First Prev
of 8
Next Last
race fan

Tucker, GA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
I love nascar but lets spend this money on atv trails!
truckin on through

Pennington Gap, VA

#2 Nov 16, 2012
who honestly thinks this is going to be a money making activity for pennington gap?? there may be a few here and there but nobody will flock to it in droves like the ida thinks they will. willing to take bets on how quick it will be spray painted and litter bound. spend money elsewhere.
movedaway

United States

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Could someone explain what this is?
race fan 2

Weyers Cave, VA

#4 Nov 16, 2012
I agree!! We have enough people laughing at Penningtn Gap now over the "crooked road" that Peanut gap is not a part of so now let's try to "steal" some nascar fever when we have no real nascar connections! Come On Man!!!
Possibility

Wise, VA

#5 Nov 16, 2012
race fan 2 wrote:
I agree!! We have enough people laughing at Penningtn Gap now over the "crooked road" that Peanut gap is not a part of so now let's try to "steal" some nascar fever when we have no real nascar connections! Come On Man!!!
Is that big painting on the side of the old theater? I always thought Lee wasn't part of the crooked road?
sofly

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2012
race fan 2 wrote:
I agree! It would make more sense if the dammnnd thing was closer to Bristol Motor Speedway... Why put it out here in BFE?? LoL
joker wild

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2012
We should take the old airport and make a drag strip now that would make Money.
Possibility

Wise, VA

#8 Nov 16, 2012
joker wild wrote:
We should take the old airport and make a drag strip now that would make Money.
I have heard t that comment before. It is a great idea.
TandT

Knoxville, TN

#9 Nov 16, 2012
I think this is the stupidist idea I have ever read. Really, think about it. Peggington Gap and surrounding areas need to get some business investment going. Coal may be on the way out. We need jobs not some stupid Racemore tourist attraction.
TandT

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Oops! Pennington Gap. Sorry.
I say we revolt

Gatlinburg, TN

#11 Nov 16, 2012
This is the most ridiculous waste of taxpayer money I've ever heard of. everyone should attend the ida meetings and refuse to let those idiots waste our money. there are people losing their jobs in Pennington Gap right now and we waste money on this stupid idea? absolutely not. I know I'll be at the meeting.
Stupid people stupid idea

Natural Bridge, VA

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Possibility wrote:
<quoted text>Is that big painting on the side of the old theater? I always thought Lee wasn't part of the crooked road?
Yep that is what they are referring to. According to the people that put up the sign "it was to attract more people to Pennington Gap" LOL The only part of Lee County that was on the Crooked Road is US 23 in the Jasper area and that is what 3 miles of "wilderness"? Don't see that "stretch" of road drawing many tourist that will stop and spend a lot of money. So now we are going to carve some faces in the hills and draw more people to wide spot in the road that actually does not go to NASCAR country. Maybe we can paint it on the west side of the court house and as they turn in Jonesville they can snap a picture as they stop at the light! ROFLMDAO!!!!
joker wild

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2012
This is a good idea for Bristol ..
Someone is getting ready to line them pockets everyone should show up at the next meeting and send them packing we don't have anything to do with racing sad to say so why build a whatever the he11 this thing is.
ATV trials ok harlan has done beat you to that and unless you went biger and better ppl would drive on by to harlan.
We don't need to copy harlan just do somthing that might compliment what harlan is doing or not I can tell mount redneck is not it!
Racefan

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2012
I like it.When our nice president closes all our coal mines, will need something too bring money back to Lee Co. They are working on the ATV. trail, lets give them a chance and see how everything works out first instead of downing everything before they try it out. Why is everybody always on the negtive side of things. If you don't try how will you ever no if something will work.

Since: Jan 12

Ludlow, MA

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Because after they try it out, the moneys already spent. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Stupid people stupid idea

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 Nov 16, 2012
wing_zero wrote:
Because after they try it out, the moneys already spent. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
I think that they should carve the faces of Pope, Carter, Young, Harless and James and anyone else that supports this stupid idea. This will bring in about as much as the damn recycling plant in Rose Hill!
joker wild

United States

#18 Nov 16, 2012
Racefan wrote:
I like it.When our nice president closes all our coal mines, will need something too bring money back to Lee Co. They are working on the ATV. trail, lets give them a chance and see how everything works out first instead of downing everything before they try it out. Why is everybody always on the negtive side of things. If you don't try how will you ever no if something will work.
how will this bring money more like waste money.
Lordy obama is not shuting the coal mines down so now he tell china what to spend their money on and the contract with china is the only reason the mines ran as long as they did I know I'm a 3rd generation coal minner.
I hope the ATV thing works but if you are talking about that thing behind the middle school what is that the kiddie trail ?we will have to do better than that to compete with harlan just don't think that's a good idea .
Possibility

Wise, VA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
Stone Face wrote:
<quoted text>
An ATV trail called The Great Stone Face ATV Trail system would have made more cense.
No need to carve anything, it's already carved. It's already part of our community, no need for construction, copyright, liability, or EMBARRASSMENT . Just add a lighted sign near the Rock & let the good times roll.
Probably to simple for GREAT THINKERS at the IDA aka (IDIOT DUMB ASSES)
There was a light at Stone Face and some punks or whatever shot it out. I had heard a rumor the people that live up there did it.
hummm

Jonesville, VA

#20 Nov 16, 2012
I tink snce there e so may Obama worishippers.,we should rename the great stone face to BaROCK Obama and see how many tourist that brings in.
nope

Jonesville, VA

#21 Nov 16, 2012
aint you heard they going to take down that rock and move it to Washington. It's gonna be better than when da generator came through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If u sold Fire wood in Town you need to Pay sal... (May '12) 7 hr Truth 11
election 2016 (Oct '16) Mon Justsain 206
Lee County Fair (Aug '15) Sep 16 Art 31
School menu Sep 14 Bigdog21 6
Cancel halloween Sep 14 Voter 8
Arby's in pennington Sep 11 in the loop 2
Dear Gary Parsons! Sep 3 Big dog21 3

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance