Elk Knob needs help with Traffic

Posted in the Pennington Gap Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Someone need to take charge of this traffic issue at the Elk Knob School in the morning and in the evening. There should be something setup to where the flow of traffic is constant going in and out and most important there should be more than 1 cop standing out there. And this cop who keeps coming to the parents car and rushing them to get their kids in and out their car isn't helping you cant rush lil kids where are the Staff that work at the school they should be out there helping this issue it isn't up to the local cop to do this... When will something be done when someone gets hurt????
no no

Corryton, TN

#2 Sep 18, 2012
You hit the nail on the head. The problem is the bus duty people NOT doing their job. I've waited so long on them to send my kid out that I park and go in and get them.
And how is a kid going to get hurt? They are in the gym til an adult picks them up. Use a little common sense and watch your kid when leaving the school. As stated before, at least they are trying to fix the road.
hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#3 Sep 18, 2012
No No nothing was said about the road so wth are you talking about... the way someone is going to get hurt is the people going in and getting their children weaving in and out of the traffic driving thru to pick up their child and with a cop trying to rush everything someone could get hit so use your common sense...
hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#4 Sep 18, 2012
and tell me how they are trying to fix the issue because I haven't seen anything being done since the 1st day school started... it wont hurt those teacher to come out side and help out a little every other school does
Eagle

Spencer, NC

#5 Sep 18, 2012
You wouldn't have a problem if your kids would ride the damn bus like they should !!!
Hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Eagle well can u call the school board and have them send a bus to my house and pick my kids up because this taking them back and forth is kill me in gas. Do u think I want to go thru this headache every day??
Eagle

Sharon, SC

#7 Sep 19, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
Eagle well can u call the school board and have them send a bus to my house and pick my kids up because this taking them back and forth is kill me in gas. Do u think I want to go thru this headache every day??

Apparently or you would put them on a bus I'm sure they can catch one somewhere
Hmmmm

Mountain View, CA

#8 Sep 19, 2012
You are so dumb and don't know what u are talkin about why should I have to go anywhere I think the school bus should come pick my kids up at their house like they are suppose too that where my tax money is going right guess it will be another trip to the school board
mother

United States

#9 Sep 19, 2012
Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>.
Apparently or you would put them on a bus I'm sure they can catch one somewhere
I dont know what other parents situations are like but my 4 year old is not riding a bus, One because I have younger children who go to a sitter just a mile from the school so i am driving by on my way to work anyways, 2 because she would have to switch buses and is very young for that (teachers don't stand outside and help) and 3 because I would have to wake not 1 but 3 children up 45 minutes earlier just to catch the bus because they have to switch buses and then travel to elk knob. None of those things would make sense to me since I am driving right by the school at 8 am anyways. Plus that is 45 more minutes a day I get to spend with my child. so kiss it.
To HUMMMM

Wise, VA

#10 Sep 19, 2012
why does a bus not come to your house? if you live on a state maintained road they have to, actually I was always told that they have to come to your home and get your kids if you need them too. I would call the Bus Shop and talk to them about it.
Hot dog

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2012
If the kids would go where they should by where they live a lot of the problem would be solved and a bus goes to each school and that school only then the problems would be solved
hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#12 Sep 19, 2012
I agree HotDog I wish my kids could go to the school in their area but the School board shut our school down
confused

Natural Bridge, VA

#13 Sep 19, 2012
Didn't they change bus routes and provide a way to school for all kids in the areas that schools closed? I'm pretty sure a bus runs through Stickleyville to Elk Knob, through Keokee to St. Charles, and I'm not sure about the lower end.
Truth

Maynardville, TN

#14 Sep 19, 2012
If only students from Woodway and Stickleyville areas were attending Elk Knob, then maybe Elk Knob would be closed also.Stop complaining parents.
stupid

Knoxville, TN

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Who would make a child ride a school bus if they didn't have to?
Eagle

United States

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
You are so dumb and don't know what u are talkin about why should I have to go anywhere I think the school bus should come pick my kids up at their house like they are suppose too that where my tax money is going right guess it will be another trip to the school board
No I'm not dumb. Like hot dog said you probably don't even live in that area and chose to take your kids there . If everyone send there kids where the supposed to go wouldn't have a problem I think sb should enforce stricter rules to send where they suppose to go . It would eliminate over crowding and TRAFFIC problems !!!!
Hmmmm

Jonesville, VA

#17 Sep 21, 2012
I think they should inforce that rule too And my kids live in stickleyville so yes that is the closet school that we can go to last year when my kids went to stickleyville I couldn't even get a bus to come get my kids but this post even about kids riding buses it's about the unorganized traffic and chaos over there in the parking lot at elk knob and how more teacher need to be outside helping this afternoon the damn cop wasn't even there I just think there is something that could get done I mean they got new lockers and a new tv I'm sure they could come up with more parking
SB slacking

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Yes, the SB needs to set there district boundaries and make the kids go to the in there district..but in our case its closed so then the school closest! Elk knob is a mess and they need to get organized and the ppl at the school board need to get off their behinds and out of their offices and come out and see for themselves what a mess it is and way to crowded!!! For 1, they need more parking space and 2, common sense should tell them that car riders should b standing at side door with teachers and have parents go in over beside the car wash bc it is a longer distance to the side door. Have parents stay n car and line up one behind the other and keep the flow moving. One car pulls up, kids goes out n gets in then next car pulls up. Keep traffic moving and then parents wouldn't have to park everywhere and anywhere to go n and get their kids and then ppl goin every direction. Go in the out and come out bk on main rd...just makes more sense!!! Let buses pull over in parking parking lot beside church and bus riders go out front door...or have diff bells ring at different times that way get some out before more ppl come n...just an idea!!!! But it is chaos now the way it is!!!!
flatwoods

Natural Bridge, VA

#19 Sep 21, 2012
I don't know if they still do it, but that is how flatwoods used to do it. You came in one way, stayed in line, teachers were there with the kids, kid went to car, next car pulled up, and then you left one way. It makes sense.
duh

Corryton, TN

#20 Sep 22, 2012
If you knew half of what you think you do, then takeyou would know that the route is going to go the other way when the construction is completed. Have a little patience. Take your time, ten extra minutes isn't going to kill you. There isn't much the school can do til its finushed. And, the buses do pull in the lot beside the church. Also, bus riders leave before pick ups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lee High lunch menu 24 min Eat it 5
Another Shooting in Lee County, Va (Mar '10) 2 hr Kds 109
School board and Dr. Austin 3 hr Educator 1
election 2016 (Oct '16) 10 hr Justsain 150
Dark Forest Sat Curiosity 1
Jonesville young officer May 15 Thankingyou 1
Anyone heard any stories about "Hippy Hollow" i... (Oct '10) May 13 Frazier114 26

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pennington Gap Mortgages