Probe rules out Christmas decorations...

Probe rules out Christmas decorations as cause of Pelham Manor house fire

There are 6 comments on the The Patent Trader story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Probe rules out Christmas decorations as cause of Pelham Manor house fire. In it, The Patent Trader reports that:

Westchester County fire investigators and the Pelham Manor fire chief have ruled out Christmas decorations as the cause of a blaze that destroyed a large 2 1/2-story wood-frame home New Year's Eve, displacing a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Patent Trader.

674 Esplanade Avenue

New York, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2009
RE: Fire 12/31/08 – On going fire investigation.
This is a very sorry case and I feel so bad that this really happen for the family and I am very happy no one got hurt or was in the house, but…. I had to go there today (1/3/09) to check this out for myself and this is what came to mind… This is very strange…
I've been seeing a lot lately about the impact of these bailouts to the economy, with many pundits predicting future inflation once the current round of deflation eases as inventories of homes, cars and other goods are absorbed and financial deleveraging continues.
I have also seeing homes being burned to the ground for insurances money lately. This is not the first time I am hearing about homes being burned to the ground. Could this be a home that's been seized by a bank, for non-payment of loans?
After all the family of six living there home on New Year’s Eve? The owner moved in 10 years ago.
Does the brad winner(s) still have his/her job before the fire?
Maybe the Westchester County fire investigators and the Pelham Manor fire chief Joseph Ruggiero should check all this out….
Good work Pelham Manor Fire Dept. and to the Volunteers. in 3 minutes! On New Year’s Eve! GREAT JOB!!!
(BillyNYC)
Pelham Manor Fire

New York, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2009
RE: Pelham Manor Fire New Years Eve at 674 Esplanade Avenue - Pelham Manor.

The Westchester County fire investigators and the Pelham Manor fire chief Joseph Ruggiero should check all this out I was thinking the same thing before reading about it here "insurances money".
An informed neighbor

Woburn, MA

#3 Jan 4, 2009
674 Esplanade Avenue wrote:
RE: Fire 12/31/08 – On going fire investigation.
This is a very sorry case and I feel so bad that this really happen for the family and I am very happy no one got hurt or was in the house, but…. I had to go there today (1/3/09) to check this out for myself and this is what came to mind… This is very strange…
I've been seeing a lot lately about the impact of these bailouts to the economy, with many pundits predicting future inflation once the current round of deflation eases as inventories of homes, cars and other goods are absorbed and financial deleveraging continues.
I have also seeing homes being burned to the ground for insurances money lately. This is not the first time I am hearing about homes being burned to the ground. Could this be a home that's been seized by a bank, for non-payment of loans?
After all the family of six living there home on New Year’s Eve? The owner moved in 10 years ago.
Does the brad winner(s) still have his/her job before the fire?
Maybe the Westchester County fire investigators and the Pelham Manor fire chief Joseph Ruggiero should check all this out….
Good work Pelham Manor Fire Dept. and to the Volunteers. in 3 minutes! On New Year’s Eve! GREAT JOB!!!
(BillyNYC)
You have got to be kidding. This family is devastated. They loved their home. The kids have lost their "treasured" comforts - like the baby's blanket she carried everywhere but to the party that night, or her brother's well-worn stuffed bear. These are not expensive items, but they are irreplaceable. The father still has a very good job. This is not about insurance. This is about a very, very sad accident for which no one knows the cause. I hope it never happens to anyone else.
An informed neighbor

Woburn, MA

#4 Jan 4, 2009
You have got to be kidding. This family is devastated. They loved their home. The kids have lost their "treasured" comforts - like the baby's blanket she carried everywhere but to the party that night, or her brother's well-worn stuffed bear. These are not expensive items, but they are irreplaceable. The father still has a very good job. This is not about insurance. This is about a very, very sad accident for which no one knows the cause. I hope it never happens to anyone else.
Informed

Boston, MA

#5 Jan 6, 2009
I can't believe this theory is even being entertained. There is no way this family would have purposely destroyed everything that was dear to them and their kids!...including all their photos documenting every child's event...sporting events, birthdays, births, etc.
lil

New York, NY

#6 Feb 4, 2011
hey guys,

the house is almost finished being re built thanks to all of the help.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pelham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Obama Graffiti Vandal to Spend 90 Days... 2 min Clark 12
News Teen Punches 33-Year-Old Co-Worker In Face, Sca... Tue mandy 1
Sexual Scandal (May '10) Sep 17 rainmaker2016 2
New Rochelle (Sep '07) Sep 14 Norm Rosen 3,396
Beach in New Rochelle (Jan '10) Sep 14 Rich 33
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Bronx Sep 13 lystrapersad 5
Destinie Jupin Sep 12 giving free 2 goo... 2

Pelham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance