Shadyside, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

explain to me what a professional developmental day for teachers is and do they get paid for that day
geez

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

teachers have to do I think 30 hours of professional development every year and also do like 15 workdays, that is part of their job and they do not get paid any extra for either
parent

Rock Cave, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

geez wrote:
teachers have to do I think 30 hours of professional development every year and also do like 15 workdays, that is part of their job and they do not get paid any extra for either
Thank You geez the reason I was asking this question in becasue the principal at dryden taskstreamed her employee to let them know the will be having at professional deveopment day August the 6 at Leeman filed at the pool and for all to bring theoir family for a day of fun and playing in the pool so how does the princiapal classafie this as a professional development day!!!!
actually

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

parent wrote:
explain to me what a professional developmental day for teachers is and do they get paid for that day
Actually, A PD day is a day in which each Principal defines differently at each school.....for a teacher to count as a PDday. A Professional Developmental day is a day that IS not a "normal working day ". To be considered to be a PD day it would either have to be after-school hours...or during the summer or a day during the school year in which teachers are not already working. Mostly, PD days are days of different conferences, trainings,and/or any educational teachings. It is TRUE that each Principal can make up their own PD days for their teachers....THEY are the ones to ACCEPT it as a PD day...NO ONE else..not even Central OFfice.
actually

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

geez wrote:
You are correct about the 30 hours of PD....however, 10 month employees only need to get 10 workdays , whereas 11 month employees (like guidance) must get 20 workdays per year. Then they both already have 3 days at the beginning of the year and 2 at the end of year....that .they consider workdays.
actually

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

crackers wrote:
Oh and several of those positions will not be replaced. Doris Presley, for example, although listed as director actually worked under Rob Widner and did the testing for special ed. These duties will be undertaken now by the individual schools. You have to remember when a lot of these positions were created and their "title holders" put in place, was several boards ago. This board (several years age) also gave themselves a raise which the next board reduced to the original level. Thia is also the board, if you remember was sued and lost for several of their decisions. This is the reason boards (not just this school board) are usually cautious as to what they do. Yes, there is waste in a lot of places but there are also laws on what you can and can not do once something has been started. This school board has already been "raked over the coals" for releasing too much information on personnel when they come out of executive session before the personnel have been notified. The chairman almost had a lawsuit brought against her for naming the firing of an individual at one of the first meetings which resulted in a lawyer rushing to the podium to correct her.
Doris does NOT do ANY testing!!! THe Education Diagnostician and psychologist do ALL the testing. ANd, she actually does hold a title.
Sol

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

actually wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about the 30 hours of PD....however, 10 month employees only need to get 10 workdays , whereas 11 month employees (like guidance) must get 20 workdays per year. Then they both already have 3 days at the beginning of the year and 2 at the end of year....that .they consider workdays.
Actually a teacher is required to teach 180 days and work an additional 20, which includes 30 hours of professional development.
bount the doggy hunter

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

The Worst Board Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Many honest people would serve without pay.
But when you have Drug Addicts, Child Molesters, Gamblers, Crooks, Liars, Thief's running our schools, it's all about them. They have been caught in the past, and it was swept under the rug.
And they act like they are pillars of the community. Ask questions before VOTING
which one is a child molester?
captian jack

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

uh which one is the liar? which one is the crook? I thought the thief lost his bid for a seat?
Jolly Rancher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Maybe someone could make hats for them to wear at the next meeting so it would be clear which one is what. It's hard to keep up with this stuff without a program.
just me

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

they are all crooks and liers.. they politicians lol..
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Who's place did Leah Herring take at the school board office why cant one of the people that are getting laid off take that job.
DR PEPPER

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Wow wrote:
Who's place did Leah Herring take at the school board office why cant one of the people that are getting laid off take that job.
I didn't know she had a degree,other than being a CNA. Even then she thought she was a doctor.
Mikiey

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

DR PEPPER wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know she had a degree,other than being a CNA. Even then she thought she was a doctor.
Hey man she can shake that body go zumba gozumba gozumba

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Pennington Gap Forum right now

Search the Pennington Gap Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pennington Gap Music Thread (Jun '13) 15 min Musikologist 7
Top 12 basketball players of Lee High (Aug '10) 6 hr Buddy sexton 24
topix (Feb '12) 18 hr theDeletedguy 6
Suboxone (Oct '09) Jul 26 natdog32 49
Terry Kilgore attempts to mislead public once a... Jul 26 Truth 3
Hospital closer to be a reality in Lee County Jul 26 Truth 6
Kilgore under investigation Jul 26 Truth 9
•••
•••