xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28626 May 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read what I posted. At the time McCain was born, he was not a citizen of the US. The laws were changed a year after he was born, to make him a citizen. This is not some deceptive rumor --- they are facts as they were presented by well known legal scholars. That's as opposed to the lies about Obama, which had no basis in fact and were originally presented in anonymous emails.
<quoted text>
You obviously CAN criticize Obama, you do it constantly. And you CAN call him names, give him a dirty look, or say rude things about his wife. But you shouldn't do those things because it just makes YOU seem juvenile and dumb.
I see. So when you insinuated that questioning DumBama's citizen ship was due to his skin color was not juvenile and dumb? Remember: you brought up race--I didn't.
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until the black man with the funny sounding name was running did it become an issue. For some it was racism, for others it was political opportunity (and for quite a few it was a mix of the two.)
FULL QUESTION:

I understand John McCain was born in Panama. Doesn’t that make him ineligible to be president? I thought the Constitution said you had to have been born in a state.
FULL ANSWER:

John McCain’s father was an admiral in the U.S. Navy who was stationed in Panama in 1936, when McCain was born. This has led to speculation as to whether McCain is a U.S. citizen and whether he can be elected president, a question that was raised during McCain’s run for the Republican nomination in 2000 as well.

But McCain is a natural-born citizen, even though he was not born within this country’s borders, since his parents were citizens at the time of his birth. As a congressional act stated in 1790:

Congress: "And the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens."

Another congressional act in 1795 issued a similar assurance, though it changed the language from "natural born citizen" to "citizen."

But the State Department clarifies the issue, saying that the 1790 language is honored under section 301(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

This is not the first time the question has been broached in a presidential election. Fellow Arizonian Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona territory before it was a state. And Mitt Romney’s father, George, ran for president in 1968, though he was born in Mexico. Like McCain, both were born to U.S. citizens and, therefore, considered to be American citizens.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/john-mccains...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28627 May 22, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I was not & am NOT a 'Birther' but Yes, it was a waste of time, The waste of time was created by someone NOT being forthcoming from the start & that was Mr Transparent.
How about offering some facts to support that assertion, Pops? Obama released his birth certificate in 2008, before the election, and soon after the rumors started.

"Expressed belief in such theories has persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008; confirmation, based on the original documents, by the Hawaii Department of Health; the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate); and contemporaneous birth announcements published in two Hawaii newspapers. Polls conducted in 2010 suggested that at least one quarter of adult Americans said that they doubted Obama's U.S. birth, while a May 2011 Gallup poll found that 13% of American adults (23% of Republicans) continued to express such doubts."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_cit...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28628 May 22, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about offering some facts to support that assertion, Pops? Obama released his birth certificate in 2008, before the election, and soon after the rumors started.
"Expressed belief in such theories has persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008; confirmation, based on the original documents, by the Hawaii Department of Health; the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate); and contemporaneous birth announcements published in two Hawaii newspapers. Polls conducted in 2010 suggested that at least one quarter of adult Americans said that they doubted Obama's U.S. birth, while a May 2011 Gallup poll found that 13% of American adults (23% of Republicans) continued to express such doubts."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_cit...
Facts to assert what assertion?
I will say that Obama did NOT clarify his nation of birth or there would have been NO 'news' story to perpetuate. That is unless the media created a non-story.
I also did NOT post any doubt about my thoughts of Obama's citizenship. I may have been apathetic because I am apathetic... I was rather clear about that....I don't care about the issue so what is your point to me?
Come on OG. I made NO assertions that picked any side of the issue of the 'Birther' argument. In fact, I said that I don't give a $hit about it. So I don't quite understand your post as it may pertain to me.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28629 May 22, 2014
Just to clarify...IF Obama's mother was a U.S.A citizen, of which I have no doubt, I don't care if he was born on the top of Mount Everest, He would be a U.S.A citizen even IF having multinational citizenship which is very possible in any number of scenerio's. Multiple citizenship is NOT a crime or a disqualification to be president.
That opinion may not be inarguable but it is still my position.
So again, I am not understanding of your response to my previous post.
On please

Cleveland, OH

#28630 May 22, 2014
People ought to put this birth certificate thing to rest. Need to worry about our president making America the laughing stock of the world. He has numerous scandals he keeps covering up and a media who thinks he walks on water. He finds out about VA wrongdoing in the paper. Bengazi is another scandal. Does he have a sign on his desk that says "the buck stops here". I doubt it
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#28631 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems I'm not too alone in this country either.
Hey, you're actually right about something for a change. This country has no shortage of ignorant, self destructive cavemen who aren't sharp enough to do anything but drive trucks for a living. And you don't have insurance because you gleefully bent over like a lil b!tch for the boss man, then bought into the lame "It's ALL a Muslim guy's fault" blame game...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28632 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

