Protect the children first
Social Services

United States

#1 Sep 30, 2012
I've called them twice to report child abuse and neglect. The first time was years ago. I called them and told them about some kids being badly abused and they went to the home. The people there told them everything was ok and the kids was too afraid to say anything so SS left. I found out later that right after SS left one of the kids was beaten. So I called the State Department and reported it. SS was at the school the next day and saw the injuries on the child and took her right then and there.

I called recently because I had heard someone talking about kids being abused on Skaggs Hill. Worst part was I heard it's the kids grandmother's boyfriend doing it. Well I hope it wasn't like before where the child was beaten after they left. Social Services won't even tell me what the outcome was. They say the law makes it confidential information and they can't even tell the one reporting it nothing. I just hope those kids are safe and well.
What was goin on

Little Valley, NY

#2 Oct 2, 2012
The Police were at the same house this past week w the kids mentioned above live. Anybody know what was going on.
Sad situation

Natural Bridge, VA

#3 Oct 3, 2012
I feel so bad for the kids around here. Just yesterday at my son's football practice, one of the other kid's parents was so messed up she couldn't keep her head up or eyes open! All the kids and parents seen this but of course nothing was said. I just hope that there's another caretaker in the home so that these kids won't be in any danger. I will say this though, if this happens again, I will be the first to call Social Services myself on her! If people insist on self-medicating themselves, please don't do it in front of or while you're with your kids!!
money
#4 Oct 3, 2012
MONEY AND STAMPS. RENTAL. TANF. FUEL ASSISTANCE IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. i know 3 grandmothers that use the g kids 4 that only. what is the phone no. 4 the richmond office?
money
#5 Oct 3, 2012
Social Services wrote:
I've called them twice to report child abuse and neglect. The first time was years ago. I called them and told them about some kids being badly abused and they went to the home. The people there told them everything was ok and the kids was too afraid to say anything so SS left. I found out later that right after SS left one of the kids was beaten. So I called the State Department and reported it. SS was at the school the next day and saw the injuries on the child and took her right then and there.
I called recently because I had heard someone talking about kids being abused on Skaggs Hill. Worst part was I heard it's the kids grandmother's boyfriend doing it. Well I hope it wasn't like before where the child was beaten after they left. Social Services won't even tell me what the outcome was. They say the law makes it confidential information and they can't even tell the one reporting it nothing. I just hope those kids are safe and well.
what number did you call? they wont do anything in jonesville.
no they will not

Saint James, NY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
No, they won't do anything in Jonesville. Nothing. Needs to go to state now. What is state number?
violence

Clearlake, CA

#7 Oct 3, 2012
What was goin on wrote:
The Police were at the same house this past week w the kids mentioned above live. Anybody know what was going on.
violence.

Poor children. Why didn't the police take the children out of that situation???? They know about it. They were there.
Here it is

United States

#8 Oct 3, 2012
violence wrote:
<quoted text>
violence.
Poor children. Why didn't the police take the children out of that situation???? They know about it. They were there.
Well, SS was called again and told that a huge fight went on up there. CB and his live in JC and her daughter all ganged up on CB's son and beat him up then threw him out of the house. What kind of man does this to his one and only son? And why?
is it

Sandy Ridge, NC

#9 Oct 5, 2012
that would be Joyce Crusenberry, would it? That's the rumor.
Got it

United States

#10 Oct 5, 2012
is it wrote:
that would be Joyce Crusenberry, would it? That's the rumor.
Yep
sick

Roanoke, VA

#11 Oct 7, 2012
VA Child Protective Services: 1-800-552-7096
If you call they are suppose to investigate within 48 hrs.
why

Port Washington, NY

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Those children will grow up and the truth will be known. Hopefully, they will be protected by God. Why is it social services are not protecting children??? If they investigated the police reports they would know what goes on. Why are the two departments in Jonesville (police and social services) not communicating when it comes to the children being in this kind of situation? I think they just don't care at all.
if they did

Berkeley, CA

#13 Oct 8, 2012
sick wrote:
VA Child Protective Services: 1-800-552-7096
If you call they are suppose to investigate within 48 hrs.
If they really cared wouldn't they talk to other people, not just the abusers? Most people are wide open books in Lee County. Ask anyone. They simply don't care or they would truly investigate not just talk to the abusers and pat them on the back.
sick

Roanoke, VA

#14 Oct 8, 2012
How old are the children? What is being done to them? Who is the father?
why

Sandy Ridge, NC

#15 Oct 10, 2012
why do mean people succeed and thrive, and good people suffer?
hopefully

United States

#16 Oct 11, 2012
hopefully the teachers will keep an eye on these children. Teachers can help, they really can. Please all teachers, be aware.
left

Long Valley, NJ

#17 Oct 20, 2012
these poor kids are left to be abused. The system failed. Think of that when you lay down at night to sleep social workers!! It is your fault. Every time a child is beaten and you've been told, it is your fault for not protecting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pennington Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
election 2016 Dec 2 Sherri 6
shooting in lee Dec 2 Responsible hunter 2
If you don't believe in GOD, why do you celebra... (Dec '11) Dec 1 Cassidy 100
Divorce Atty Nov 29 Just asking 3
we are starting a motorcycle club in lee co. (Nov '12) Nov 18 Truth Hurts 33
Pennington Gap Music Thread (Jun '13) Sep '16 Musikologist 14
Cave (Jan '12) Sep '16 Anonymous 20

Pennington Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance