straight talk phone service

Posted in the Pennington Gap Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
customer

Jonesville, VA

#1 Jun 21, 2011
I have heard that they are going out of buisness from several people but if you ask employees at straight talk they deny it....Anyone heard anything???
Info

Nashville, TN

#2 Jun 22, 2011
Straight Talk is a registered trademark of Tracfone, which is owned by America Movil. This company boasts hundreds of millions of subscribers throughout North and South America. They are not going out of business.
eat more sheep

Jonesville, VA

#3 Jun 22, 2011
verizon has pulled their liscense here localy, they still work on at&t towers for now but their is talk from att employees that they are going to pull their liscense also. they where getting more popular than verizon and att lol.. normal tracphones r unafected.
sucks

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jun 22, 2011
Straight talk service sucks. It used to work all over Woodway but now it only picks up in random spots.
Meredith T

Clover, SC

#5 Jun 22, 2011
If you don't want to keep your Straight Talk phone cuz of the crappy (if any) service & you don't want to get a contract then the trailer in Pioneer parking lot across from Subway is legit cell service. They are all over the US but just coming to this area. The only place I've heard of where there's no service is on Wilson Hill. They can take any Verizon phone & make it prepaid. It's either $20 or $30 activation fee & $35 a month for unlimited talk & text a month. I know people who know people that have service through them & are extremely happy with their service.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jun 22, 2011
All i know is my service sucks. Wal mart should be responsible they sell the phones . Everyone should call 1-800-wal mart and complain .
Freedom

Ewing, VA

#7 Jun 22, 2011
I am thinking about moving away from verizon wireless because they announced today that they are doing away with their unlimited plan. I have a Motorola Droid X and it uses a lot of data... even if you do not even touch the phone.

The phone sends data to verizon and google just to give them your exact location.

Anyway, this might affect straight talk phones if they are using verizon's service! I am not sure.
useless

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Jun 22, 2011
Straight Talk doesn't have a contract with AT&T but they did with verizon. The rep told me they work off of Tmobile and tracfone also. The service in woodway doesn't work anymore so I had to switch to AT&T's unlimited prepaid, BUT you don't get internet with it.
getacluepeople

Hillsboro, WV

#9 Jun 23, 2011
I have verizon, it works great. I won't trust that new service, look how straight talk turned out and it wasn't that old here. I bet soon as they start getting business (the trailer phone comp) then the towers will drop them like a hot potato because they'll be using Verizon or ATT towers, that cell phone comp doesn't have any towers in our area so it's just a matter of time people.
lvmygirl

Ewing, VA

#10 Jun 23, 2011
I have straightalk and have no trouble at all with service I am in the Ewing area and it works great
yard

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Jun 23, 2011
att is droping verizion in dec they wont be sharing towers att is the way to go if u want a cell
rumors true

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jun 25, 2011
So Wal Mart is letting all customers know that are purchasing straight talk cards that they are in fact going out of business and the cards are non refundable whenever the svc is discontinued.
Freedom

Ewing, VA

#13 Jun 25, 2011
It is funny that people know so much about straight talk. I do not have straight talk. I have verizon.
But I believe that someone is posting that Straight Talk is going out of buiz ... someone reads it on here.. and then calls like 20 people and tells them their phone is gonna go out..
Then that person calls...people..
SO its all over lee county that straight talk is going out of business...
I know someone who called them and straight talk said they were not going out of business.
You have to take Straight Talks word for it.
Remember when someone at the counter of wal mart is telling you that they are going out of buis ... they are just someone who works for a paycheck and knows nothing more than that.
That person has no inside information about something secret.
If you called Straight Talk and they said they were not going out of business... Then They Are Not Going Out Of Business.
Period...
I bet the worker at wal mart who is telling people this... read that info on this site!
Maybe Wal Mart will stop selling their cards..
Wal Mart does sell something called " Wal Mart Family Mobile " and has decided to stop selling straight talk phones... cards... etc...
Maybe this is what is going on..
Who Knows...
But people shouldnt post without confirmation...
Someone working at wal mart ... behind a counter... has no idea! They do not know any more than you do.
Freedom

Ewing, VA

#14 Jun 25, 2011
Ohh and the verizon unlimited data plan issue is this...

If you are a NEW customer for verizon you can not get unlimited data...

But If you have been using verizon ... like I have..

You can still get your unlimited data
Freedom

Ewing, VA

#15 Jun 25, 2011
eat more sheep wrote:
verizon has pulled their liscense here localy, they still work on at&t towers for now but their is talk from att employees that they are going to pull their liscense also. they where getting more popular than verizon and att lol.. normal tracphones r unafected.
They were getting more popular here because we live in a area where there are no jobs.. nothing and no one can get anything else..
it's to expensive...
but in the rest of the world.. most people are still with the big 3
rumors true

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jun 27, 2011
Freedom wrote:
It is funny that people know so much about straight talk. I do not have straight talk. I have verizon.
But I believe that someone is posting that Straight Talk is going out of buiz ... someone reads it on here.. and then calls like 20 people and tells them their phone is gonna go out..
Then that person calls...people..
SO its all over lee county that straight talk is going out of business...
I know someone who called them and straight talk said they were not going out of business.
You have to take Straight Talks word for it.
Remember when someone at the counter of wal mart is telling you that they are going out of buis ... they are just someone who works for a paycheck and knows nothing more than that.
That person has no inside information about something secret.
If you called Straight Talk and they said they were not going out of business... Then They Are Not Going Out Of Business.
Period...
I bet the worker at wal mart who is telling people this... read that info on this site!
Maybe Wal Mart will stop selling their cards..
Wal Mart does sell something called " Wal Mart Family Mobile " and has decided to stop selling straight talk phones... cards... etc...
Maybe this is what is going on..
Who Knows...
But people shouldnt post without confirmation...
Someone working at wal mart ... behind a counter... has no idea! They do not know any more than you do.
I think it's funny that you post about things you know nothing about lol. You don't have straight talk! So you called your 20 friends asking around an this is the info you got!? lol. Wal Mart is the only place that sells the cards and they are telling everyone this that purchases a card. Also when I was looking for an at&t unlimited card another rep told me that they wouldn't have them in stores until straight talk was done.

Your a real a** if I say so myself. If you don't need this info just keep your posts off this thread and let people get the info and do what they need to do. I worked at a co that closed and we fought off the rumors even tho they were true, so that doesn't matter to me. Or maybe its just not available in our region anymore. Thats the facts, deal with it Freedom.
Alltelsaidthesam e

United States

#18 Jun 27, 2011
When alltel was going out of service in this area, the reps would not tell us on the phone and the sold the cards till it was finally released on the website. Even after it was released on the site it was not told by all reps on their info line. I know for a fact that they will tell you one lie on the phone and another later on just to keep you buying their cards till they leave an area. Glad I have one of the big guys right now, I know they're here to stay and my phone will keep working for a few more years.
Alltelsaidthesam e

United States

#19 Jun 27, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/StraightTalkWireless for updates seems they are losing towers in other counties as well.
cowboy

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jul 3, 2011
straight talk is not going out of buisness. walmart has sold alot of phones and most people that have prepaid have straight they have great plans. walmart stores has pulled the gsm phones from their shelves that use at&t network because they have had too many returns due to no service or poor service in the area. at&t has fairly good service in lee county and wise because they took over alltel towers traveling outside these area you wont be able to use your phone or have a weak signal at&t and t-mobile were not rural providers alltel and was verizon was the only rural providers.
don kee O tay

United States

#21 Jul 4, 2011
walmart sold tons of alltel phones even up to the day they left here. bought myself one of those high priced ones just three months before they left and they never once warned me they were going out here. I guess sometimes companies tell you what you want to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawnmower service (Jul '16) 18 hr Weeds 6
Town of pennington Sat Larry 3
Phs reunion in july Sat They 5
the music thread (Mar '12) Mar 22 Musikologist 35
election 2016 Mar 22 Truth 122
If you don't believe in GOD, why do you celebra... (Dec '11) Mar 4 Sad times for ame... 107
Pizza king (Nov '15) Mar 4 DonaldDrumpf 19

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pennington Gap Mortgages