Friendship Ambulance
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chas

Tomball, TX

#1 Mar 24, 2011
What a joke. Called to have my aunt taken to the hospital and was told it would be 3 hours before an ambulance could get there. These idiots ain't volunteers. We took her ourselves and saw 3 ambulances sitting at their office!
kiss this

United States

#2 Mar 24, 2011
Friendship Ambulance is not a volunteer organization. They are a paid service. They are a for profit company. Their business is the transport of patients to and from hospitals in non emergency situations. They do run emergency call if they have a crew available. kiss this
Willy

Raven, VA

#3 Mar 25, 2011
I had a similar problem with them. We waited forever. I know they are a paid service all too well. I paid the bill. It was outrageous. Especially the way the crew looked and that amalance looked like it was about to fall apart and it was filthy. They are a greedy company. You'd think as much as they charge the staff would be required to bathe and wear clean uniforms and clean the trucks. For those fees the trucks should be new! They ain't all that. Beacon at least cleans the interior of their trucks. Thats who we use now.
EMT

Tomball, TX

#4 Mar 25, 2011
Friendship is there when you need us. Enuf said.
EMT-P

Jonesville, VA

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Jimmy only hires morons so he can look smart.
Lee

Raven, VA

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Let me get this together now, topix has about covered everybody from well known people,churches,hospitals,busi ness places,policemen,social services,sheriff's dept.towns,rescue squads,ambulance services,schools,school board,lawyers,just plain ole hard working people and non working people, jails and prison, fire departments,and ems trained people. Have I left anyone out? Why don't you people get a job and quit down grading everyone that is trying to work and make a living for their family. You people are pathetic.
Macy

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Mar 27, 2011
Jimmy is nothing but a suck up to the hospital staff
Jimmy

United States

#8 Mar 31, 2011
EMT-P wrote:
Jimmy only hires morons so he can look smart.
Thanks, Deb. I always knew you had it in ya!!!
beep

Mount Juliet, TN

#9 Apr 3, 2011
They're trained to save your ass...not kiss it!!!! Seriously they run 911 calls for lee county volunteers who dont get out plus scheduled trips. And if you see trucks sitting at their office, it could be because they didnt have a crew at that office... In case you didnt know they have 3!!! Best ambulance service around...you want crappy call someone else next time!!!
Janet s

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2011
I disagree beep. Seems like the ones that work there are the ones even the volunteers didn't want. Just my opinion.
WTF

Mount Juliet, TN

#11 Apr 4, 2011
So call someone else its that simple those people there work long hours and risk their lives and health to pick you up when your sick or injured and you get on here talking about them I think you all should grow the hell up and get a life...Lee County has no Volunteer Rescue every time they get a call they turn it over to Friendship and how do I know I volunteer for the Pgap FD
Janet s

Jonesville, VA

#12 Apr 5, 2011
Maybe you should volunteer to help them out.
BigBoobBertha

United States

#13 Apr 6, 2011
Some of the employees at Friendship are nasty looking and creepy. That fat one with the gray beard looks at me a lot. Makes me very uncomfortable. The other fat one with the brown hair, I know his name is Charles, is also a total pervert. The skinny one with the long white trash beard smells really bad. Seems like the only ones with any sense are trucked in from Big Stone or Wise. I think Lee Co. is pretty much screwed either way it goes as far as ambulances go. Those volunteers are never around when it counts and the Friendship nasties are creepy.
beep

Mount Juliet, TN

#14 Apr 6, 2011
Janet s wrote:
I disagree beep. Seems like the ones that work there are the ones even the volunteers didn't want. Just my opinion.
I don't know about lee co. But Wise and BSG offices are FULL of volunteers on area agencies...and not ALL pennington employees are nasty...there's one girl that's an EXCELLENT paramedic.
Wife of an Emt

Ewing, VA

#15 Jul 19, 2011
My husband works in the pennington office & he is not by any means anything that some of you have said. I am not jimmys wife, charles wife, Garys wife.. But i agree some of them need some hygenie classes but not ALL of them are like that.. My husband works long hours from day light till dark helping others.. So Keep your mouth shut about someone you have no clue about.. & beep this is for you.. you are prolly angie getting on here talking about this excellent paramedic.. No need to make yourself feel like you excellent! Bc your not!

XOXO
Wife of an EMT
Wife of an Emt

Ewing, VA

#16 Jul 19, 2011
& further more my husband is a paid emt & a volunteer & a rescue squad & a fire dept!.. sounds like someone is jealous!
cassie

Jonesville, VA

#17 Jul 20, 2011
The olinger guy is a pervert and smells awful. Please take a bath and brush your teeth.
monkeybuttsitony ou

Pennington Gap, VA

#18 Jul 20, 2011
have only had one experience with friendship. i got hurt at work needed to go to the hospital and they refused to run the call! they were only a couple of stores down from where i lay on the floor! had to wait almost 1.5 hrs for jonesville to come and pick me up. the lady that worked on me had no idea how to insert an iv but she insisted on putting one in. my arm was squirting blood like it had been cut off when they took me in the er. so bad the nurses actually thought that was what had happened. sure hope they have improved with time!
good luck

United States

#19 Jul 25, 2011
I wish you luck!
Ken

Jonesville, VA

#20 Aug 3, 2011
they smell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police dept 10 hr Management 2
The Trumps (Jul '17) Sat Truth 16
Gay Jonesville (Oct '10) Sat sad 99
Internet Stalkers Jan 20 Freedom 7
looking to buy cheap house Jan 15 Big John 9
Looking for house, apartment, vacant lot or land Jan 11 WillyWontGo 2
If you don't believe in GOD, why do you celebra... (Dec '11) Dec 25 Santa 121

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance