? about football at lee high

Posted in the Pennington Gap Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
fan

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2012
As a fan I watch a lot of high school football and have been behind lee high for many years.
I don't get in to the politics I will reserch new coaches and have to say the only thing I can find on martin is a middle school record which was a good record but still middle school.

Ok here is my ? Why does the jv team at lee high beat the crap out of schools but varsity can't buy a win and has half the jv playing up.
Here is the records jv has beat rye cove ,union ,and gate city and lost to central by a touch down in the 4th .what is going on is this just one of those years and it will get Better when the jv group gets to varisty.
Please no dumb commits about your personal problems with coaches keep it on subject.
FBall

Abingdon, VA

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Most of those JV teams you named are primarily made up of 8th graders. Really "good" 9th graders most likely are strictly varsity. VHSL has a 40 quarters rule as well that says a player can only play 40 quarters combined between JV and varsity. Some schools adhere to that rule others don't.
DEAL

Gatlinburg, TN

#4 Sep 26, 2012
wih it... phs had bad teams take note top middle school player left to go play with x phs people chris an garys kids. gate city got their buttt handed to them 2 games in a row..so it happens everywhere...deal with it its a sport.. for any kids at lee not just the chosen few
fan

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2012
FBall wrote:
Most of those JV teams you named are primarily made up of 8th graders. Really "good" 9th graders most likely are strictly varsity. VHSL has a 40 quarters rule as well that says a player can only play 40 quarters combined between JV and varsity. Some schools adhere to that rule others don't.
well them some big 8th graders gate city was a lot biger union was a close match rye cove wad small central was monsters and thus was jv games and if what you say is true who is the middle schools playing when they play these teams?
fan

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2012
A True Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that politics are not a part of JV or middle School, shows there is less pressure.
To Coach at the high school level, you must be able to deal with not just players. The parents, fans,
Principal, Superintendent, VHSL, sponsors, boosters & school board. You have to be a people person to keep everyone united and on the same page. Simply put " A LEADER"
hum sounds like maybe they need to hire someone to just deal with those problems because I don't know the kids but know their is a lot of good players at lee high that has been beating pretty much the same teams the last few years that they can't beat now .
true fan

Natural Bridge, VA

#8 Sep 26, 2012
fan wrote:
<quoted text>hum sounds like maybe they need to hire someone to just deal with those problems because I don't know the kids but know their is a lot of good players at lee high that has been beating pretty much the same teams the last few years that they can't beat now .
Humm Sounds like they need to hire a true coach, a real coach and real staff. Instead what we have is a staff of friends, relatives, old classmates, former students and players, and a bunch of want-a-bees and a GREAT 1-3 record with a 5 star win against Thomas Walker! GO TEAM!! Warm up the bus!!
fan

United States

#9 Sep 26, 2012
A True Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
They Did Hire Someone, " A BUS DRIVER"
I don't think it matters if he drives a bus can he coach that's the ?
fan

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2012
true fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm Sounds like they need to hire a true coach, a real coach and real staff. Instead what we have is a staff of friends, relatives, old classmates, former students and players, and a bunch of want-a-bees and a GREAT 1-3 record with a 5 star win against Thomas Walker! GO TEAM!! Warm up the bus!!
its a small town right can you pay for a "real coach and staff " all of lee don't make half of kingsport what do you want for nothing the last real coach could not do any better at triple the price from what I understand so what you are saying sounds personal and that my friend could be part of the problem.
cant handle the truth

Jonesville, VA

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Don't matter who you get to coach,you cant make silk with a sows tit. The important thing is that they get to play and have fun. So quit the complaining. It's not like they're going to NFL.
fan

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2012
cant handle the truth wrote:
Don't matter who you get to coach,you cant make silk with a sows tit. The important thing is that they get to play and have fun. So quit the complaining. It's not like they're going to NFL.
you are the only one not blamingthe coach it could be slot of things but I do think that that team could do better how is the ?
fan

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Ok from a fans point of veiw
Lee should have won this game take those running backs and teach them how to hold on to the ball .
Defence need to just get meaner need Motavation.
Coaches simple stupid mistakes cost you this game for example on the 10 first quarter 4th down and go for it ?
Get the 3 and regroup.
OKK

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Sep 28, 2012
Im glad they lost,,Busdriver,,,What a Joke?
the question

United States

#15 Sep 28, 2012
I will put my two cents worth in, for what its worth. The question was why does the j.v. do well and the varsity not do well. Being a good j.v. player doesn't mean you will be a good varsity player. For example, an undersized j.v. lineman that is strong for his size and very athletic can compete against bigger linemen who havn't matured yet and are still clumsy. But two years down the road the clumsy bigger kid will be better at what he does, and the difference in size will too much to overcome. One of the biggest reasons I have noticed, however, is it depends on each school and how good their players are, both individually and as a team. If a teams varsity is not very good, their good j.v. players will be playing varsity, which makes their j.v. team weaker. If a team's varsity is very good, their j.v. will likely be pretty good, as they won't pull anybody up to the varsity. Then you also run into situations where, say a team has a really good bunch of younger players that can start on the varsity as freshmen. You will beat their j.v. team that year, but when your j.v. players get to the varsity, they will have to play against those talented players that never played j.v., but have much more varsity experience, as well as more talent. Rye Cove, Union, and Gate City all have young varsity teams this year, which means a lot of their best younger players are playing varsity instead of j.v.
the question

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2012
Oh, and I forgot to mention that some schools cheat on the 40 quarter rule, which makes their j.v. teams stronger. A j.v. team that doesn't cheat on the 40 quarter rule will usually lose to one that cheats, as playing on the varsity takes precedence over playing on the j.v.
tlc

Jonesville, VA

#17 Sep 29, 2012
I understand some of the loses that Lee High have had this year but that loss to Wise Central last night was not acceptbable. This is a Wise Central team that should be playing TW and Hurley and they beat us. Lee High will not win another game this year. The football team has went from bad to pathetic.
fan

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2012
tlc wrote:
I understand some of the loses that Lee High have had this year but that loss to Wise Central last night was not acceptbable. This is a Wise Central team that should be playing TW and Hurley and they beat us. Lee High will not win another game this year. The football team has went from bad to pathetic.
you are so right lee should have won bad play calling and lack of conditioning cost them this game .
I think they will win one more because their is a team that looks as bad if not worse than lee high but that will be it.
who will they beat

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 Sep 29, 2012
fan wrote:
<quoted text>you are so right lee should have won bad play calling and lack of conditioning cost them this game .
I think they will win one more because their is a team that looks as bad if not worse than lee high but that will be it.
And who do you think they will beat? Clintwood at home, John Battle at Bristol, Lebanon and Gate City home and finish at Virginia High. I hope you are thinking Lebanon or Virginia High! And they will not beat either of those two either. 1-9 for this year and they are real lucky they have that one win. Time for a new coach. We are the 1 year - 2 year -1-2 year change coach system with the school board.
fan

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2012
who will they beat wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think they will beat? Clintwood at home, John Battle at Bristol, Lebanon and Gate City home and finish at Virginia High. I hope you are thinking Lebanon or Virginia High! And they will not beat either of those two either. 1-9 for this year and they are real lucky they have that one win. Time for a new coach. We are the 1 year - 2 year -1-2 year change coach system with the school board.
gate city they are 1and 4 just like lee TV has very low rushing and no passing and maybe lebanon no chance at beating battle they have not lost a game and the best one battle played was beating Ji Burton.
realist

Natural Bridge, VA

#21 Sep 29, 2012
fan wrote:
<quoted text>gate city they are 1and 4 just like lee TV has very low rushing and no passing and maybe lebanon no chance at beating battle they have not lost a game and the best one battle played was beating Ji Burton.
And your handle says it all then. If you think that Lee and Gate City are even you are crazy. Clintwood ,Gate City, and John Battle games will be blow outs for them. Lebanon might be close just because they have to travel here but Lebanon by two scores. And finally at VH the misery will be over as they will beat Lee by three scores or more. Warm up the bus for basketball where we can be embarrassed even more. Lee High and school board all of southwestern Virginia is laughing at us!
Student

Roanoke, VA

#22 Sep 30, 2012
Don't make out like it's the boys fault they are losing games.Someone needs to teach the coaching staff. The boys are running the plays they are told to. Why can't the coach see they are not working.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old hospital won't go (May '16) 3 hr Jail them 51
election 2016 (Oct '16) Jul 19 Former DEM 186
Haunted places in Lee Co. (Apr '10) Jul 17 Kkkkkkkk 30
Lee County Fair (Aug '15) Jul 17 Just Mom 28
The Trumps Jul 14 ten 3
Need cleaners Jun 29 more money 3
Retiring to Lee Jun '17 Echacho 8

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance