country

Bellevue, WA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
y is it that people who work for a livin cant get help, like if their layed off but those who sit on their ass an wont work get to take it easy draw foodstamp medicaid etc. So sick of workin to pay for those people but someone who really needs it an tries cant get it cant
country

Bellevue, WA

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Time to make the lazy bums c what its like to work for a livin , an help those who are trying to help their selves
bss

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2013
At work last night I encountered a woman with over $500 on her food stamp card. How does that happen? That's more than I make in two months. Guess going to school and working is the wrong way to go about it. Should get on the draw and be set for life!
Question

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Saw in the paper were a single mom with five kids said she could not affor to work becasue she would lose her $89,000 of handouts. Don't know the details nor do I believe she gets that much in "handouts". That soes tell you about the big government handouts to these single moms with lots of kids.
aggravated

Pennington Gap, VA

#5 Mar 26, 2013
I am a mother of three and receive little assistance from the government, for example my sorry ex husband doesn't pay his child support most of the time and i am only able to draw eighty a month tanf because i work. Food stamps are the same, if i were to quit my job and sit on my ass then I would receive more help. It seems to me that unless you are disabled then a job should be a requirement to get government help.
Dodge Man

Johnson City, TN

#6 Mar 26, 2013
Just remember Obama wants to take care of you from birth to the grave.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 Mar 26, 2013
Having babies and collecting welfare has been a cottage industry in lee county fo 50 yrs. It aint gonna stop either
King Farouk

Rocky Mount, VA

#9 Mar 27, 2013
country wrote:
y is it that people who work for a livin cant get help, like if their layed off but those who sit on their ass an wont work get to take it easy draw foodstamp medicaid etc. So sick of workin to pay for those people but someone who really needs it an tries cant get it cant
You need to get on the obama bandwagon!
wow

Gaffney, SC

#10 Mar 28, 2013
You make lee county sound like a rough place
Wesley S

Pennington Gap, VA

#11 Mar 29, 2013
One critical bit of information you have seem to left out: The FICA tax is insurance, not entitlement. If there was no FICA tax, people would be purchasing disability insurance privately from business that don't like to lie up to their end of things.

This is why some important industries MUST be nationalized, as some as now.
Wesley S

Pennington Gap, VA

#12 Mar 29, 2013
lie = live*
wild cat

Pennington Gap, VA

#13 Apr 1, 2013
listen not everyone has it easy...i lost my husband of 12 yrs...im a single mother who gets very very little help from the gov...plus i have got apps everywhere...its hard to find a job this day an time...id rather work for what i get but sometimes thats hard to do...but i am very thankfull for what i do get and have...so befor u cast ur judgement on anyone learn their story first...yea i knw there is some lazy a$$ people out there but not everyone is a freeloader just because they need the govs help ...sometimes thats all they have to fall back on when times get hard.
country

Bellevue, WA

#14 Apr 1, 2013
First of all thats what the hell i was sayin (people who do and will work get little to no help from the goverment butt the people who wont work and sit on their ass , the gov. Pays their bills, hud pays their rent and etc. But those of us that get layed off and cant find work ,(those of us that no a little hard work wont kill ya , cant get help like the other lazy ass people , hell id b thankful to if i could get foodstamps ,hud, medicaid an etc. U dam right an nuthin wrong with it ''as long as the person is willing to help theirself"
Schlicker

Pennington Gap, VA

#15 Apr 2, 2013
Dodge Man wrote:
Just remember Obama wants to take care of you from birth to the grave.
This wasn't invented by Obama! It's been around forever.
oh yeah

Salem, VA

#16 Apr 2, 2013
people in lee county can get welfare simple. If your a wh*re and have 3-4 kids you can get all you need. A working person who needs help cant get it cause they actually held a job. If your a wh*re, a druggie or a drunk the system is for you therefor, they never have to become anything else....but freeloaders
pat p

Dunlap, TN

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Welfare is everywhere and for the idiots that don't realize that then your just as stupid as your post so quit posting jack asses
do it now

Topton, NC

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Don't leave the 'nut checks' out. Having a job should be a requirement of Welfare. Each person would need a tax paying citizen to sponsor them to be on Welfare. Things would change quickly.
do it now

Topton, NC

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Turn the freeloaders in.
Wesley S

Pennington Gap, VA

#20 Apr 25, 2013
For shame. ALL of you. For shame.

If we all understood that eveyrone has their own battles to fight, insecurities to face, loves to contend and goals to attain, the world would be a gentler place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lee high sports 43 min turd ferguson 182
christy (Jan '12) 9 hr Looking 35
Virginia police arrest 31 on drug charges 13 hr whatever 1
Curious Mon dallas 4
7 Month Old Puppy Free To Good Home Mon might take 2
Warning! Dec 15 gravy taters 3
tanf (Nov '11) Dec 14 turkea 50
Pennington Gap Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web