First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Veteran

San Antonio, TX

#26 Jan 24, 2013
cash customer

Big Stone Gap, VA

#27 Jan 24, 2013
semperfi wrote:
<quoted text>V.F.W=veterans from war not a club for general public sorry you have the pub or café.many laws have been broken not only local laws he made a promise to. Uncle Sam when he opened it to serve the vets so he gets tax breaks discounts from venders all in the name of the American soldiers who have served this country.
I know 40+ vets that won't go in that place wonder why!
They all live in this area !
Do you think without the public and the money it spends, that it would make enough money to actually stay afloat? I love the VFW at Bristol. It rocks. You are wrong when you say other VFW's do not allow the public in.
curious

Bellevue, WA

#28 Jan 25, 2013
Pennington Gap Pizza Hut
michelle

United States

#29 Jan 27, 2013
semperfi wrote:
At a normal vfw you must be a vet or guest of a vet to even get in the door that place is not a real vfw the only reason it uses the name vfw is to sell liquor and if the right vet walks in it will be over because the first thing he will do is start asking all those ppl if they are vets or what the vets name is that got them in.
Should be a vet at the door checking this and every one can't be invited by one person unless it is his birthday!
there is also one other vfw in lee county that im aware of.. they do the exact same thing as the one on the hill..matter of fact i went to another vfw in another state!.. and they let anyone in just the same... they prolly had to change the rules so the doors could stay open.. no money be'n made means no bills get paid
Knows

Roanoke, VA

#30 Jan 27, 2013
The VFW is an embarrassment to all the Veterans! Nothing but trash goes there and that is a FACT! I hope they close it down.
Babgirl

Mayfield, KY

#31 Feb 9, 2013
Doesnt John Tom go there?
Anonymous

Vinton, VA

#32 Feb 10, 2013
going down wrote:
Place is a joke not run like any VFW that I have ever been in and I am a vet went to this one time no more.
If you going to post a statement like that, have the nuts to put your name out there. I'm Roy on Doris Ave and you are a idiot. You don't like it I don't hide my name and I'm not hard to find. If you are a veteran I'd think you would have more balls.
Anonymous

Vinton, VA

#33 Feb 10, 2013
First Off you should know that VFW means Veteran of Foreign Wars, Not Veterans for War. 2nd how many veterans of foreign ware do we have left. Most of the WW2 and Vietnam Vets are gone or too old to get out to the club. The new ones coming back now are too young to get in which I think is Bullshit. They're old enough to take a bullet for this country but, they can't go to a club for Veterans for a beer.
So to remain solvent this VFW has to let Civilians in. I'm a vet and I don't have a problem with it. You;ll find that people with the same beliefs and experiences will congregate together. So if you don't like it don't go!!!! Leave the rest alone because you don't have a clue. The VFW gives hungry family's food and blankets at thanksgiving and toys and food to the the needy kids at Christmas and I cry every time I see a smile on a kids face. What do you do???
Jack

Jonesville, VA

#35 Feb 10, 2013
Sheet Stirrer wrote:
<quoted text> I agree 100%! Glad to see someone else with "reasoning " ! I was told that the towns mayor once "faked or gave the impression that he was a Vet and one of the old timers or Vets called him out on it . Ever since then he has taken cheap shots at them and "Stabs them in the back " ! We know he "Stabs them in the back " because we have caught him on several occasions . I am sure there have been some mistakes made at the VFW , but the Sheet is for it and hopes and wishes the best for it ! Go VFW !!! Don't listen to the "Politician , Boss Hog " !!
You are a liar and the VFW said the mayor has been nothing but helpful and accomadating so stop it Mr. Smallwood.
WeldermnMcdonald s

United States

#36 Feb 10, 2013
Its a dump
charmin 4 sheet

Asheboro, NC

#38 Feb 10, 2013
List those 'number of things' you long winded, fart sniffing, nut sack eating, post hearing fool! Google 'accountability'.
YYou

Pennington Gap, VA

#40 Feb 10, 2013
Any real vets at the vfw. Prolly not its a hang out for dope heads

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#41 Feb 10, 2013
charmin 4 sheet wrote:
List those 'number of things' you long winded, fart sniffing, nut sack eating, post hearing fool! Google 'accountability'.
Well, I can see I wasnt needed today.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#42 Feb 10, 2013
I really do not want to do this, it is giving me heart burn, but, I must agree with sheety. Bacon ater has double dealt the Vets, what he says to them and to others is totally different. Let me clarify, also, what he says to people he knows, is related to, or acquainted with will be different to. He doesn't want IT getting back to them.
Vfwww

Pennington Gap, VA

#43 Feb 10, 2013
Is not in town limits so whats the big azz sheet deal ????!!!
que

Charlotte, NC

#45 Feb 18, 2013
Vee eff double u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia police arrest 31 on drug charges 5 hr brooks 23
2 nyc cops executed 9 hr Just Sayin 3
If you don't believe in GOD, why do you celebra... (Dec '11) Wed Yep_ 98
Murder trial Wed crying a bucket 8
Sad Wed trust me 2
huddle house Wed wondering 1
tanf (Nov '11) Dec 23 earl 54
Pennington Gap Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pennington Gap People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pennington Gap News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pennington Gap

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:15 pm PST