enforcement is there to protect a wealthy elite from the rest of the population is not news to those protesters from deprived and ethnic minority backgrounds, many of whom have been subject to intimidation in their communities for years, but for those from more privileged backgrounds, the first spurt of pepper spray to the face is an important education in the nature of the relationship between state and citizen in the west. "Who do you guys work for?" Shouts one Manhattan protester, as police load arrestees into a van. "You work for JP Morgan Bank!"

In times of economic and democratic crisis, it makes sense for faltering governments to use police violence and the threat of arrest to bully citizens into compliance. In the context of protest, however, police harassment has three other, important effects. The first and most important of these is consciousness-raising.

The spectacle of police beating and brutalising unarmed civilians for the crime of sitting on the pavement and demanding a fairer world brings home the point of the struggle to public and protesters alike. The second is galvanising: attacks on peaceful protesters rarely make the police or government look anything but weak and cowardly, and have tended only to increase public support for civil disobedience. "This is going to explode now," 26-year-old Katie tells me, as we watch demonstrators marched out of Zuccotti Park one by one. "They don't realise what they've done."

Fighting the police can focus the energy of a movement – but it can also drain that energy. In Britain, a year of arrests and vicious crackdowns have left anti-cuts protesters debilitated and depleted, and the challenge for the American movement will be to remember its purpose in the face of police brutality. "That's the whole point of violent resistance," says Sheneberger. "It exposes the corruption of the power that's resisting you."

http://m.guardiannews.com/commentisfree/2011/...
FYI

San Antonio, TX

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Threatening gestures is a violation of Topix Terms Of Service. In doing so you could be banned from Topix, if reported.
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#18 Mar 5, 2013
All I'm asking is for you to leave me alone
Freedom Fighter

Roanoke, VA

#20 Mar 5, 2013
Well,8069 I see you have started spewing you idiotic BS again. Welcome back Freedom! You would not know brutality if it bit you on the nose! You really need to stop watching TV and reading cop comic books.
funny

Lexington, NC

#21 Mar 5, 2013
Freedom wrote:
All I'm asking is for you to leave me alone
if u don't like America leave no one will stop u
Archie bunker

Princeton, WV

#22 Mar 7, 2013
Anti American, commie propaganda,.... Meathead
my point of view

United States

#23 Mar 7, 2013
Does anyone on these sites know anything but Freedom? He knows everything and on this one topic out of 15 post ii are his.Does he stay on here 24/7?
Freedom

Sedalia, NC

#24 Mar 7, 2013
my point of view wrote:
Does anyone on these sites know anything but Freedom? He knows everything and on this one topic out of 15 post ii are his.Does he stay on here 24/7?
No,
Just had some days off!

My god this man was beaten by police and people are saying propaganda!!!?

Are you people crazy!!!

This really happened!

The man was jumped by 3 or 4 cops and it is on tape and u can hear every word!

I can't believe the guy who said it was propaganda!
Gee point of view

Big Stone Gap, VA

#25 Mar 7, 2013
my point of view wrote:
I think so. He makes good points but doesn't know when to stop. Then it gets irritating and you just start scrolling past his posts. AS the ole timers used to say, running it in the ground.
Freedom Fighter

Blacksburg, VA

#26 Mar 7, 2013
Exactly. That is mostly the reason 99% of the people who read this site bypass his post. The other 1% is Freedom himself! Of course with such a world traveler as he is he does see a lot of things, but only tells what fits his propaganda! I think he needs to move to Iran, he would be a good fit there! But ignore him and maybe he will go away.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#27 Mar 8, 2013
if you protest like that in chinia you get ran over with a tank. russia would shoot you or put you in prison for a few years. america has a few police man who misplace the power of the badge but think how many spitting and cussing he has and enoughy is enough. can,t say that what happen was right but you would have have been in a place like that to under stand.if what you are doing is your right and the side has the same right not to like what you do

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
god 7 hr God Is Good 28
Injured prison guard 17 hr Proud citizen 4
Fair Pageant Thu Pagent 2
Judaism is a Satanic and Racist Religion (Feb '13) Wed Lee County Thinker 105
Are Churchs the devils playground (Nov '13) Tue Emanuel 4
Denominations is divisions and division is sin ... Aug 26 Emanuel 3
patio Aug 26 Good times 13
•••
•••

Pennington Gap Jobs