First Prev
of 3
Next Last
new party

Raven, VA

#1 May 19, 2011
Election coming up. List what Larry Mosley has done for you.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 May 19, 2011
Nothing Claude Ray got me some gravels on my road. where is he at did he ever get better they have not let the people know anything about him. He is our supervisor and they need to let the people know something .Is he going to be able to come back to work or what let us know something you bunch in Jonesville. You try to keep the people who voted you in the dark all the time and its not up to you to do that .We pay taxes and we need to be kept informed on what is going on. Do we have a fill in temp. Come on people we dont know who to call if you call Dane Poe you get and awnsure machine i want to talk to a person. Its been long enough and November is still a half year away.
DJ Barker

Natural Bridge, VA

#4 May 19, 2011
new party wrote:
Election coming up. List what Larry Mosley has done for you.
More than you ever did.
D J Barker your a joke, appointing yourself to multiple boards for the money and attention.
Picking your nose during televised meetings, what a embarrassment to the community.
You had your shot and failed , just stop and spare us all your BULL
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 May 19, 2011
What has he done if its more than D.J. done .which i dont see what he did but let us know what he has done for people.
what

Jonesville, VA

#6 May 19, 2011
DJ Barker wrote:
<quoted text>
More than you ever did.
D J Barker your a joke, appointing yourself to multiple boards for the money and attention.
Picking your nose during televised meetings, what a embarrassment to the community.
You had your shot and failed , just stop and spare us all your BULL
When have there EVER been televised meetings?
what

Jonesville, VA

#7 May 19, 2011
Also,pick his nose or scratch his ass, I'd rather have DJ as a super over Larry any day of the week.
Local Station

Natural Bridge, VA

#8 May 19, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>When have there EVER been televised meetings?
David Hartley televises meetings on the local cable channel. "EVER" watched it, guess not since you
obviously have never been to a supervisors meeting.
GOP for Mosley

Natural Bridge, VA

#9 May 19, 2011
what wrote:
Also,pick his nose or scratch his ass, I'd rather have DJ as a super over Larry any day of the week.
I am a registered Republican, but I supported Mosley and will again if he runs. This board is not perfect
their human. But they have tackled problems that DJ and previous boards avoided due to to politics.
This board inherited terrible deficits, with state funding cut drastically. VDOT has cut local money, State
funding for schools were cut. So this board made the school board tighten their belts , froze pay raises.
They terminated Long & Greer which should have been done years ago. They have collected more back
taxes than any previous boards, knowing they would be trashed.They have stood up to the IDA, School Board,
Teachers and others. All these decision will cut our property taxes. Their new choice for IDA director was told
to get us jobs or your gone. Previous board have let the Tim Long ride the gravy train. It is not the job
of supervisor to cater to people, furnish gravel for private drives, something DJ is famous for doing especially
at election time. If you are a property owner, tax payer Mosley is the smart choice. If you need a little
ILLEGAL gravel then you probably need DJ BARKER for that.

gravel

Nashville, TN

#10 May 19, 2011
i want some illegal gravel... that's better than when they caught the mayor of appalachia handing pork skins and cigs for votes...
huh

Jonesville, VA

#11 May 19, 2011
jans rode the gravy train for years
Gravy Train

Natural Bridge, VA

#12 May 19, 2011
huh wrote:
jans rode the gravy train for years
Jan is not running, and her father did a lot of good in Lee County. If not for him route 58 would still be
two lanes. And Jan could have rode the gravy train, but she didn't . She is very accomplished in her own
profession. And Larry has worked hard his whole life, and he is the same ole MO every time you see him.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 May 19, 2011
Did he not hire Allen McKnight to haul his gravels when they could have been hauled free by the transfer or land field people what ever you want to call it trash is trash no matter what you call it. Is that the same thing just not letting people know where they are going. I think if they are good going in they will be bad before they get out. Edgar Bacon got 58 with a lot of help dont think he totally did it by himself.I love Jan she is a wonderful person but i dont agree with the fact she got where she is all on her own. So let me get this strieght he fired GREER who was retiring after 15 or so years at the trash station in July.He has raised taxes and teachers dosent get a raise uh wow froze school board pay raises which members of the school board Fred Marion or everbody. Im just wondering i want to know i dont agree with what they did after the got rid of Greer they sent a guy to try to get his certifaction so he could take charge over a guy who was certified and trained for 2 or so years for that job. I know this guy and a lot of people are watching to see if Good old buddy of the supervisors gets the job. And if he does ther will and i truly mean there will be trouble. He is a good guy but has a lot of people who is going to go to bat for him. Plus his brother is a lawyer who knows the ropes of what can and cant be done. SO lets see what happens with this so called great guy.
Agree

Natural Bridge, VA

#14 May 19, 2011
Wow wrote:
Did he not hire Allen McKnight to haul his gravels when they could have been hauled free by the transfer or land field people what ever you want to call it trash is trash no matter what you call it. Is that the same thing just not letting people know where they are going. I think if they are good going in they will be bad before they get out. Edgar Bacon got 58 with a lot of help dont think he totally did it by himself.I love Jan she is a wonderful person but i dont agree with the fact she got where she is all on her own. So let me get this strieght he fired GREER who was retiring after 15 or so years at the trash station in July.He has raised taxes and teachers dosent get a raise uh wow froze school board pay raises which members of the school board Fred Marion or everbody. Im just wondering i want to know i dont agree with what they did after the got rid of Greer they sent a guy to try to get his certifaction so he could take charge over a guy who was certified and trained for 2 or so years for that job. I know this guy and a lot of people are watching to see if Good old buddy of the supervisors gets the job. And if he does ther will and i truly mean there will be trouble. He is a good guy but has a lot of people who is going to go to bat for him. Plus his brother is a lawyer who knows the ropes of what can and cant be done. SO lets see what happens with this so called great guy.
I agree the person at the landfill should of had a chance, But that was a Dane Poe decision. I never said Jan didn't have help, I meant she didn't financially have to. And Edgar Bacon was appointed as highway commissioner, that is the ONLY reason Lee County got the funding. As for Greer he is lucky their is not a prosecution, they did him a favor with just termination. When the state, cuts funding revenue has to be generated. Tim Long obviously never generated any except for him and his wife. So because of the prior boards passing the buck, lack of state funds, VDOT cuts, the bad economy, something has to change. Higher taxes & less spending is the only way. I hate it for teachers, but all state and federal jobs are
being effected.
Give me a break

Natural Bridge, VA

#15 May 19, 2011
I cant believe all we have is two sorry a$$ individual's to run for one chair? Neither one has done anything except get one shell building in Rose Hill that empty. That a waste of tax payer money should we have got business in here then built a building? I would like to hear a debate but there both full of hot air. The truth is there 27,000 people in this county and this is the best for the 3 dist? I think Theodor Carson should run at least he tell you the truth even if he drunk. GOP party what a joke let see how much money your politician's can still out of the bus fund to pay for signs? Oh yes it has happen there money taken out of general fund and it has been for years to pay for the GOP politics. Do you think that those billboards are cheap you see every year? And the Demarcates cant even find a candidate to run for anything.
How soon they forget

Thaxton, VA

#16 May 20, 2011
You people are hilarious! You have already forgotten what this current board did when they first got into office. They were counting on people forgetting before election time rolled around and you goofy folks have. Be stupid and put them in again. Then they can do whatever they want again and people that voted for them will be fussing again, and then by next election you'll have forgotten again. Man I get so sick of this place and of the dumb voters that live here. If I could afford to move away I would in a second. But living here has kept me down so bad financially I can't afford to up and move. But go ahead and re-elect them all. See where it gets you. Bunch of ignorant people that ain't got sense enough to see what's right in front of their face. How I wish I could leave here and never look back!
Dem or Rep

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 May 20, 2011
Give me a break wrote:
I cant believe all we have is two sorry a$$ individual's to run for one chair? Neither one has done anything except get one shell building in Rose Hill that empty. That a waste of tax payer money should we have got business in here then built a building? I would like to hear a debate but there both full of hot air. The truth is there 27,000 people in this county and this is the best for the 3 dist? I think Theodor Carson should run at least he tell you the truth even if he drunk. GOP party what a joke let see how much money your politician's can still out of the bus fund to pay for signs? Oh yes it has happen there money taken out of general fund and it has been for years to pay for the GOP politics. Do you think that those billboards are cheap you see every year? And the Demarcates cant even find a candidate to run for anything.
You can get online and find contributors who pay for the signs, and the shell building started under the previous boards watch, and the IDA with Tim Long at the helm are responsible. Mosley has expressed that it was a great waste of tax payers money. And part of the reason Tim Long was fired. As for the general fund, the county is audited annually making it impossible to for any political party to access funds. The facts are
the county is broke, the state is broke, the country is broke. And just like you or me if you spend more than you make, your going to default. Living in a area with no jobs, there is no source for new revenue. So other than raising taxes, cutting spending is the only alternative. The biggest expenses are the school system, social services, trash removal, regional jail, so those are areas that have to be cut. Everyone on here says we need change, but offer no solutions. I ask all of you if you were a supervisor, what would you do to balance the budget? How would you create jobs? Where would you find new revenue sources?
people need to no

United States

#18 May 20, 2011
everybody go the Dana's office asked to see our county budget, whats taken in and paid out. WE ARE A LONG WAYS FROM BEING BROKE. And if we were broke wouldn't we be making snelson trash pay the thousands they owe lee co. Our budget is public record I would recommend everyone to go to Jonesville and ask for a copy. The information will surprise you.
B Mad At U Know Who

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 May 20, 2011
people need to no wrote:
everybody go the Dana's office asked to see our county budget, whats taken in and paid out. WE ARE A LONG WAYS FROM BEING BROKE. And if we were broke wouldn't we be making snelson trash pay the thousands they owe lee co. Our budget is public record I would recommend everyone to go to Jonesville and ask for a copy. The information will surprise you.
Do you not watch the news, the whole country is broke, The State is Broke. And Lee County is one of the poorest counties in the state. Why don't you enlighten us on the revenue, how much Snelson owes us. Tell us how to create jobs, tell us how to lower taxes. And if you will look in the weekender the treasure report is published, might save you a trip to Dane's office.
New revenue was $5,226,573.39. Expenses were $5,578,421.30 That is a shortfall of about 350 thousand
dollars. Now I know your going to state the general fund still has money, but the state mandates we keep
a reserve. State mandates also require us to have some of the jobs such as litter control and the old job of BG (riding around in a pickup). I personally believe one person could do both jobs at the same time. Saving the county taxpayers money. Remember not to believe everything you here, from a habitual back stabber. Every post you have made has been associated with trash & the transfer station. Your blaming the wrong people.
He has promised anyone & everyone the sky, but with a lie.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 May 21, 2011
Who is he.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 May 21, 2011
Why wasn't B Greer fired or prosecuted when the board first went in. I do not understand if someone is not doing their job then fire them give them a written warning was that ever done to him. If not then this board is looking for votes they did not do it because of the right reasons. Also i think they waited to see if he ran for Mayor of Jonesville again to see if he got elected. SO if he was so bad why did they not do it they have been in there they waited a long time.There is a lot of wasted money in Lee County we have a building in woodway that had three or four people working in it. That is a big building would make a great sowing factory of something we the people could work at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Pennington, good place for Gays and min... (Jul '13) 10 hr Jim 6
Christmas 11 hr A neighbor 1
In Need of a house cleaner Thu Michael 2
Help and advice on a legal issue. Nov 14 Michael 1
Northam Nov 12 Players 3
stuck up snobs Oct 31 Jimmy Crack Corn 8
Community Oct 31 Neighbors Will 2

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pennington Gap Mortgages