truck yeah

Charlotte, NC

#131 Dec 13, 2012
Would you share the link please? I will pass it on to everyone I work with who lives in the county.
Cars only

Knoxville, TN

#132 Dec 13, 2012
"]I mean really lets just put a sign under the sculptures that says "everything you though about us is true" The best we can do for this county is to spend money on a theater for who exactly? Maybe and movie theater for childrens matinees, and a Nascar statue with a stupid play on words??? Could we spend this "free" money on something constructive like fixing up some of the unsafe buildings in town and getting the vagrants off the street. As far as the ATV trail? We owned 20 acres to the top of Stone Mt. we gave an easement for this big project. We have since bought the twenty acres next to us. There will be no easement on it. I was told we were the only ones who had not signed on . That was a lie. Nope I am not in the mood to cooperate with this bunch of yahoos. Mt Racemore OMG

So that means you are out of the corporation limits of Pennington . Wha wha wha
hmmm

Charlotte, NC

#133 Dec 13, 2012
http://m.ipetitions.com/#petition/opposition-...

This is the petition site. Pass it on.
truck yeah

Charlotte, NC

#135 Dec 13, 2012
Hey cars only, what diference does that make. I have a right to have input on what goes on so close to my house. And if I were the council I would be hding under a rock not carving one. Hello you look like a bunch of town clowns. All your police are in prison for distributing drugs and you are trying to bring attention to yourselves? Give me a break. Nascar OMG. This is Pennington the only things racing down the streets are scooters and mopeds. I will stay and I will make a diference because next year I retire and I will make it my lifes work to save the little ones from thier zombie parents. Somebody has to give these kids a chance in life. If all the people who come to town to go to church on Sunday would come and walk the town they could take it back. After all those of us who work are paying for all those "checks" the loiters use to stay high and not work. More will be revealed.
Cars Only

Knoxville, TN

#136 Dec 14, 2012
E.L. please learn to direct traffic before you tackle anything more difficult!!!
truck yeah

Charlotte, NC

#137 Dec 15, 2012
Are you speaking to me cars? I can't imagine why I would want to direct traffic and my initials are KL not EL
truth stirrer

Big Stone Gap, VA

#138 Jan 22, 2013
If they didn't seek bids for this project then they violated the law. If they didn't advertise for 3 consecutive weeks for a hearing for PUBLIC to do this project then they may have broke the law.
Please read for yourself and make your own decisions.

http://www.vml.org/CLAY/SeriesPDF/05VaPubProc...

This is a link to The Virginia Public Procurement Act

Hillsboro, WV

#139 Jan 22, 2013
They didn't try to do anything but get federal funding and then they got told it did not meet the funding regulations. The board would not fund this stupid project as it said it had no real means of generating money for our town.

http://www.tic.virginia.gov/pdfs/grantfunding...

Staff comments and recommendation: The request arguably constitutes a regular periodic function of
local government and would create a precedent for funding innumerable local economic development
planning processes. Furthermore, there is little information provided regarding the feasibility or impacts of the Mount Racemore project to indicate the viability of that proposed project.

Staff recommends no award.

Hillsboro, WV

#140 Jan 22, 2013
That page says they have to make the money up from their own funds as it is not a viable option to build in our area. NO FUNDING! We have to pay for this monstrosity.
truth stirrer

Big Stone Gap, VA

#141 Jan 22, 2013
Guest wrote:
They didn't try to do anything but get federal funding and then they got told it did not meet the funding regulations. The board would not fund this stupid project as it said it had no real means of generating money for our town.
http://www.tic.virginia.gov/pdfs/grantfunding...
Staff comments and recommendation: The request arguably constitutes a regular periodic function of
local government and would create a precedent for funding innumerable local economic development
planning processes. Furthermore, there is little information provided regarding the feasibility or impacts of the Mount Racemore project to indicate the viability of that proposed project.
Staff recommends no award.
They still have to ask for bids and hearing for public input regardless.

Hillsboro, WV

#142 Jan 22, 2013
I hope it gets shut down, it's a stupid idea.
Lovely

Corryton, TN

#143 Jan 25, 2013
race fan wrote:
I love nascar but lets spend this money on atv trails!
we need more 4 wheel drive trails and mud pits somewhere where we can take our truck through

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#145 Jan 25, 2013
You speak of pill heads maybe you should be doing some more investigating the ones you are setting on pedestals now, like drinking TOO MUCH, and a few other wacky weed things. This applies to several, you have to figure out for yourself which is which and what applies to whom.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#146 Jan 25, 2013
truth stirrer wrote:
You speak of pill heads maybe you should be doing some more investigating the ones you are setting on pedestals now, like drinking TOO MUCH, and a few other wacky weed things. This applies to several, you have to figure out for yourself which is which and what applies to whom.
Let me clarify this, a couple months ago sheet posted these innuendos about these same people he is boosting for office. I meant to put in there that he should remember he said it.
kanday

Charlotte, NC

#147 Jan 25, 2013
Which thread did he post that on?
kanday

Charlotte, NC

#148 Jan 25, 2013
truth stirrer wrote:
If they didn't seek bids for this project then they violated the law. If they didn't advertise for 3 consecutive weeks for a hearing for PUBLIC to do this project then they may have broke the law.
Please read for yourself and make your own decisions.
http://www.vml.org/CLAY/SeriesPDF/05VaPubProc...
This is a link to The Virginia Public Procurement Act
They need to be taught a lesson about following the law. I think they tried to avoid the public knowing ahead of time because they knew they would lose.
kanday

Charlotte, NC

#149 Jan 25, 2013
QUOTE who="stonewall". And just how do they propose to "build" this stupid thing? Carve it out of the hillside? Pour it out of concrete? Make it out of plaster of paris? Either way it still sounds and looks like sh!t! Hey Terry go smoke some more pot with Gary and Ty and think of some more stupid sh!t to do. QUOTE
The more you know.....
kanday

Charlotte, NC

#151 Jan 25, 2013
YOU have no experience that would qualify you to handle/run the PD! With your past habits and current delusions, you should fade into the dark and quit making yourself look any stupider!
kanday

Charlotte, NC

#152 Jan 25, 2013
Stupider was used for the sheet with barely a brain cell left from his partying.

More stupid.....ppl w/o brain damage from pot and drinking know this!
tracker

Conshohocken, PA

#153 Nov 10, 2013
Well good idea for area but lets clean out the dirty cops first I feel sorry for the tourist that com see it cops speed to go eat have accidents and kill people then twist it around to where its not their fault

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
david wells (Oct '14) Mon David Wells cousin 2
Looking for Linda Sue Wells Watson (Mar '10) Mon David Wells cousin 8
I Still Love You! (Jan '14) May 20 Her Hate 39
Looking for Calton,J.R (Nov '17) May 17 Living on a prayer 3
Gay Jonesville (Oct '10) May 13 Allen7 105
Black Double Standard (Dec '14) May 10 Ugly 8
Hurricane Apr 28 KennyG 6

Pennington Gap Jobs

Personal Finance

Pennington Gap Mortgages