United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

How are kids from SES going to fit at EK? There are 100 kids there. Guess redistricting will have to be done and going in your own district implemented? That will be the fight there. How many kids actually live in EK 's district that go there? Why is SES such the issue when you have Keokee and Elydale with less students? So many questions, no answers.
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Ok I agree it sucks I don't like the idea of keokee students having to travel that far but slaming sports and everyone not going to help. This is not just a lee county problem it is state wide the cuts come down from the state nothing the board can do we have to many elemarty schools bottom line.
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Well I'm 36 and that's not what boner meent when we used it lol.
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Why would they close scs that don't make since that is the first time I herd that
Keokee
Stickleyvill
Elydale
Ewing
Is the ones I thought was on the block.
Correction

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

"Why would they close SCS? That doesn't make sense. That is the first time I heard that.
Keokee, Stickleyville, Elydale, and Ewing are the ones I thought were on the block".
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Take your correction and stick up your wide a**
actually

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Some schools should have been closed when we consolidated. Anyone hear who the principals being moved are?
Correction

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

"Take your correction and stick it up your wide a**".
stc

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Is the principle at saint charles being moved?
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

So dean is not I'm ses anymore?
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Corection in s.c.s
Yeah but

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

How did you get St Charles Elementary out of what I said? Poor reading skills? The sentence states "NOBODY want to see FHS, JHS, PHS, DHS, KHS close but we got over it (at least some of us did) as we did Blackwater High and St Charles!" Shall I break it down for you? It is referring to the closings in the past. As IN THE 1970'S WHEN Blackwater High School, which contained grades 1 through 12 students were transferred to Jonesville. And St Charles HIGH School, who's students were transferred to Pennington High School. As for the other schools, I agree that probably the three that have been mentioned (Stickleyville, Keokee, and Elydale) will be the ones closed. I was only talking about Stickleyville because that is the one that seems to be the most controversial. I am not saying that these three ARE the ones to close rather IF THEY are the most expensive to operate per student then they need to close those schools.
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Yeah but wrote:
How did you get St Charles Elementary out of what I said? Poor reading skills? The sentence states "NOBODY want to see FHS, JHS, PHS, DHS, KHS close but we got over it (at least some of us did) as we did Blackwater High and St Charles!" Shall I break it down for you? It is referring to the closings in the past. As IN THE 1970'S WHEN Blackwater High School, which contained grades 1 through 12 students were transferred to Jonesville. And St Charles HIGH School, who's students were transferred to Pennington High School. As for the other schools, I agree that probably the three that have been mentioned (Stickleyville, Keokee, and Elydale) will be the ones closed. I was only talking about Stickleyville because that is the one that seems to be the most controversial. I am not saying that these three ARE the ones to close rather IF THEY are the most expensive to operate per student then they need to close those schools.
Listen you don't have to be a smart a** someone asked if the principal was being moved it was not you this topic Does not revolve around you so if you can't talk aboit this without your smart a** remarks then just leave some of us unlike you have kids I'm one of those schools.
ya know

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Another Parent wrote:
How are kids from SES going to fit at EK? There are 100 kids there. Guess redistricting will have to be done and going in your own district implemented? That will be the fight there. How many kids actually live in EK 's district that go there? Why is SES such the issue when you have Keokee and Elydale with less students? So many questions, no answers.
They may have less students but stickleyville would be perfect to close this year because they had 4 teachers retire plus their principal. Close it and you won't have to replace them, just put the remaining teachers at other schools (they could just go to elk knob, I'm sure they will need the extra staffing since they would get those students). If not, then you would have to hire NEW teachers AND a new principal. From a budget perspective, it just makes sense.
Wow

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

I read no band trips my kid will want to quit . This could be bad and as far as the schools they should have been shut down a long time ago like they said they would. Cuts are ok but fair is the best way get rid of the waist in the central office. Is L.H. one at the central office . What teachers are gone hope we get some teachers who know math.
keokee

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

You parents make me sick. You are complaining about possibly sending your children an extra 5 miles up the road. The parents in Keokee will have to send their children over 20 miles. Can you imagine putting your 5 year old on the bus at 7am and then the child not getting home until after 4. By the time they do their homework and eat dinner they will have to get in bed and just do it all over again. Then you have this winter, we all know how bad it gets in Keokee I am terrified at the thoughts of those poor kids being on the roads. I fear closing these schools will lead to drop outs and an increase in bulling. Money will not be saved if Keokee is closed it will be lost, the majority of children will go to Appalachia. The best thing would be to close Ewing and Stickleyville they both have schools close by, they also need to reinforce the boundaries.
UMMM

Corinne, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

"All", I repeat "all" principals are getting moved which breaks my heart. I don't understand the reasoning. Kids and teachers love Ms. Warner as I'm sure the kids at other schools love their principals. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this. The only one I head wasn't getting moved is LHS' principal.
Jolly Rancher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

keokee wrote:
You parents make me sick. You are complaining about possibly sending your children an extra 5 miles up the road. The parents in Keokee will have to send their children over 20 miles. Can you imagine putting your 5 year old on the bus at 7am and then the child not getting home until after 4. By the time they do their homework and eat dinner they will have to get in bed and just do it all over again. Then you have this winter, we all know how bad it gets in Keokee I am terrified at the thoughts of those poor kids being on the roads. I fear closing these schools will lead to drop outs and an increase in bulling. Money will not be saved if Keokee is closed it will be lost, the majority of children will go to Appalachia. The best thing would be to close Ewing and Stickleyville they both have schools close by, they also need to reinforce the boundaries.
Close Ewing? Where are you going to put the students?
Rose Hill is full.
N B K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

I don't see why ewing should close the school is in good shape elydale and stickleyville I can see but keokee and ewing don't understand this one.
rainman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

That sounds smart. How many miles away from TW are those schools? School could start 30 or so min's later and end 30 min's earlier to accommodate for travel time. A teacher or 2 should have to ride the route daily on the bus to keep down violence, etc. Your plan would eliminate 6 principals. That would save$. You need to run for school board. Five less buildings to heat, clean, etc. sounds good too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of69
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Pennington Gap Forum right now

Search the Pennington Gap Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Little Thief 1 hr No ATVS 1
McDonalds 2 hr jim 4
Why is she not in jail? 10 hr Ohio Voter 1
bill avery running? 12 hr watchman 3
Cheating? (Sep '10) 17 hr Meandme 49
Pennington Gap Music Thread (Jun '13) 19 hr Brandon 5
What happened on the four lane Wed Local 1
•••
•••