First Prev
of 8
Next Last
A cry 4 help

United States

#1 Apr 6, 2011
I need 2 find an affordable clinic! Im on drugs and i want 2 quit! Please help! Where do i go?
Helpfor u

Natural Bridge, VA

#2 Apr 6, 2011
A cry 4 help wrote:
I need 2 find an affordable clinic! Im on drugs and i want 2 quit! Please help! Where do i go?
Start with DR Vanzee. If he can't help you he can find you some help.
knows

Natural Bridge, VA

#3 Apr 6, 2011
Suboxone does not get you off of drugs, it just exchanges one drug for another. If you seriously want to get off of drugs, there are rehabs in Kingsport and Johnson City
helper

Roanoke, VA

#4 Apr 6, 2011
Yes start with Dr Van Zee. You can get into New Beginnings but you will have to be detoxed first. Good luck!! Just be careful with Van Zee he is big on the suboxone treatments.
A cry 4 help

United States

#5 Apr 6, 2011
I have children i cant go into a rehab! I want to try the meds, i think it could help me.
United States

#6 Apr 6, 2011
You are going to have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get clean. Aren't there relatives that could help out? You just need to commit to getting clean and staying clean. Good luck :)
A cry 4 help

United States

#7 Apr 6, 2011
Yes but i have baby daddy drama and he would take her from me if he found out.
No Way

Natural Bridge, VA

#8 Apr 6, 2011
knows wrote:
Suboxone does not get you off of drugs, it just exchanges one drug for another. If you seriously want to get off of drugs, there are rehabs in Kingsport and Johnson City
Oxycontin, Suboxone, Methadone, just trading one bad gig for another. Rehab is a waste unless you are
one in a million. And if you are you can do it without the rehab. Try a DR. For a very low dose 2.5 mil of
hydrocodone, start with say two per day, decrease to one, then a half. Won't be easy but it will work.
All of the others are for profit, so their is know incentive to get you clean.
Good Luck, and remember you are worth it, and you can do it. GOD BLESS
lee nomad

Columbia, SC

#9 Apr 7, 2011
Suboxone will help, it helped me. But you have ready and wanting 2 quit or your wasting your time. I went 2 a dr in kingsport and every week he would reduce my dose until I was done. Th main thing is u have 2 want a sober life. The reason some people on here r sayin its trading one drug for another is either they know somebody who is getting th meds and been on it for a long time,which tells me that them people really don't care about a clean life, OR they just have no clue about addiction and wat we go thru.....if you're absolutely wanting to get sober then try Suboxone, follow th Dr's exact order and you can do it.
knows

Natural Bridge, VA

#10 Apr 7, 2011
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxycontin, Suboxone, Methadone, just trading one bad gig for another. Rehab is a waste unless you are
one in a million. And if you are you can do it without the rehab. Try a DR. For a very low dose 2.5 mil of
hydrocodone, start with say two per day, decrease to one, then a half. Won't be easy but it will work.
All of the others are for profit, so their is know incentive to get you clean.
Good Luck, and remember you are worth it, and you can do it. GOD BLESS
the part about rehab that works is that it gives you an opportunity to detox in a supportive environment, then you have to change your lifestyle when you get out to remain clean.
noneya

United States

#11 Apr 7, 2011
suboxone is not a replacement. you can be on a low does of it for the rest of your life and it not harm you. can you say the same for drugs? i know numerous people that have done suboxone and gotten off heroine!!! they make you detox for atleast 48 hours before because you will not get the full effect of the suboxone if you done and it may make you sick if you dont. your detox time is going to be hell im not going to sugar coat it. you will hurt but as soon as you start the suboxone it will go away and if you are willing to hurt for a couple days until you can start your meds it shows that you are truly devoted to quitting. i think that its great that you are trying to change your life and get better! dont listen to these idiots. i would stay strict about wanting suboxone though. if they offer methodone i wouldnt do it. methodone will replace one habbit with another and you hurt worse off methodone than with pills or herroine. people who have not been threw it can be very judgmental, including doctors that say "they want to help you with it" but opiod addiction IS a disease. but you can beat it! i have faith in you hunny keep your head up!:D
A cry 4 help

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2011
Thank u noneya, i agree
A cry 4 help

United States

#13 Apr 7, 2011
Its like what noneya said unless u have struggled with addiction then u dont understand, its the way i deal with stress, dont even enjoy it anymore!
watch out

