Buck runs wild in Penn Yan hardware s...

Buck runs wild in Penn Yan hardware store, watch surveillance v...

There are 11 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Buck runs wild in Penn Yan hardware store, watch surveillance v.... In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A four-legged visitor surprised workers and customers after it wandered inside a Penn Yan lumber and hardware store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

Joe

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2009

I visited the site today, 7/5, and watched a workman fall. the lack of proper safety proceedures led to the accident. He did not appear to be hurt badly but it could have been worse. The lack of a properly constructed "gang plank" lead to the fall, as three workmen attempted to transfer a compressed gas cylinger to the stricken dredge.After therr weeks of people crossing precariously set planks and having to step across from float to float to reach the dredge, contributed to the fall..
Inept carelessness abounds at the site... no wonder there are many injuries associated with "the Canal Corporation of the state of New York...!
The "Keystone Cops " have been resurected in the form of New York state Canal Corporation..! This "comedy" of errors no doubtedly contributed to this event...way back in mid June..!
Fred

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Joe wrote:
I visited the site today, 7/5, and watched a workman fall. the lack of proper safety proceedures led to the accident. He did not appear to be hurt badly but it could have been worse. The lack of a properly constructed "gang plank" lead to the fall, as three workmen attempted to transfer a compressed gas cylinger to the stricken dredge.After therr weeks of people crossing precariously set planks and having to step across from float to float to reach the dredge, contributed to the fall..
Inept carelessness abounds at the site... no wonder there are many injuries associated with "the Canal Corporation of the state of New York...!
The "Keystone Cops " have been resurected in the form of New York state Canal Corporation..! This "comedy" of errors no doubtedly contributed to this event...way back in mid June..!
So where were you ,in Palmyra yesterday or in Pennyan today? I do realise that beer is alot cheaper in Yates co. but whow.
claplant

Geneva, NY

#3 Jul 6, 2009
i think you have wrong story
Fred

Rochester, NY

#4 Jul 6, 2009
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>So where were you ,in Palmyra yesterday or in Pennyan today? I do realise that beer is alot cheaper in Yates co. but whow.
But on second thought, you enjoy your self an please be safe, god bless you.
Buckee

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2009
Give's new meaning to the term, "the buck stops here"
Buckee

United States

#6 Jul 6, 2009
I guess the buck was seen waiting at the paint counter for like 20 minute's, and no one would help it, so it was like F-this, I'm going to LOWES.
Straight Shooter

Fairport, NY

#7 Jul 6, 2009
I guess Joe is showing that Midlakes HS "edjumacation" by posting a comment from a completely different story in this thread.
Jeremey Henries

Canandaigua, NY

#8 Jul 6, 2009
I shop in that store on occasions and that would be the last thing I would expect!!! Its a little scary, but the chances of it happening again are slim!!! Congrats to the employees for handiling the situation safely!!!
sagien

Batavia, NY

#9 Jul 6, 2009
i really want to know this.. what was he buying?
sagien

Batavia, NY

#10 Jul 6, 2009
Hey joe

im sure the people taking care of the situation never came across this one before. hey i would look like a keystone cop too.
Brad Jensen

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jul 7, 2009
That's where my Dad and Mom grew up. Beuatiful little town next to Keuka Lake in upstate NY. Deer everywhere living off the wine grapes and corn - best roadkill dinners in the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Penn Yan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
willard drug treatment campus (Mar '07) 10 hr antonia 656
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul 25 josephbarkley 20
Review: Freedom Village USA (Oct '13) Jun '16 John 20
News Seneca Falls fight ends in two arrests, officer... (Nov '11) May '16 Troy randleman 12
News 3-Year-Old In Jet Ski Accident on Canandaigua L... (Aug '12) Mar '16 Pam 3
Brook Street Park Incident 3/16/16 Mar '16 sidney 1
News Man shot by Geneva police officer dies (May '11) Mar '16 eyeswithoutaface 8

Penn Yan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Penn Yan Mortgages