Out of towner

Moneta, VA

#1 Dec 3, 2012
I am an officer from a jurisdiction out of the area, been an officer for about 20 years. I have been keeping up with the PGPD situation and received information the town was hiring all new officers. I was thinking about applying but I don't know the area or the people. All I see on here is bad publicity about the town/council/ etc. My question is if I should even apply for a position there?
LW Jackson

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Out of towner wrote:
I am an officer from a jurisdiction out of the area, been an officer for about 20 years. I have been keeping up with the PGPD situation and received information the town was hiring all new officers. I was thinking about applying but I don't know the area or the people. All I see on here is bad publicity about the town/council/ etc. My question is if I should even apply for a position there?
We have a lot of good people in this town...We do have an over abundance of gossipers and several trouble makers....but what town doesn't!!!!
I think new blood would be good for the town
yes

Church Hill, VA

#3 Dec 3, 2012
for the most part, people are good here. there is a drug epidemic which i believe exists everywhere. yes you should apply. the sheriff, Gary Parsons is now in charge of the police dept in pennington. i am confident he will change the department and pennington for the better. he is a good sheriff, has been for a long time. he will hiring the new officers and he will not put up the crazy foolishness that has been in pennington and the police dept. yes apply
Out of towner

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Thank you. I agree, new blood may be a good idea. It is the same way here. No matter what happens, or how hard you try, the "good ol boys" syndrome sometimes sneaks in. Thanks again, believe I will apply
farmer mike

Knoxville, TN

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Out of towner wrote:
just stay in town limits. Bewarned just crap in woodway. Farmers here dont like town pigs outside their limits. Stay in town limits and mind your business things will be fine.
Lightbulb

United States

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Someone from out of town needs to apply for this position! Don't judge the entire area by some who have problems. Whomever is hired, cannot be a yes man, and must answer to the sheriff, not the mayor or town council. Random drug screens for all officers at any given time. Next, impeach the mayor, and all the council. The proof appeared whenever one was tipped off by the mayor & I believe the town council were also aware. We need to clean our town, streets, up the right way.
scarecrow

Christiansburg, VA

#7 Dec 4, 2012
farmer mike wrote:
<quoted text> just stay in town limits. Bewarned just crap in woodway. Farmers here dont like town pigs outside their limits. Stay in town limits and mind your business things will be fine.
LMAO, that's a good one farmer mike. Does that B.S. work on the county and state cops too cause I seen them in woodway all the time?
farmer mike

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 4, 2012
County and state cops are welcomed in wooday. Boss hog knows to keep his cops in town. We carry shotguns and 44 mags in wooday. We know how to use them and people disappear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of pennington 8 hr Mark 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Wed Musikologist 35
election 2016 Mar 22 Truth 122
Phs reunion in july Mar 18 FYI 4
If you don't believe in GOD, why do you celebra... (Dec '11) Mar 4 Sad times for ame... 107
Pizza king (Nov '15) Mar 4 DonaldDrumpf 19
Moonshiners Mar 2 Hoosier boy 4

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pennington Gap Mortgages