Nashville, TN

#14 Apr 7, 2011
The way I see it you can go do the suboxone or rehab or whatever, but as soon as you come back and live in the same place with the same people and same "stress" you will be right back in the same boat. I am not saying you can't get clean, but I think it takes more than quitting the drug to stay clean. We Humans are weak. We have to have a crutch to lean on or we couldn't make it. Some turn to religion "which would be the best choice" and some turn to drugs, some turn to alcohol, cheating, whatever the choice is, we go to that comfort zone because we are weak and cannot make it on our own. Just be careful who your acquaintances are and where you hang out, because other people also thrive on the weakness of others. Good luck and I hope that you get clean and stay that way...God Bless
noneya

United States

#15 Apr 8, 2011
watch out i agree. how ever if you are commited to quitting which i pray that you are, it is possible to quit. if you start the suboxone, but you are still around the same people you did drugs with before, the chances of quittting are slim to none. when you commit to this you are commiting to changing your entire life. a good support person, or group can be very helpful, also religion is also a great choice. i have seen more people pull through with church than anything else, however everyones coping methods are different. a cry for help, the church i attend and my self are keeping you in our prayers, and i wish you the very best. do not doubt your self you can do this, it is going to be hard, but i have confidence that you are plenty strong enough to make it threw! one method i have seen commonly used is making a list of benifits that come from being off and turning to it for inspiration when you have a craving. hope all goes well for you hun. if you have any questions about the suboxone, symptoms or need anything please leave me a message and i will get back to you.

“Internet Famous”

Since: Jun 09

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 8, 2011
Suboxone is a stronger opiate than oxycontin. What sense does that make?
Jill

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2011
I wish anyone the very best of luck that are trying to quit drugs. Sad part about it is rehab is expensive and if you do find a funded program they will only keep you a certain amount of days. I know this from experience... My brother cried out for help and we got him help in Galax. They got him off the drugs but alcohol was another story. He desperately needed more rehab but since his time was up and he didn't have the money to stay they told us to come get him. He WANTED to quit but had been drinking since he was a teen and was up to a case a day, so 30 days wasn't enough. We brought him home and tried to help him ourselves but soon his withdraws got the best of him. I watched him shake, sweat, throw up and all the other bad things that go along with it. It broke my heart but what broke my heart even worse is that my brother passed away in July and alcohol was involved. It wasn't the main reason because he had heart problems too but if he had been able to get the help he needed, I really don't think he would of been drinking and he would of taken better care of himself. This is a very serious problem in all places, not just here and the price for help is outrageous... Why can't the government take some of that cash they are sitting on and help the people right here that want help. I believe that we should help here at home before we start sending our money to other countries. My brother was only 46 and had so much to live for and was REALLY trying but couldn't afford the help.
infoforya

United States

#18 Apr 8, 2011
First off, yes Suboxone does help u get off drugs, and alcohol as well. If ur taking it as it is prescribed, and u do the drugs or drink alcohol, it will make u terribly sick. If ur serious about getting clean, then u shouldn't have any problems with that after the 1st 2 or 3 times u get sick from relapsing. Addiction is a disease, and I know first hand from experience, overcoming any addiction is very difficult and very painful. But I'm tellin ya right now, if u have kids, u need to get off the drugs for ur kids sake. For one, u want better than that for ur kid, now and when they grow up. For two, if u were to get busted and go to prison for it, ur baby daddy is gonna get ur kid for sure and for a lot longer. Ur better off going into rehab and fighting for ur child back when u get out. ,y judge will look at u goin to rehab willingly as a good sign and that proves ur a very fit mother. But if ur just tryin to find out where 2 get them cheap because of different reason, like u wanna sell them for more money or because ur addicted to them, then shame on u.
Freedom

Brevard, NC

#19 Apr 8, 2011
A cry 4 help wrote:
I have children i cant go into a rehab! I want to try the meds, i think it could help me.
wow..u want the pills but don't want the treatment...
just be real and don't spend all the money on them. YOU HAVE KIDS FOR GODS SAKE!

FUNNY...NOW THAT SUBOXONE IS OUT PPL SAY... " IM GONNA QUIT DRUGS...TAKE ME TO A SUBOXONE CLINIC" LOL

HOW ABOUT...GET RIGHT WITH YOURSELF AND QUIT ON YOUR OWN!

YOUR WEAK!
Freedom

Brevard, NC

#20 Apr 8, 2011
its like...you have been hooked on beer all your life...

and your trying to quit... then ask for vodka!

its like..for lee county...now that they heard of suboxone... its all they want!

think quitting without suboxone

recent studies I read from men's health said that the most successful way to quit is by going cold turkey...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Aug 20 worried 1
What's better el centenariio or el castillo? Aug 20 Mexican food 1
Consumer alert: Tri State metal in Pennington G... Aug 16 Countrygirl 1
new jobs n lee Aug 15 DEM 4
marshall tucker Aug 5 marshall tucker i... 7
restroom Jul 29 Hoosier boy 23
jeff gordan (Nov '15) Jul 29 Hoosier boy 17

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance