spot on

Concord, NC

#47 Nov 8, 2012
I am a registerd Republican and have been for 42 years. Seeing all of the hate spewing and lie flying coming from the political party left a bitter taste I. n my mouth. The sad part was an overwhelming majority came from the Republican party and I am ashhamed. Then, locally the coal rallies in churches. Seperation of church and state folks and quit yelling about the constitution while you are violating it! I was not shocked at the small turnout but ashamed that my fellow Reps would stoop so low. That would have worked great at a school or other public building and several would have shown up. The Rep party have gone down hill and I'm not sure if I'll be able to support local Reps anymore.
Agent007

Hillsboro, WV

#48 Nov 8, 2012
Wow you have a lot of opinions of people you don't know. I simply stated if you make that much then have nothing to show, you must be bad at keeping the money and waste it. It's there in your own words. Now you say you are saving for college and "pelt" grants are not available for your kids. Uh, what the heck is a pelt grant? Do you get them for trading raccoon pelts for college? You obviously spend spend spend like there is no tomorrow and the way you spend will probably make your tomorrow very dark. There are three in my family, we own a car, house, and I have a huge television, cell phones, video games, computers, and new appliances. So now that you know this, how do I do it with so little? I budget, I have been taught how to do that early on and I cringe at the thought of spending money. I do have money in the bank and a checking account with money to back it up. WOW, learn to manage money and you will have more. Again, I see this in Lee all the time. People need to learn how to spend and get what they need, not what they always want.
you need to

United States

#49 Nov 8, 2012
You republicans need to get together with Mitt and Anne Romney and feast on ramen noodles together just once. Just one day. People NOT on food stamps struggle daily and that is what they eat when times get rough.
Agent007

Hillsboro, WV

#50 Nov 8, 2012
Want to know one secret to keeping money in your pocket or bank instead of using it, buy used. Sure, you can lease that car and pay $300 to $500 a month and have a $1000 a month mortgage but then if you lose your job you will be homeless and carless within two months. Buy a used car, heck get two. Buy a small home and build onto it if you need more room. As for new things like computers/games/etc well I buy those used too. Go up to G2K games or Gamestop and buy the systems used. I bought my kids Christmas already and put them up. Another tip-buy in July as it costs a lot less during the summer months than after Halloween. I bought a 3Ds for christmas and a whole stock of games. I'm set for the holidays and don't owe on anything like credit cards. Heck, I don't have any credit cards. My father told me to never get one, said you'll end up owing in the end. I never got one.
Agent007

United States

#52 Nov 8, 2012
Stupid is as stupid does and someone who can waste fifty grand a year is about as stupid as a box of rocks. I highly doubt that you even make that much by the way you spell on here.
Wow

Tucker, GA

#54 Nov 9, 2012
Like I said, is that the best you got? Ever heard of auto correct? Apparently you knew what I was saying. And yes, we make $50,000 ye and more with overtime. But like I said, nothing is free for us. We pay for our schooling, housing, food, and heat. And proud of it. If that makes me a redneck republican than so be it. I would help anyone who actually needed it that tried to help themselves first. I see way too many people living in handouts that are in better health than me or my husband and won't work because its easier to live off the system. Heck I have family members who do. And spend more time at wal Mart than most people. But that's ok. It's in them not me. I can hold my head high knowing that me and my spouse supported our family.
yes

Charlotte, NC

#55 Nov 9, 2012
You would help anyone who actually need it?

Those words show that you agree with the Dems. The Dems are not gung ho on giving bums money. We all need to figure out a way to cut the fraud out. Wouldn't you agree?

Dem and Arep actually agree on several areas, the spins by the news media changes actual facts and confuses the person.
Wow

Tucker, GA

#56 Nov 9, 2012
I never said I was a dem or rep. Yes who needs it and are trying to help themselves first. Not laying back on a free ride just cause its there for the taking.
Amen, cut the fraud. See way too many people abiding it
not listening

Brooklyn, NY

#57 Nov 9, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>Wait till you pay that 50% tax on every dollar you earn next year and you will be calling somebody a SOB. LMAO at you stupid people.
It is so nice to know we voted in Barack Hussein Obama to be our president the next four years and we no longer have to listen to people like you anymore. We won. You apparently lost. We are better off because of this election. No doubt whatsoever. Continue with your lies and distortion, no one is listening anymore. I am relieved knowing he is going to protect us from the republican agenda. The end, it is over. Happy, happy.
Keep spewing the hatred and lies. No one is listening to you. Have a look at the electoral vote and popular vote.
sad

Jonesville, VA

#58 Nov 9, 2012
Well..it is sad that we have a President who supports same-sex marriages!! Now that he is back in...5 more states are looking at to make that legal!
why does it matter to you

Farmersville, CA

#59 Nov 9, 2012
sad wrote:
Well..it is sad that we have a President who supports same-sex marriages!! Now that he is back in...5 more states are looking at to make that legal!
Why does it matter to so many people? That is their life! They have to meet their maker about this, not you. Why should anyone be allowed to dictate another person's life? It is their life, not yours. Their life! They are not going to change. You live your life and let them live theirs. We will all go before God. It is his judgment on judgment day. Not ours.
Just sayin

Clover, SC

#60 Nov 9, 2012
why does it matter to you wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter to so many people? That is their life! They have to meet their maker about this, not you. Why should anyone be allowed to dictate another person's life? It is their life, not yours. Their life! They are not going to change. You live your life and let them live theirs. We will all go before God. It is his judgment on judgment day. Not ours.
Well said!!!
Hmmm

Corryton, TN

#61 Nov 10, 2012
Yep He will judge everyone. And it's my business because my God tells me to witness to them. To show them in His word that it is wrong. BUT we are to do this in live. Not hate or evil.
12-16-12 awz

Gatlinburg, TN

#62 Nov 10, 2012
Its just floors me that over 70% of people in Lee County voted for Romney after his 47& statement. Because his 47% pertained to at least 97% of Lee County Citizens.
Boooooooo

Brownsburg, VA

#63 Nov 11, 2012
They don't care, Fox told them to run and vote for Romney and they did as their deity told them. Not a one of those in Lee Co. who voted Republican have a brain in their head, they're just stupid followers.
joe blowme

Fort Worth, TX

#64 Nov 11, 2012
woohoo wrote:
It's a wonderful night in the USA. Poor Romney doesn't feel up to his loser speech. Haha
Hope you loose your job too. American idiots......
Boooooooo

Brownsburg, VA

#67 Nov 11, 2012
how dare you wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure you are one of the 97%.
You're such a loser, lol. You fox addicted whack job.
country loses

United States

#68 Nov 11, 2012
the country loses while the little man child president does what he feels like to destroy this once was free "colonial" capitalist country. Where personal liberties existed, and you could earn your living. Now the lazy have realized that they can vote to steal from those who choose to achieve.
Boooooooo

Hillsboro, WV

#70 Nov 11, 2012
Oh, you're a loser and a liar. lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jan 12

Ludlow, MA

#72 Nov 11, 2012
country loses wrote:
the country loses while the little man child president does what he feels like to destroy this once was free "colonial" capitalist country. Where personal liberties existed, and you could earn your living. Now the lazy have realized that they can vote to steal from those who choose to achieve.
Lazy people have been living off of the government for decades. For some people in Lee County its the family buisness. I didn't like Obama or Romney. Obama just wanted to make it easier for the slackers to spend our taxes & Romney just wanted to make easier for rich people to sit on their asses. I'd like to see a president who wants to make it easier for the people who work their asses off everyday to provide for their families. I mean, where would the rich people or the lazy people be without us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save Our Schools 14 min Misty 7
Abingdon ambulance 1 hr Curious 1
car dealers in jonesville Sat amy 1
Keokee Music Thread (Aug '14) Aug 16 Musikologist 10
Dear Gary Parsons! Aug 11 Freedom 1
election 2016 (Oct '16) Aug 8 Former DEM 195
Theater Volunteers (Apr '14) Aug 3 Moon 13

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance