Grand jury refuses to indict officer

Aug 26, 2008 Read more: Athens Banner-Herald

Pendergrass police Lt. Bill Garner writes a ticket last year in his patrol car on U.S. Highway 129 in Pendergrass.

Read more

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#1 Nov 16, 2008
Sounds to me like the Jefferson officer is the one who needed to be investigated. I know Pendergrass has a reputation for being a speed trap. However the way to avoid that problem is simple. Obey the speed limits.
Chalk1up

Dalton, GA

#2 Nov 18, 2008
This was an unusual case in that the officer was found innocent. Too often the police, especially in small cities, have too much power and abuse the authority they were given. Any time someone’s human rights are placed second to the truth then it is too many times. An allegation, true or false, as this one should be investigated to the fullest. Obviously there was enough evidence on the camera for an investigation by GBI to take place. On the flip side Jefferson has too many problems as it is. They need an administration that will clean house from the bottom up to the manager. Try calling Jefferson administration to get information about something. You will not get the answer. They are simply hanging on..
flame on a candle

Gainesville, GA

#3 Nov 22, 2008
I know few people who has driven throught the town of Jefferson, and not recived a ticket of some kind. There are several speed traps. For example, there will be a construction zone, where the speed limit lowers and the price of a ticket drops, but no construction in sight. Just one, single, solitary, lonely, little orange cone.
There is undoubtedly some shady buisness going on up there. So be aware of the risk when you drive through the city of Jefferson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pendergrass Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Jefferson, GA (Jul '10) Mar 24 cpt obvious 29
maysville IGA & dollar store Feb '15 kafay1234 1
ive had enough of Tripp Feb '15 sam 3
maysville is a speed trap (Dec '07) Feb '15 someone 27
Couple arrested after juvenile claims she was g... Jan '15 pink 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Tom Graves as Representative? (Mar '12) Jan '15 Last Man Standing 6
News Growler stations, craft breweries on the rise i... Dec '14 redimix 1
More from around the web

Pendergrass People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]