Dutch Dancing

Full story: WHOtv 35
The town of Pella is celebrating the 75th Tulip Time this weekend. Festivities start today, but, they're really looking forward to setting a world record Saturday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#1 May 6, 2010
My husband don't care for Pella. Cause Pella windows don't use rail service.
And we stopped at one of the restaurants there & no hostess came to greet & seat us, so we walk-out.
And if you can bake your own letters-dough (Des moines Register) why bother stopping there to eat.
college student

Davenport, IA

#2 May 6, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
My husband don't care for Pella. Cause Pella windows don't use rail service.
And we stopped at one of the restaurants there & no hostess came to greet & seat us, so we walk-out.
And if you can bake your own letters-dough (Des moines Register) why bother stopping there to eat.
I doesn't think that makes sense.
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#3 May 6, 2010
You mean, that doesn't make sense!

Yes it does.

Pella Windows doesn't use rail service. My husband is in the railroad industry.

Pella is not like thee Amana's!
Amana usually get buses first touring the Colonies before heading to Pella.
No trains

Pella, IA

#4 May 6, 2010
What ! there are no trains coming into Pella. Those tracks were tore out years ago when the bypass was built. Someone needs to get the story straight.
Nancy

Austin, TX

#5 May 6, 2010
In Pella, if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much...
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#6 May 6, 2010
We just don't support Pella. Even if the Train tracks were gone yrs ago. We don't support them!
just me

Norwalk, IA

#7 May 6, 2010
Everyone, enjoy the beauty of Pella~~~
LOL

Baxter, IA

#8 May 6, 2010
Pella sucks. Full of nut job cult members.
You Do Not Make Sense

Grimes, IA

#9 May 6, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
My husband don't care for Pella. Cause Pella windows don't use rail service.
And we stopped at one of the restaurants there & no hostess came to greet & seat us, so we walk-out.
And if you can bake your own letters-dough (Des moines Register) why bother stopping there to eat.
As College Student said, your comment makes no sense. It looks like a 3rd grader wrote it, but obviously you didn't understand that. They wrote incorrectly to MAKE FUN of the fact that your comment was written so horribly. Secondly, why would Pella Windows use rail service when they don't even have a depot or current usable line there? Does your husband boycott all the other industries or companies that don't use rail service too? There's thousands of them. Heck, if you shop at just about any store like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Hy Vee, etc. in any town (even those that have depots) they use trucks, not rail service! What a stupid reason to not like a town. If you are so against Pella in the first place, why bother reading an article about it anyway? Maybe you and your husband would be better off going to the library to read about the rail service so you know what you are talking about or taking a class on how to write English.
GoHawks

Grimes, IA

#10 May 6, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
We just don't support Pella. Even if the Train tracks were gone yrs ago. We don't support them!
LMAO, you don't like Pella Windows so you don't support a town - most of which doesn't have anything to do with Pella Windows? What the hell are you talking about woman?!?! Like others on here have said, "YOU MAKE NO SENSE!" You're the one that came on here and said you don't like them because they don't use rail service, and now you say you don't care if there aren't any tracks there? So, what do you propose? They start their own railroad line? You're an idiot. Go back to whatever rock you live under.
yetti78

Spencer, IA

#11 May 6, 2010
what about orange city and their tulip festival
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#12 May 6, 2010
Quit calling me names. And my husband has every right to not support the town of Pella.
Knock it off!
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#13 May 6, 2010
Yes! Orange City is a nice area up there. What about them??
My cousin went to college in Orange City.
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#14 May 6, 2010
You, as a college student, trying to educate my husband, who makes a 6 digit number??
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#15 May 6, 2010
Replying to LOL:

Thee Iowa Interstate Railroad didn't build a track by TPI in Newton, so their not serving them either. And TPI is laying off. So much for wind-turbines.
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#16 May 6, 2010
Reply to GoHawks:

If you read my post. My husband & I went to a restaurant in Pella. No hostess came to greet us or seat us. So we walked-out.
You won't find that in thee Amana's. They make sure you are well taking care of when you dine-out.
So don't call me a idiot, when it comes to tourism.
You don't know what you're talking about.
And neither does that college student.
Rebecca Hergert

Des Moines, IA

#17 May 7, 2010
Reply to you do not make sense:

Do you really think you'll get a high paying job with a college degree in this economy??
Better wait in line like everyone else at Iowa Workforce Development.
Don't sit there & harrass me about not supporting Pella, when you'll probably be waiting tables in Pella for min. wage!!! Cause that's all there is left is tourism & min. wage jobs & they don't pay.
dave

Clinton, IA

#18 May 7, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
My husband don't care for Pella. Cause Pella windows don't use rail service.
And we stopped at one of the restaurants there & no hostess came to greet & seat us, so we walk-out.
And if you can bake your own letters-dough (Des moines Register) why bother stopping there to eat.
Where is Ogden, Iowa? Do they have rail service there? If not the you should boycot there also. If you were not seated you should have asked somoeone why. Some resturants do not have hostesses and have a sign that says seat yourself. So if you expect special treatment, Pella is not the place for you anyway. We are self reliant hardworking people and I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't think I will be visiting Ogden, Iowa in the future because it's citizens are rude.

PS. You lost your dignity when you posted non-sense and used bad grammar. Oh, I'm glad you can bake your own "letters-dough", cause any simpleton can follow a simple recipe.
You Do Not Make Sense

Grimes, IA

#19 May 7, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
Reply to you do not make sense:
Do you really think you'll get a high paying job with a college degree in this economy??
Better wait in line like everyone else at Iowa Workforce Development.
Don't sit there & harrass me about not supporting Pella, when you'll probably be waiting tables in Pella for min. wage!!! Cause that's all there is left is tourism & min. wage jobs & they don't pay.
Wow,I just thought your writing was horrible, but I guess you can't read either. When did I say I didn't have a job or that I live in Pella? Oh, that's right, I never did! I'm employed and live in Ankeny.

No one is harassing you because you don't "support Pella", it's because your grammar and spelling is so horrible your comments don't even make sense! If you don't live in Pella, why would you "support" them anyway? That doesn't even make sense. Who supports a town you don't live in? Just because you go to Tulip Time or stop at a restaurant in some town doesn't mean you "support" a city. It means you want to go do something for fun or you're hungry.

You had a bad experience at a restaurant and you don't like one of the companies in Pella (supposedly because they don't use rail service - that doesn't even exist!!!) so you want to bad mouth a whole town and you think people aren't going to respond to you? So, I take it you've NEVER had this same issue with any other town in your life? Or do you boycott every town where that happens? Geez, I'd have to boycott nearly every town in the state if that were the case!

Why are you even talking about jobs in Pella? The article doesn't have anything to do with LIVING in Pella, nor has anyone one here talked about it - just you. No one has told you that you need to live there, shop there, eat there or anything else. But since you brought it up... what great jobs are people flocking to in Ogden??? 90% of the state has small towns with few great jobs - that's why people COMMUTE, duh. Is there a restaurant in Ogden? If you can't get a job in Ogden and you have a bad experience at a restaurant there, are we going to see you posting comments that you don't support Ogden??? Oh, that's right, you don't actually answer any sensible questions, you just reply with more nonsense that has the spelling and grammar of an 8 year old.
GoHawks

Grimes, IA

#20 May 7, 2010
Rebecca Hergert wrote:
Reply to GoHawks:
If you read my post. My husband & I went to a restaurant in Pella. No hostess came to greet us or seat us. So we walked-out.
You won't find that in thee Amana's. They make sure you are well taking care of when you dine-out.
So don't call me a idiot, when it comes to tourism.
You don't know what you're talking about.
And neither does that college student.
Everyone read your post, and everyone agrees that you can't spell or write to save your life. It doesn't make any sense to anyone but yourself. Since you can't spell or read, there probably was a sign at the restaurant that said "Seat Yourself" as many restaurants have, but you couldn't read it (or, as you've ignored most of what people have been telling you on here, you probably just ignored the sign and expected special service). I've been to the Amanas hundreds of times since I was a kid, and we have had PLENTY of bad experiences at the restaurants there. However, I'm not going to go badmouth the area or the people who live there just because of something so stupid like that. Funny, you complain that there is nothing but tourism in Pella, and yet, that's one of the main industries for the Amanas and you find nothing wrong with that.

I called you an idiot because you can't spell or write and your comments in response to what people are saying are so off-topic from what they were talking about that no one understands what the hell you are saying. It had nothing to do with your "idea" of toursim. Besides, I think I do know a little bit about tourism, considering I have worked for several tourism boards across the country (Montana, Wisconsin, Tennessee, and my favorite - Colorado) and owned my own group of tourguide buses when living in NYC in the 90's. I now live in Iowa City and organize trips for high school and college students to NY, London, Frankfurt and Vienna. I'd advise you not to travel to any of those places though - most of the local small restaurants won't greet or seat you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just looking (Nov '13) Nov '13 bigdogff 1
wow check th is one out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Isaac Parmantier 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Pella, IA (Jan '12) Mar '13 come on now 3
Republican right weeps over Obama's victory - t... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Latino Voter 2
Pella woman's loans cost her friends a total of... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Disgusting 1
Conservatives Remember Andrew Breitbart (Mar '12) Jul '12 Rise 3
Iowa Man Arrested on Child Pornography Charges (Aug '08) May '12 Zakk Russell son 3
Pella Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pella People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:28 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:28PM
Kendall Langford Reportedly Released by Rams: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
ESPN 2:24 PM
Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move
Bleacher Report 4:55 PM
Rams Would Waste Opportunity by Not Trading Bradford
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason