Drug Roundup Today
oldie

United States

#67 Feb 27, 2013
diabetic wrote:
<quoted text>That person with a chronic illness didn't put drugs in their body to get that way. Diabetics shouldn't be compared to drug addicts we didn't ask for this unlike that person looking for a good high.
not all addicts were looking for a good high
Wow

Gatlinburg, TN

#68 Feb 27, 2013
I feel sorry for someone who wants to cry because they chose to take a pill or meth you say its hard how hard was it to start. No one should say anything who is on drugs you are the only one at blame. You chose to take a pill you chose to take meth or to shoot up what ever so why dont you choose to stop. You really do not want to that is the truth . Take a little less methadone each time you take it u will get off of it. But if you do not have the mind set to stop you will not ever and i do mean ever get off of it.I pray there is no kids involved in this mess the kids are the ones paying for it. Drugs in this county are really bad i saw three boys on the list that i knew who they were two were always in trouble but there parents never tried to make a difference in them because they were just like them and that is why they are the way they are. YOU cannot do things in front of your kids and act like its ok they repeat. I hope they get 50 more my hats off the the sheriff dept if something is done to them and they dont get a pat one the back and are on the street again. I NOTICED there is no one hanging out at iga guess they did get them. Now work at Subway in that parking lot at night and at food city u might get the rest all i have to say i hope they all go to jail for a while.

Bedford, VA

#69 Feb 27, 2013
I heard good ol'rhonda morgan and casey smith didnt get popped because the are the smelly rats...well in rhonda's case,AGAIN!!!!LOL
oldie

United States

#70 Feb 27, 2013
deer huntress wrote:
if someone dont understand that, well then i hope they can really get enough knowledge and examine themselves and realize we all have things we need to change about ourselves. we all have vices and strongholds in our lives. all of us.
He, who is without sin, cast the first stone.(I'm not qualified to even pick up a stone.)
sad situation

Charlotte, NC

#71 Feb 27, 2013
To sit there and say oh poor pitiful me, I'm an addict and nobody understands unless you've been there. Well I'm pretty sure you all PROUD addicts that think you won't be caught or want to go and brag about it knew what you were getting yourself into when you first tried it. You knew or I should say, duh should've known, if you try it and continue, you will get addicted! And people are born with this, lol really what a pitiful excuse! If the majority of Lee Co and surrounding areas would get off their lazy butts and go get a job and quit holding their hands out expecting everything to be handed to them, which sadly usually is, then maybe you would have something to do with your time besides looking for the next high, free ride. This people with deadly diseases or pain that have to be put on medicine in order to try and survive, that is a totally different situation. How you guys lay down at night without your conscious driving you crazy is beyond me, scary world! And those of you that have kids and take from them and your family to get your habits, that's as low as you can go. Kids grow up way to fast and that is a time in life you can't get back and should cherish and not push on everyone else to raise. No matter what is said though, you all are usually just in denial and want to always put the blame on someone or something else and not take responsibility. All I can do is PRAY for you and this county and this sad world we live in.
Really

Jonesville, VA

#72 Feb 27, 2013
I can't believe that after all these years they finally got Jeff Dierth for distrubustion charges. It is amazing that he has not been caught before. 50 more Lee countians with prison sentences and the county economy in the state it is in is not a good thing.
hahaha

Bedford, VA

#73 Feb 27, 2013
guest wrote:
I heard good ol'rhonda morgan and casey smith didnt get popped because the are the smelly rats...well in rhonda's case,AGAIN!!!!LOL
This is a great comment/Those 2 need 2 be arrested 4 selling,but aint been/so this has to be the truth/LMAO
boo yah

Big Stone Gap, VA

#74 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN
boo yah

Big Stone Gap, VA

#75 Feb 28, 2013
Really wrote:
I can't believe that after all these years they finally got Jeff Dierth for distrubustion charges. It is amazing that he has not been caught before. 50 more Lee countians with prison sentences and the county economy in the state it is in is not a good thing.
Oh He has been caught. You read whatever you want to in that statement. You just might be right.
my thought

Columbia, TN

#76 Feb 28, 2013
I just wanted to comment that I do feel that it takes a very strong person to try to change their lives once they become addicted to substances. It must be a hard thing to do. It is a disease, I will certainly agree with that. However, I also feel that this disease is like none other in that it usually hurts not only the addicted person but all of those that care for the person as well. It damanges relationships and trust. Some to the extent that they can never be fixed. As far as the addictive personality....many people have addictive personalities but do not become addicted to drugs. I think that it is a matter of choice...in the beginning....to not do drugs and then you don't have to worry about it. Drugs ruined my marriage...my husband totally became a different person...family was no longer his priority. His children will have to live with the hurt that it caused for the rest of their lives. So, no....this disease is not like any other. Far worse I think. It does take a strong person to recover but again, I feel it is about choice in the very beginning stages. There is a point where you can make a choice to stop. Just my thoughts.
more

Bristol, TN

#77 Feb 28, 2013
Authorities released the names Wednesday of six Lee County residents who were taken into custody this week on federal charges as part of a large-scale drug roundup.

Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons said the six individuals were arrested on drug charges detailed in a 15-count indictment handed down Monday by a federal grand jury in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia in Abingdon.

Among those arrested by local and federal authorities Tuesday were: Stephen Alexander Fritz, 41, 166 Trenton Mullins Drive, Duffield; Jimmy William McCann, 60, 228 Head Hollow Road, Duffield; Ricky Eugene Head, 53, 584 Kane Gap Road, Lot 12, Duffield; Sylvia Jordan Milam, 24, 743 Kimberlin Road, Duffield; and William Elmer Fleenor, 56, and Brody Zane Fleenor, 23, both of 41883 Wilderness Gap Road, Pennington Gap.

All six face charges of distribution of Schedule II and III narcotics and conspiracy to distribute Schedule II and III narcotics.

McCann was also charged with distribution of a firearm by a convicted felon and use of a firearm during a drug-trafficking offense.

The indictment alleges that between February 2008 and February 2013, Fritz, McCann, Head, Milam and both Fleenors, in addition to others, conspired to distribute a variety of prescription narcotics — including oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone and buprenorphine — in Southwest Virginia.

Parsons said the indictments were based on numerous controlled drug buys involving the suspects that took place between January 2012 and February 2013. Those purchases were part of a joint investigation carried out by Lee County authorities and federal agencies including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia.

Members of those agencies, as well as the U.S. Marshals Service and Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force arrested all six suspects Tuesday as part of a larger roundup of 44 individuals wanted mostly on state drug charges.

Parsons said authorities also executed a search warrant Tuesday at McCann’s Stickleyville home.

Parsons said several of the suspects facing federal charges were also connected to former Pennington Gap Police Chief Bryan Young, who was recently convicted of drug distribution and burglary charges.

Fritz, Head and McCann were all identified by authorities in the federal criminal complaint filed against Young at the time of his arrest in October 2012.

In that complaint, ATF Agent Steve Levesque wrote that Young identified Fritz and Head as “big drug dealers” and told authorities that McCann “used to take guns in on trade for pills.”

Young also reportedly included Fritz and Head’s names in a list of 18 suspected drug dealers living in the Stickleyville area that he provided to federal and state investigators, according to the complaint.
Wesley S

Gatlinburg, TN

#78 Feb 28, 2013
diabetic wrote:
<quoted text>That person with a chronic illness didn't put drugs in their body to get that way. Diabetics shouldn't be compared to drug addicts we didn't ask for this unlike that person looking for a good high.
Personal life choices can cause diabetes, just the same as personal life choices can cause addiction.
Wesley S

Gatlinburg, TN

#79 Feb 28, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Yep and they don't spread their disease and poison and kill others.
There has to be a cause and effect. What is the cause of this problem? We can certainly see the effect of it. I can sit here and type a laundry list of causes of our society's woes, but I will not. Instead, I will try to confine my thought to this problem of addiction.

History is our greatest teacher. The problem with history is it is usually written by the victors. Here, however, we have no winners. The problem is a multifaceted one, no doubt.

Our entire country was founded on Liberty and Freedom for all. Notice I capitalized those two words as they should be proper nouns in our society, but instead we've given up Freedom for safety. Those people deserve neither Liberty or safety. So perhaps we don't deserve to be the free people that our Founding Fathers envisioned. What does this have to do with addiction? Simple: when you create a law, you create crime.

Remember Prohibition? One thing we've gained from it was knowledge. We've criminalized less-harmful substances while we, as a society mind you, celebrate our legal substances while condemning those that use them (Families destroyed, communities ruined, look around you. You see it here. YOU GREW UP IN IT). Alcohol? Prescription medicines? Legal. Those are our largest problems, domestically, when it comes to crime.

Whenever someone in our collective family has a problem, is it not up to us, as a community to help them, to better them, to stabilize them? What I am saying is, drug addiction is a medical problem, not a criminal problem. We need to treat it as such. Alas, the only way to do so is at the Legislative level. We, as a SOCIETY, need a different way of thinking on quite a few things. We need to embrace the motto "live and let live". Instead, we elect people to office that knows whats best for us. They know how to lead OUR lives.

Those people keep that Federal subsidies coming in by making sure this county, and other poor counties/parishes like this around the country, is ripe with the fruit we know as the Addicted. If this was treated as a medical problem, the massive funding for these regional jails, new jobs, new vehicles would slow drastically and instead shift to a different outlet. So, our legislators/officers MUST keep the automated cycle continuing here locally, at least, or our county would have ZERO industry! The industry of imprisoning our sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, mothers and our fathers. The endless cycle or release, probation, incarceration. Recidivism in our Country is the highest in the world. The reason is we do not treat the problem at the source and even after we "punish" the "criminals" they are branded with a red letter for life that prohibits their right to the American Dream. After all, they're paid their dues, why must they face mandatory probation? Mandatory anything in our criminal justice system beyond the served in-full sentence is archaic. Yet, we strap the just released on probation and wit for them to mess up. Heck, we don't wait here, we outright condemn them to jail via our probation/parole officers attitudes and behavior to the nature of what probation/parole is: glorified, unattended babysitting. And no one wants to babysit a grown person.

Poor Summer here, I sat here reading her posts as she was trying to defend herself against a barrage of insults that shouldn't be raised against anyone. I used to condemn addicts. I used to shake my head and wonder "why?". Then, I went to find answers. To all those that disbelieve addiction isn't a disease: I certainly hope a loved one that you know doesn't struggle with it. I certainly hope that a loved you that you hold dear doesn't end up on the never-ending cycle of incarceration/probation. Instead, I hope our society wakes up and realizes we can help this with a multifaceted approach, but it must start at the Legislative level.

Since: Feb 13

Johnson City, TN

#80 Feb 28, 2013
To Wesley...You hit the nail on the head...Hopefully this doesn't happen to the "Perfect People" but we just have to wait and see!,,Thx Wesley
seriously

Columbia, SC

#81 Feb 28, 2013
Wesley S wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal life choices can cause diabetes, just the same as personal life choices can cause addiction.
go read your medical books...diabetes can is hereditary....primarily....my bff's daughter was diagnosed at 1.....
small town lawer

United States

#83 Feb 28, 2013
wow

United States

#84 Feb 28, 2013
Im so glad that these drug users and dealers are getting off of our streets! I hope they get all of them.
Summer

Roanoke, VA

#85 Feb 28, 2013
This is so rediculous. First n for most, I neednor want anyones pitty , I do not in anyway feel sorry for myself , theres no reason for me to. Those of you who are blinded by an uneducated and ignorance to addiction can continue to past judgement all u want. It is u I truely feel sorry for, it is u , I pitty, that you are blinded by ignorance , that u are so shallow u rather continue to judge and belittle.
Rather ppl like it or not addiction is a disease and yes it is a choice to first take a drink or do a pill (for some) but do u think we do so with the mindset that "yay, im gna grow up to be an addict". No one says I wanna grow up n be on drugs!! I was 19 when I made the mistake of taking up on an offer to do a pill , I was ignorant to addiction, i did not know , I thot I was just havin a good time with it, untill I woke up one day a began suffering the most physically fkd up body pain, I had never experienced and my so called friend , showed me how to fix that "do a pill". It just worsened from there. No matter how bad I hated it and wat I had become, I cldnt stop. Im not saying this for any other reason but to hope it makes some ppl realize that we dont go out with the intention or even thot that we wld end up like that.
Anthr thing, I have come across addicts who got that way thru their dr., a lot occured whn oxycontin was introduced. Drs was gtn bak big kik backs for prescribing them , so they was given em to ppl with minor pains n gtn them hooked on them then whn it strtd comin out wat drs was doin theyd stop prescribin them and these ppl had no whr to go but the streets.
Summer

Roanoke, VA

#86 Feb 28, 2013
Wow wrote:
I feel sorry for someone who wants to cry because they chose to take a pill or meth you say its hard how hard was it to start. No one should say anything who is on drugs you are the only one at blame. You chose to take a pill you chose to take meth or to shoot up what ever so why dont you choose to stop. You really do not want to that is the truth . Take a little less methadone each time you take it u will get off of it. But if you do not have the mind set to stop you will not ever and i do mean ever get off of it.I pray there is no kids involved in this mess the kids are the ones paying for it. Drugs in this county are really bad i saw three boys on the list that i knew who they were two were always in trouble but there parents never tried to make a difference in them because they were just like them and that is why they are the way they are. YOU cannot do things in front of your kids and act like its ok they repeat. I hope they get 50 more my hats off the the sheriff dept if something is done to them and they dont get a pat one the back and are on the street again. I NOTICED there is no one hanging out at iga guess they did get them. Now work at Subway in that parking lot at night and at food city u might get the rest all i have to say i hope they all go to jail for a while.
No ones cryin cuz of that, if anything, I cry for the opinionated ignorance that ppl spew , so uneducated but thinks they knw so much. It sadens me not that I was an addict (tho I regret n hate it hpn to me) but that ppl rather bash n pass judgement than to educate themselves on something that wrecks havoc on so many and addiction is not biased , it doesnt just hit wat u ass' s call lowlifes , it hits teachers, judges, officials, the old lady next door, or even the preacher n church!!
I cld careless who likes me or wat shyt u throw at me but I do care about the ignorance that continues to spread concerning addiction.
Wesley S

Gatlinburg, TN

#87 Feb 28, 2013
Summer wrote:
This is so rediculous. First n for most, I neednor want anyones pitty , I do not in anyway feel sorry for myself , theres no reason for me to. Those of you who are blinded by an uneducated and ignorance to addiction can continue to past judgement all u want. It is u I truely feel sorry for, it is u , I pitty, that you are blinded by ignorance , that u are so shallow u rather continue to judge and belittle.
Rather ppl like it or not addiction is a disease and yes it is a choice to first take a drink or do a pill (for some) but do u think we do so with the mindset that "yay, im gna grow up to be an addict". No one says I wanna grow up n be on drugs!! I was 19 when I made the mistake of taking up on an offer to do a pill , I was ignorant to addiction, i did not know , I thot I was just havin a good time with it, untill I woke up one day a began suffering the most physically fkd up body pain, I had never experienced and my so called friend , showed me how to fix that "do a pill". It just worsened from there. No matter how bad I hated it and wat I had become, I cldnt stop. Im not saying this for any other reason but to hope it makes some ppl realize that we dont go out with the intention or even thot that we wld end up like that.
Anthr thing, I have come across addicts who got that way thru their dr., a lot occured whn oxycontin was introduced. Drs was gtn bak big kik backs for prescribing them , so they was given em to ppl with minor pains n gtn them hooked on them then whn it strtd comin out wat drs was doin theyd stop prescribin them and these ppl had no whr to go but the streets.
Fair enough, you will get no pity from me then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i saw something at around 2 a.m in dryden i can... 2 hr dantbblun 3
arnette family information (Aug '11) 13 hr Snuzie586 13
Pennington Gap Music Thread (Jun '13) 14 hr Musikologist 14
Rent Sep 22 LOLs 2
Cave (Jan '12) Sep 20 Anonymous 20
Marriage Sep 16 Anonymous 2
new jobs n lee Sep 13 Allen 7

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance