mac

Christiansburg, VA

#21 Mar 7, 2012
Prayers for all involved. Any updates?
Melisa Hensley

Kings Mountain, NC

#22 Mar 8, 2012
Thankx "mine" your exactly right... Michael is so upset right now over all this....
Peggy Woliver
#23 Mar 8, 2012
i hope everyone is okay we will keep everyone in our prayers
hmm

Brevard, NC

#24 Mar 8, 2012
Which Michael peters was it, the young one or the old one that is married with kids????

Since: Feb 12

United States

#25 Mar 8, 2012
,My prayers are going out for all the people involved in the wrec k ,the, people in the Jeep and Mike peters also. Yes , some officers might speed a lil. But tell me a person that hasn't some time or another. I appreciate the officers and what they try to do for the comunity. But , anyway I do hope and pray everyone is alright. People should really think sometime before they talk about other people. If it were a family member of yours in a wreck , I'm sure you wouldn't like someone talking bad about them.
from the beginning

United States

#26 Mar 8, 2012
hmm wrote:
Which Michael peters was it, the young one or the old one that is married with kids????
Young
reader

United States

#27 Mar 8, 2012
hmm wrote:
Young. Older one is Jason peters, last I heard he's in big stone now.
respect laws

Missoula, MT

#28 Mar 8, 2012
I think alot of officers speed just because they can and I don't think it's right. They should have to obey the laws like the citizen's do. If they are in pursuit then they need their lights and sirens going to alert people. I have an investigator that passes me flying every morning just about. Must love his job so much that he flies to work. No sense in driving 75-80 mph to go to work. This isn't the first officer that has had wrecks in Lee Co. I think the Sheriff needs to slow them down a little before someone is killed. Hope everyone is okay
Whistle Blower

United States

#29 Mar 8, 2012
Talked to a state police investigator today and he said officer Peters was going in excess of 70 mph. I guess this will get swept under the rug like the incident at Exxon.
blower of whistles

Little Rock, AR

#30 Mar 8, 2012
toot your whistle all you want but EVERYONE has sped. Mike is a fine deputy.
speeding

Missoula, MT

#31 Mar 8, 2012
I don't think the speed limit is 70 through there. Did they write him a ticket for speeding?
praying

Roanoke, VA

#32 Mar 8, 2012
If laws were broken, let the authorities handle it. Praying for everyone involved.
Speeding

Murfreesboro, TN

#33 Mar 8, 2012
He should be held accountable for his poor judgement just like everyone else. He could have killed someone or hurt a child. What if a baby had been involved....do you even stop to wonder just how bad this could have been. Going 70 when I believe the limit in that area is 45 is just stupidity and all ego. Family defending him on this site makes the whole bunch look stupid. If you feel so bad then why are you trolling topix.
Was Really Awful

Jonesville, VA

#34 Mar 8, 2012
The wreck was really awful there was others involved in it. One got med-flight out an the others went to hospital. How do you know there wasn't a child involved? Was you at the scene of the accident?
Lots of people don't have ideal what caused the accident.

If got issues with the law then contact someone, then report it instead of talking about it all the times. How many of you went an reported it?

Now let's all pray for everyone involved in the accident an no one dies.
Speeding

Murfreesboro, TN

#35 Mar 8, 2012
Who needed to report it to the police? A police officer was involved. I don't have issues with the law but I do have my point of view. Police officers, ambulance drivers, moped drivers....whatever...we are all responsible for our actions when operating a vehicle. Speed limits are meant to be followed and no one should be exempt from the law. If the parties involved were your everday person then you bet your butt that charges would be pending and someone would have to take responsiblity for their bad judgement.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Mar 8, 2012
Who was the woman in the jeep where was she from .
How bad is she and the other people in the jeep.
Was Mike hurt i dont care who did what just that everyone involved is OK. What ever happened will come out and will be handled in the right manner. My prayers go out to all that was involved and their family's.
every1s an expert lol

Monee, IL

#37 Mar 8, 2012
For those of you that are so concerned about the officers speeding: Be sure to specify that you do not want the officers to hurry next time you have an emergency!!!!! We wouldn't want them to break that speed limit to save your life!! Lol lol lol!! These men risk their lives everyday, and you have no idea what they deal with!! Show some respect!! And please please educate yourself before you make a post...it just makes you look stupid! Lol...
Was Really Awful

Jonesville, VA

#38 Mar 8, 2012
You may put me down as clueless or others but let me say this,I know the people family that was in the accident and it was awful. The families needs prayer.

I'm not saying any names of the people as it doesn't need too be mention on here. As the family do read this.

I've seen plenty of people speeding an it not just the police. Some are driving in the middle of the highways,some drives with no lights on or etc..
Reality

Nashville, TN

#39 Mar 8, 2012
blower of whistles wrote:
toot your whistle all you want but EVERYONE has sped. Mike is a fine deputy.
Police officers are supposed to be role models. They should be held more accountable for their actions just as any other “authority” figure should be. Who knows the exact details of the accident but it is ridiculous to try to justify reckless behavior by pointing out other,“plain citizens’” behavior. This officer was involved, not someone else so stop acting childish and pointing out everyone else’s wrongs. If he was speeding and did not have a legitimate reason to be doing so then he was wrong and should be punished and live with the guilt, even more than an ordinary citizen.
blah

Murfreesboro, TN

#40 Mar 8, 2012
Sure everyone speeds and most get tickets for it. My thing if cops are on a call they have these lights on there car they can use. I have seen personally cops pass me speeding just to get pizza plus or some other restaurants. All I'm saying is they have those lights for a reason, otherwise obey the the speed limit like everyone else.

by the way I almost got ran off the road by one of these cops. just so they could stop at a gas station.
You people can take up for these a$$holes in uniforms all you want. they have never done anything for except make me late for work because someone threatened the sheriffs brother and i just happened to drive the same type of car. But when some a$$hole threatened to burn my moms house down they said there was nothing they could do about it, so in my opinion the law enforcement in this place is a joke.

I do hope that everyone involved in the accident will be ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old hospital won't go (May '16) 52 min Lock up the autho... 47
election 2016 (Oct '16) Wed Former DEM 186
Haunted places in Lee Co. (Apr '10) Jul 17 Kkkkkkkk 30
Lee County Fair (Aug '15) Jul 17 Just Mom 28
The Trumps Jul 14 ten 3
Need cleaners Jun 29 more money 3
Retiring to Lee Jun 25 Echacho 8

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance