Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2008
i my name is anna and i am looking for a job in pelican rapids at west central turky processing plant. any body knows if there are hiring people right now.

Pelican Rapids, MN

#2 Dec 2, 2008
They are always hiring, just call them.
Vergas Fan

Waterloo, IL

#3 Dec 2, 2008
Hi Fred and anna.Do they still have a lot of Mexicans working there.I can remember years ago all the problems caused when they brought in a bunch to work there.

Pelican Rapids, MN

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Yes, I would say that probably 75% of the workforce is from another country. There are few if any problems any more as the community has worked to welcome them and help them to feel welcome.
Vergas Fan

Waterloo, IL

#5 Dec 13, 2008
Thats good news.It's good to hear success stories.What happened to the peoples jobs that they took?.Was always curious about how that worked.I have vacationed in your area since I was 10...55 now.Always felt Vergas,and the surrounding area like a 2nd home.I farm here in southern Illinois,just across the riverfrom St Louis.My wife has taken me to Florida..Colorado..Las Vegas...but if I only had one week of vacation a year...I'm coming to Vergas.In July and August anyway.Have never been there in the winter.

Pelican Rapids, MN

#6 Dec 14, 2008
The true fact of the matter is that the local people don't seem to want the jobs. I am sure that there would be plenty of available jobs for anyone local or from abroad. As far as coming here in the winter, today we are enjoying the first blizzard of the season. The temp. is -3 with the wind chill at -30. Currently you can only see about 15 feet in front of you!
Vergas Fan

Waterloo, IL

#7 Dec 14, 2008
Thats another good point Fred.Seems the kids around here want to start out at 50,000 a year and would not think about hard physical work.As a farmer I know what it takes to work hard and try to get by on what I make.My daughter has already been to Mexico son has cars that I never had..but they always are short on cash.Hard to figure sometimes.That cold front is just coming through St Louis now.It's a little past midnight and the temperture dropped 30 degrees in a couple of hours.Was about 60 today.Expecting ice towards morning.Could be an easy day at the quarry.Everything freezes up.Thinking the cabin on loon lake could be a little uncomfortable right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pelican Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelican Rapids Music Thread (May '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 16
News Dent house destroyed by fire (Jan '12) Jan '12 maddie 1
News Lucille Tunheim, 88, of Pelican Rapids (Sep '11) Sep '11 from Susan-Thomas... 1
News Victim identified in fatal accident (Aug '11) Aug '11 einar zetter-----... 1
News Paul Pfeifle, 54, of Pelican Rapids (Aug '11) Aug '11 Jeri Anderson Cra... 1
Jesse Antonio Payan (Aug '11) Aug '11 Jaime 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4

Pelican Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pelican Rapids Mortgages