Sheriff Tells Mexico To Pay Up

Sheriff Tells Mexico To Pay Up

There are 5 comments on the Immigration Watchdog story from May 17, 2006, titled Sheriff Tells Mexico To Pay Up. In it, Immigration Watchdog reports that:

Out of ideas and low on cash one cold morning, the man with the biggest badge in town put his meaty fingers on a keyboard and tapped out a letter to the leader of Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Immigration Watchdog.

Brenda in Salem Oregon

Salem, OR

#1 May 19, 2006
Hi.. good for you.. I agree.. send them a bill.. thanks to you for letting people know how expensive this matter is and why are we putting up with it? I hope to live in Pendleton soon and it will be a pleasure to meet you and your office ... Brenda
sarah miller

Kirkland, WA

#2 May 23, 2006
because we like to eat the food that they plant and tend and harvast for us, and enjoy the products and services of their hard labor. Think about it.
Courtney

Seattle, WA

#3 May 24, 2006
Being a former resident of Northeast Oregon, I find that the request made by Mr. Trumbo was and is flat out crazy. The attempt to bill a country that obviously had no hand in the crimes committed by it's citizens, is not only absurd, but it reflects poorly on the area that the Sheriff serves.
frank

Hermiston, OR

#4 May 30, 2006
we should start by asking the senate and the representatives to add provisions in the imigration bill to cover these issues ,if you committe a crime you will serve time in your country and taking the processing cost out of the international foreign aid or taxing the money going back in to that country
dirtbikejones

Since: Dec 05

United States

#5 Jun 8, 2006
frank wrote:
we should start by asking the senate and the representatives to add provisions in the imigration bill to cover these issues ,if you committe a crime you will serve time in your country and taking the processing cost out of the international foreign aid or taxing the money going back in to that country
GOOD IDEA, We should take the aid money for Mexico to pay for the crimes some of its citizens commit here in the US. Something needs to be done for those who commit crimes here and are illegal. For those who do not commit crimes and are solid people they need to have work visa or become citizens. Most have no problem with the good people of Mexico but we have no use for the ones who commit crimes here in the good ole USA! Please lets keep the USA a clean, safe, friendly place to live and work!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pendleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to find the cruising spot around hermiston Sep '16 That guy 1
News Council Bans Pot Smell, Guy Asks It to Ban Farts (May '15) Aug '16 openmind 5
Review: Pendleton Southgate Realty (Mar '09) Nov '15 upset renter 26
Local Politics Do you approve of Greg Walden as Representative? (Apr '12) Aug '14 Kitten 7
Grady Lane Grigsby Hicks (Mar '14) Mar '14 Curious 1
Community safe meeting challenge (Jan '14) Jan '14 TRRayce 1
Review: Arne's Sewer & Septic Service (Nov '13) Nov '13 James Baird 1

Pendleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pendleton Mortgages