Police: Price Township man fired rifl...

Police: Price Township man fired rifle at Jehovah's Witnesses talking to wife

There are 45 comments on the Pocono Record story from May 1, 2011, titled Police: Price Township man fired rifle at Jehovah's Witnesses talking to wife. In it, Pocono Record reports that:

A Monroe County man this morning fired a handgun at five Jehovah's Witnesses who he said took too long to leave his Price Township property, according to state police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pocono Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 May 1, 2011
This is not a good time to knock on doors uninvited by anyone.Shooting at them may be extreme but so is not leaving when asked.Five people pulling up to your house, none of whom you know is a cause for alarm.
Shirley

Hazleton, PA

#2 May 1, 2011
AunieEm2 wrote:
This is not a good time to knock on doors uninvited by anyone.Shooting at them may be extreme but so is not leaving when asked.Five people pulling up to your house, none of whom you know is a cause for alarm.
I find it hard to believe they didn't leave when asked.I get them at my house frequently,I just say to them "not interested" and they leave.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 May 1, 2011
I agree, I think the homeowner was a bit trigger happy. Their story has to be exaggerated to justify their overblown reaction. However, all those bible thumpers need to get a real job and stop pushing their beliefs onto others.
Shirley

Hazleton, PA

#4 May 1, 2011
slush wrote:
I agree, I think the homeowner was a bit trigger happy. Their story has to be exaggerated to justify their overblown reaction. However, all those bible thumpers need to get a real job and stop pushing their beliefs onto others.
That would be a big 1004!LOL
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#5 May 1, 2011
it is sad but in this time five people pulling up to a home told to leave and they do not...(yes some will leave fast others will keep talking)

stop going door to door. they ignore no soliciting and no trespassing signs. when you tell them you are of another religion they don't care.

i think there is more to this than what the jws are saying i am sure there will be more on this.

Location hidden

#6 May 1, 2011
Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a big 1004!LOL
I'll give you one guess who judged your post. tee hee.
Shirley

Hazleton, PA

#7 May 1, 2011
slush wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you one guess who judged your post. tee hee.
I'm so loved on this forum,I would guess it's 1 of 3.Isn't it refreshing that you know who is gone?Oops,now he'll probably show up saying he just got back from vacation.

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#8 May 1, 2011
I just answer the door naked, they leave right away.

Effort

#9 May 1, 2011
slush wrote:
They are on what I believe is called their 'mission' part of church requirements.
Shirley

Hazleton, PA

#10 May 1, 2011
fistv wrote:
I just answer the door naked, they leave right away.
omg,I never thought of that,maybe the next time I'll do the same and invite them in for a spot of tea.Do ya think they would accept the offer?

Location hidden

#11 May 1, 2011
Don't do that! You'll never get rid of them. Just tell them you are a devil worshipper and send them on their way.

Location hidden

#12 May 1, 2011
Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so loved on this forum,I would guess it's 1 of 3.Isn't it refreshing that you know who is gone?Oops,now he'll probably show up saying he just got back from vacation.
Yeah, now if only 'goodie' lady would do the same.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 May 2, 2011
No trespassing signs posted. He says he fired at the ground at least 60 feet away from them. Maybe these doorknockers will get the point and lay off. Are trespassing charges pending as well?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#14 May 2, 2011
hennypennyhag wrote:
No trespassing signs posted. He says he fired at the ground at least 60 feet away from them. Maybe these doorknockers will get the point and lay off. Are trespassing charges pending as well?
These two women were not trespassing.

It is a real coward who pulls a gun on two unarmed women for talking about God.

Location hidden

#15 May 2, 2011
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
These two women were not trespassing.
It is a real coward who pulls a gun on two unarmed women for talking about God.
They were trespassing. They were in his driveway, he told them to get off his property. Not a coward. They had no legitimate business being there. And anymore, I don't assume anyone is unarmed. Stay off my lawn...

Effort

#16 May 2, 2011
First off I agree, he was stupid and firing a weapon is a bad a very bad thing to do except under the most dire conditions. As far as having 'No Trespassing' signs posted and people ignoring them that too is wrong. It was a bad combination of events between a death, job loss, heart attack, etc, sometimes it just takes one little push to shove someone over the edge. Not justifying it but the JH'ers can be pushey and a passive aggressive way.

Location hidden

#17 May 2, 2011
Henny, if we had to worry about getting shot everytime we approached someones home, what kind of world would that be to live in?

Although Jehovah witnesses are usually an unwelcome visitor - getting shot at shows an anger management issue with the homeowner. There weere so many other options he could have used to get them to leave. I just don't answer the door when they come around and nobody gets hurt.

Location hidden

#18 May 2, 2011
slush wrote:
Henny, if we had to worry about getting shot everytime we approached someones home, what kind of world would that be to live in?
Although Jehovah witnesses are usually an unwelcome visitor - getting shot at shows an anger management issue with the homeowner. There weere so many other options he could have used to get them to leave. I just don't answer the door when they come around and nobody gets hurt.
The kind of world we are living in. I don't worry about approaching anyone's home because I don't do it unless I an welcome and/or expected.

Yep, the guy shouldn't have fired his weapon, BUT, it was on his property and they had no right to be there, especially after being told to leave. You can hide in your home, that is your right, I am not going to lay down and let strangers approach my house. There have been too many home invasions and robberies for my liking to just let people I don't know near me or mine.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2011
hennypennyhag wrote:
<quoted text>
They were trespassing. They were in his driveway, he told them to get off his property. Not a coward. They had no legitimate business being there. And anymore, I don't assume anyone is unarmed. Stay off my lawn...
They certainly did have legitimate business there. You should check what your law says.

It is about living in a "free country". That includes the freedom to preach about God without being molested by some psycho with a gun.

Location hidden

#20 May 2, 2011
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly did have legitimate business there. You should check what your law says.
It is about living in a "free country". That includes the freedom to preach about God without being molested by some psycho with a gun.
You can preach all day long on public property or at your Hall. Stay off my property. Seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pen Argyl Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA sucks (Jan '07) Jun 14 Pagrunt 12
Stroudsburg Topix is DEAD (Sep '16) May '17 Dancing In The St... 2
OFFICIAL Eric Frein (white Chris Dorner) Discus... (Sep '14) May '17 Dancing In The St... 84
News Upper Mount Bethel Police: No Ifs, Ands Or Buts... (Mar '08) Apr '17 Highlander 10
East Bangor Dumping... (Jun '16) Apr '17 Nhugs 4
News Allentown finds hope in state grant to boost 7t... (Apr '07) Mar '17 silly rabbit 34
News Hillclimb attracts 100 cars from 10... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Black Creek Junction 1

Pen Argyl Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pen Argyl Mortgages