FULL QUESTION:
I understand John McCain was born in Panama. Doesn’t that make him ineligible to be president? I thought the Constitution said you had to have been born in a state.
FULL ANSWER:
John McCain’s father was an admiral in the U.S. Navy who was stationed in Panama in 1936, when McCain was born. This has led to speculation as to whether McCain is a U.S. citizen and whether he can be elected president, a question that was raised during McCain’s run for the Republican nomination in 2000 as well.
But McCain is a natural-born citizen, even though he was not born within this country’s borders, since his parents were citizens at the time of his birth. As a congressional act stated in 1790:
Congress: "And the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens."
Another congressional act in 1795 issued a similar assurance, though it changed the language from "natural born citizen" to "citizen."
But the State Department clarifies the issue, saying that the 1790 language is honored under section 301(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
This is not the first time the question has been broached in a presidential election. Fellow Arizonian Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona territory before it was a state. And Mitt Romney’s father, George, ran for president in 1968, though he was born in Mexico. Like McCain, both were born to U.S. citizens and, therefore, considered to be American citizens.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/john-mccains...
Here's the part of the "FULL ANSWER" that you didn't post:

"This is not the first time the question has been broached in a presidential election. Fellow Arizonian Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona territory before it was a state. And Mitt Romney’s father, George, ran for president in 1968, though he was born in Mexico. Like McCain, both were born to U.S. citizens and, therefore, considered to be American citizens.

However, both of those candidates were unsuccessful in their bids – and so a smidgen of uncertainty remains. If McCain wins the presidency, the constitutionality of these congressional statutes could be challenged in the courts. Members of Congress have expressed this fear and proposed a more explicit law, or even a Constitutional amendment. Neither has been adopted."

Like I said the first time, unless McCain decides to run again, this technical point is moot.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28633 May 22, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Facts to assert what assertion?
You claimed that Obama was at fault because he did not respond quickly enough to those who claimed that he was not a US citizen.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I was not & am NOT a 'Birther' but Yes, it was a waste of time, The waste of time was created by someone NOT being forthcoming from the start & that was Mr Transparent./QUOTE]

When I saw this I asked you for facts to justify that assertion, that Obama was not forthcoming about the details of his birth. I posted a link that showed that Obama had released his birth certificate during the Democratic primaries in 2008. Instead of providing facts, you just doubled down on asserting "it was Obama's fault":

[QUOTE who="Pops"]<quote d text>
I will say that Obama did NOT clarify his nation of birth or there would have been NO 'news' story to perpetuate.
Beyond releasing his birth certificate in 2008, what do you think Obama could have done to placate those that were spreading lies about him?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28634 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No..... I did not sign up because I don't have the money to afford the insurance offered in Commie Care. It seems I'm not to alone in this country either.
Then you need to either reset your spending priorities get another job so that you can afford health insurance. You are making an unfortunate mistake.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28635 May 22, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So when you insinuated that questioning DumBama's citizen ship was due to his skin color was not juvenile and dumb?
No, my assertion may be wrong, but it's not "juvenile" or "dumb." Making fun of someone's name or physical characteristics is something that most folks quit doing after grade school. That's why it's regarded as "juvenile" behavior. It is a "dumb" thing to do because it makes others think less of you, and inclines them to disregard your opinions. Is that what you want?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#28636 May 23, 2014
On please wrote:
People ought to put this birth certificate thing to rest. Need to worry about our president making America the laughing stock of the world. He has numerous scandals he keeps covering up and a media who thinks he walks on water. He finds out about VA wrongdoing in the paper. Bengazi is another scandal. Does he have a sign on his desk that says "the buck stops here". I doubt it
He's fairly well regarded here in Western Europe and in the South East Asian cities I visit the most often (Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, HK) for work. Rather than making the US a laughingstock in these areas, his presidency has really seemed to raise the status of America and Americans, making it significantly easier to live, work and travel overseas as an American, over the previous administration.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28637 May 23, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my assertion may be wrong, but it's not "juvenile" or "dumb." Making fun of someone's name or physical characteristics is something that most folks quit doing after grade school. That's why it's regarded as "juvenile" behavior. It is a "dumb" thing to do because it makes others think less of you, and inclines them to disregard your opinions. Is that what you want?
I could care less what anybody thinks of my opinions. They are what they are.

And my opinion is that using this "black" thing is no different than using insults like juvenile or dumb. It's just a feeble attempt to stop people from making fun of your King. But the reverse psychology method never worked on me. I can see right through it. Then again, maybe you don't even realize why you are using it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28638 May 23, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you need to either reset your spending priorities get another job so that you can afford health insurance. You are making an unfortunate mistake.
I should do that because your President ruined everything for me? What else should I be expected to do because a Dictator took over the White House? Maybe sell my car and take public transportation?

When slime like DumBama takes things away from you, you don't cower, you fight back, and that's what we plan on doing this next election. I will do everything in my power to explain to voters what Democrats are all about and the hardships they create for the honest, productive, and responsible people.

"LIberals believe that if you create money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#28640 May 23, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I should do that because your President ruined everything for me? What else should I be expected to do because a Dictator took over the White House? Maybe sell my car and take public transportation?
When slime like DumBama takes things away from you, you don't cower, you fight back, and that's what we plan on doing this next election. I will do everything in my power to explain to voters what Democrats are all about and the hardships they create for the honest, productive, and responsible people.
"LIberals believe that if you create money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell
If he is really a King or Dictator as you always claim, he would have that thing you call a head chopped off a long ago. It seems like you were born with a huge birth defect, the buttocks ended up on the shoulders. Hence the term that fits you, s_it for brains.
Helen Roper

Columbus, OH

#28641 May 23, 2014
This next election is going to be a huge eye opener to this failed administration and all its cronies. A referendum. These morons have continued to say it's Bush's fault, a and they are 5 and a half years in! For Christ's sake, Elizabeth Warren, the loathsome senator from Massive-two-shits recent changed her tune. Instead of blaming Bush, she's decided to blame Reagan! Blame Obama. He's been a total failure. Oh, and since Warren is Native American, 1/132, I propose her new name be "Chief Full of Shit". Ttfn.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28642 May 23, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I should do that because your President ruined everything for me? What else should I be expected to do because a Dictator took over the White House? Maybe sell my car and take public transportation?
When slime like DumBama takes things away from you, you don't cower, you fight back, and that's what we plan on doing this next election. I will do everything in my power to explain to voters what Democrats are all about and the hardships they create for the honest, productive, and responsible people.
"LIberals believe that if you create money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell
That's right! When the elected president of the United States of America digs us out of your 8 year GW Bush fiasco, hound dogs like you fight him tooth and nail. Now when boss man snaps his fingers and says jump however, you jump and then roll over on your back like a corporate fetch boy. You fight that brave battle against your own interests. The rest of this thriving nation will gleefully leave you and yours in the past.

Nice quote by a radical Tea Bagger, by the way.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28643 May 23, 2014
Helen Roper wrote:
This next election is going to be a huge eye opener to this failed administration and all its cronies. A referendum. These morons have continued to say it's Bush's fault, a and they are 5 and a half years in! For Christ's sake, Elizabeth Warren, the loathsome senator from Massive-two-shits recent changed her tune. Instead of blaming Bush, she's decided to blame Reagan! Blame Obama. He's been a total failure. Oh, and since Warren is Native American, 1/132, I propose her new name be "Chief Full of Shit". Ttfn.
So you are saying that Bush's meaningless war has already been paid off? Thanks for giving us that inside information. The fact that the country's middle class began crumbling under the Conservative hero who raised taxes 7 times and who negotiated with terrorists, Ronnie "Where am I?" Reagan, must be due to that clog in the trickle down line. Darn them Liberals!
Canton

Canton, OH

#28644 May 23, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I should do that because your President ruined everything for me? What else should I be expected to do because a Dictator took over the White House? Maybe sell my car and take public transportation?
When slime like DumBama takes things away from you, you don't cower, you fight back, and that's what we plan on doing this next election. I will do everything in my power to explain to voters what Democrats are all about and the hardships they create for the honest, productive, and responsible people.
"LIberals believe that if you create money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell
"Waaaah waaaaah. The president took my health insurance away" said the person who chose not to sign up for health insurance, got a raise, and then lied about not being able to afford it.

Let's take a look at the pay difference between the working class and the "job creators" over the years and then re-read your quote from Tea Bagger boy. Wow. Boss man's wages have grown exponentially, yet the working man's has flatlined for decades. Oopsie. Them facts make Ken look like a greedy corporate mouthpiece. Hey, at least he's rich enough for his greed driven agenda to make sense. Truck drivers who support the same agenda? Not so much.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28645 May 23, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So there you have it. McCain's citizenship was in question in regards to becoming President by the left. His father wasn't some radical from another country, his father was serving our country when they had a child. Two American parents having an American child overseas that became a POW fighting for our country as well.
Of course we can't criticize DumBama. We can't call names, we can't give him a dirty look, we can't even make comments about his wife. Why? Because anything negative about DumBama is racist.
Not everything negative about Obama is racist, just the racist stuff is.
Duh

Mount Victory, OH

#28646 May 23, 2014
Helen Roper wrote:
This next election is going to be a huge eye opener to this failed administration and all its cronies. A referendum. These morons have continued to say it's Bush's fault, a and they are 5 and a half years in! For Christ's sake, Elizabeth Warren, the loathsome senator from Massive-two-shits recent changed her tune. Instead of blaming Bush, she's decided to blame Reagan! Blame Obama. He's been a total failure. Oh, and since Warren is Native American, 1/132, I propose her new name be "Chief Full of Shit". Ttfn.
. Hey Helen, bet your Catholic, and the priest are good guys, but you never let the kids out of your sight, when your there! Right? LOL. LOL. Vote like you are instructed, you will be good! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peninsula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Cisar - pedophille trash ! Apr 14 rjr 4
Review: R.B. Thomas Electric Co., Inc. Mar 24 J Varga 1
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Feb '15 spisc1955 31
News A Cleveland Yankee in Serbia's court explains h... Feb '15 serbs steal steadily 1
News Kitten rescued from drainage pipe by Roto-Roote... (Jul '08) Feb '15 Elsanna 3
A craigslist posting Feb '15 jumpsuitELVIS 2
News The Dead to rise Friday the 13th at the Newport Feb '15 Big Johnson 1
More from around the web

Peninsula People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]