Sheetz shooting video "Who was in the...

Sheetz shooting video "Who was in the wrong"

Posted in the Pelham Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ICU

North Garden, VA

#1 Aug 15, 2008
The way I saw it.

I thank that the video showes the truth, that Randolph Neal Seamster Jr. was in fact in the wrong. I would think that "SHADOW" owes everyone that he has put down an apoligy, but if not we all know that he is just hiding in the shadows!!!

I pray for the Deputy and his family.

A video does not lie, people do.

Marijuana is illgal, attempting to run over two police officers doing their job is illgal, a police officer doing his or her job not illgal.
HalifaxNative

Winchester, VA

#2 Aug 15, 2008
The video and eye witnesses corroborate the CA's report.

I think everyone agrees that having someone die was the worst possible outcome of that situation, but oftentimes police work escalates quickly and people make the wrong choice. Running after you've been ordered to stop by an officer is always the wrong thing to do.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#3 Aug 15, 2008
Nicely said HalifaxNative :)
Emily

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Aug 15, 2008
Personally, I think it is a little difficult to decide who was in the wrong. After you look at the video, who is to know that the officer told him that he was an officer? If someone approaches your car and starts pulling something out of their pocket, how do you know it's not going to be a gun? I would've taken off too in that situation. Everyone can be easily scared and you don't know what reaction they are going to take. Marijuana is illegal, but does it deserve a gun shot?

There are two sides to every story and I am not saying either one is right. I think an investigation will reveal many details we do not see.

I pray for both families.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#5 Aug 16, 2008
Emily Wrote:

There are two sides to every story and I am not saying either one is right. I think an investigation will reveal many details we do not see.

I will agree Emily, there are tow sides to every story, but a video only has one side, and wittnesses that had nothing to do with what happened between Mr. Seamster and Law Enforcment on that day have give their side of what they saw that day, and well read it like I did, then watch the video.

Please read the out come of the investigation their are eye wittnesses that have come forward that heard and saw what happened on that day you can read the report at

www.halifaxprosecutor.com

The police were not pulling anything out of their pockets their badges were around thier necks and you can see them pulling them out from the top of thier shirts, I did not see them reach for their waist bands, untill after Mr. Seamster started to back the car up in the way that he did almost backing over top of two people on bikes. If anyone can see a gun on the video before the officer that ran around the side of the car, just before the car backed off the screen please point that out to me. He appears to be the first officer to draw his gun and thats not until he had made it around to the drivers side of Mr. Seamsters car, and started getting pushed by the car himself.
citizen

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 16, 2008
I am still waiting for the apology from the family. I am not holding my breath, though.
Acorns don't fall far from their trees.
Halifax Native

Winchester, VA

#7 Aug 16, 2008
Emily, please go read the entire report. Eye witness testimony confirmed that the officers identified themselves verbally and by showing their badges.
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#8 Aug 16, 2008
If you read Ms. Whites report you will see that the officer said that he approached the car, leaned in the window and said "what are you doing, why don't you talk to me" where in his statement do you see the word "police". If you watch the video on www.wsls.com you can see that the man runs to the Neal's car, steps on the bumper and takes aim. If you watch www.Halifax prosceutor.com video you can clearly see Neals hand as he cranks the car and then shifts it into reverse before the man approaches. Now go back to the July 3 the day after, the state police reports that the task force is already at sheetz set up on another drug related mater, now all of a sudden they weren't there at all they had just stopped in for refreashments on their way home. They witness Neal purchase "rolling papers" used for pot, no wait, 6 weeks later they saw him purchase a cigar. They never say they acutally saw him with pot. Ms White also states that Neal just met Cesclie a few days before this happened, but the truth is that he met her the week of JUNE 10 when he went fishing with his dad, the rest of the family was on a trip to Boston and his dad called Neals mom and told her that Neal had just met a girl down there and was going to stay a while, so he took down the license tag number, because they didn' know anything about her. In my calculation that is about 3 weeks not 3 days.
They also state that Neal hit the first cop as he backed away, but in the video, he was never hit nor did he fall to the ground. They also state that they immeadiately got in the car and grabbed a shirt and applyed pressure to the wound, but in the video, Neal was shot at 24 seconds and the cops were all walking around in circles scratching their heads and making phone calls, when the video ended at 1.03 seconds no one had yet to enter the vehicle to try to help him. Exactly when did they really try to help. There are still too many unanswered questions as to what really happened, but I can tell you this, 1st sargent Larry Bishop of the state police told the family that after viewing the sheetz video, it was in his oppinion that "Neal never tried to hit anybody or hurt anybody, he was simply trying to get away from a situation that he was not comfortable with". They family has this on tape. Neal did not know he was a cop, only a stanger who wanted to talk to him. I don't know about you, but the first thing I would have done is back away, just as Neal did. This man admitted in his statement that he said "what are you doing, why don't you talk to me". Neal was already in the process of backing away when he reached for the badge hidden under his shirt. the first words out of this mouth should have been police, we need to talk to you but by his own admission, this is NOT what he said. There are many many inconsistancy in Ms White report.
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#9 Aug 16, 2008
Halifax Native wrote:
Emily, please go read the entire report. Eye witness testimony confirmed that the officers identified themselves verbally and by showing their badges.
Did you read the part were the first officer approced the car and said " what are you doing, why don't you talk to me" where in his statement do you see the word "police" and as a matter of fact, the family has a taped meeting in which first sargent Larry Bishop states that of the 23 wittness he talked with, most all of them heard "stop the car" but non of them (not even 1) heard them say "police".
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#10 Aug 17, 2008
Something else to think about. Everyone is saying that Neal tried to run over those officers. Watch the video again. Neal does not drive up to the sidewalk in order to hit anyone, he is trying to exit the parking lot. When someone is driving, the movement of the car going forward can not be stopped on a dime if someone runs out in front of them (which is exactly what those 2 men did). Tom Lewis runs to the moving vehicle and steps up on the bumper and takes aim, he was not hit at the waist as was reported to the family in the first meeting. Ms White told the family that Tom Lewis was hit at the wiast at high speed and thrown onto the car and that is when the shot was fired (as though it was a accident that the gun went off), that was on the 24th, then on the 28th, Case worker Mike Bryant told the mother that the gun was fired when he was in mid air. They just keep changing their story. They also showed the family a different version of the video than was released to the public. Neal had several brushes with the law in the past, but nothing he did drew the "Death Pentaly"! My mother taught me to never talk to strangers, it is not safe.....and to Neal, Tom Lewis was just a stranger who wanted him to talk to him.
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#11 Aug 17, 2008
Another point...3 of those officers pulled their cel phones from their pockets and called someone...exactly who did they call, it certanily wasn't a ambulance, because one never came. Ms White told the family that after she arived 35 minutes later, she called the ambulance for a portable shield, and that either they didn't have one or they just never showed up...again this is on the family tape.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#12 Aug 17, 2008
One would think that if Mrs. Oliver did not fear the officers that day that Neal would have not feared them, b/c in the report it reads:

"Mocarsky first approached the car. The passenger from the Chevrolet, Ceslie Oliver, got out of
the passenger door and got down on the ground before she was removed from the area. To the
first officer she spoke to on the scene, Ms. Oliver said that she told Mr. Seamster to stop the car,
“but he wouldn’t listen.”

It sounds like you just hear and see what you want to hear and see.
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#13 Aug 17, 2008
ICU wrote:
One would think that if Mrs. Oliver did not fear the officers that day that Neal would have not feared them, b/c in the report it reads:
"Mocarsky first approached the car. The passenger from the Chevrolet, Ceslie Oliver, got out of
the passenger door and got down on the ground before she was removed from the area. To the
first officer she spoke to on the scene, Ms. Oliver said that she told Mr. Seamster to stop the car,
“but he wouldn’t listen.”
It sounds like you just hear and see what you want to hear and see.
you are right, Ms Oliver did get down on the ground because the men had guns pointing at her and were screaming "get down" and had just shot and killed the guy she was with, at that point it is was all over, when the events first started, there were NO guns, and NO badges showing and by Mocarsky's own admission, he DID NOT say Police.. you need to read out loud and listen to what you are reading.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#14 Aug 17, 2008
North Carolina wrote:
you need to read out loud and listen to what you are reading.

And that’s what I did now you can re-read it: "Ms. Oliver said that that she told Mr. Seamster to stop the car, ""but he wouldn't listen."
ICU

North Garden, VA

#15 Aug 17, 2008
If Oliver told Seamster to stop and she did not see a badge and only guns, she is a fool, but I don't think she is a fool, she felt safe enough to tell him to stop while see was seeing the exact same thing that he was seeing, but he disregarded her as well as who I feel she knew were police. One would think that that she would have told him before the shot was fired to stop and that’s when he would "not listen", b/c after the shot was fired it's plain to see that he did in fact stop, and why would she have stated that if she was not trying to end the situation before it got to the point of injuring someone. The video plainly shows Neal driving the car with out regards to anyone’s safety on that parking lot way before the first gun was ever pulled out.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#16 Aug 17, 2008
Everyone that has wrote anything on this forum or any other forum relating this topic knows that your family and friends have lost a love one, and I would think that everyone would have liked to have seen everyone walk away from that day including Neal. No likes to see anyone die, and I will speak for myself I am sorry that you and your family lost Neal. And I am sorry that the situation turned out the way that it did.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#17 Aug 17, 2008
In most cases there are 2 sides to every story, this one has 3: 1. The police/report 2. A video that shows what the report reveled 3. Ms. Oliver.
It seems that a eye wittiness has told you something different than what is posted in the report, and on the video, if not you would see it like we the public saw it on Friday. We are the public and would like to know every detail in the case, and see every second of the video from the time Neal or the police who ever came to the store first until the time that Kim White showed up on the lot, but I don’t think even then the story would change. The only quetions that would answer is did the police render aid, did the ambulance come or not, and what did the medic do when he arrived and how long it took him to get there.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#18 Aug 17, 2008
Questions for North Carolina:

Was Oliver interviewed by the State Police that night?

When you were at the meeting with first sergeant Larry Bishop did he tell you what she said to the State Police?

And if so did what he tell you match what Oliver told you when you talked to her for the first time?
North Carolina

Providence, NC

#19 Aug 18, 2008
ICU wrote:
North Carolina wrote:
you need to read out loud and listen to what you are reading.
And that’s what I did now you can re-read it: "Ms. Oliver said that that she told Mr. Seamster to stop the car, ""but he wouldn't listen."
And at what point did she ask him to stop the car, after he had already backed up, before or after he had already started forward (it would take at least a few seconds to stop and by then Tom Lewis had already "RAN TO THE CAR AND JUMPED UP ON IT, TOOK AIM AND SHOT". You wasn't there no more than I was, and there was no audio,
you know what, I have known this family for 10 or so years. They have lived in Caswell county for 25 years, The family has paid the ultimate price. There are really only 3 people who know what "really" happened. Tom Lewis (who is going to make himself look as good as possilbe), Cesclie (who is 7 months pregnant and hysterical and in shock, and adds and subtracts to her story everytime someone talks to her) and Neal (who we all know is gone and can't say a word to defend his actions), So why don't you shut up.
ICU

North Garden, VA

#20 Aug 18, 2008
North Carolina Wrote:

And at what point did she ask him to stop the car, after he had already backed up, before or after he had already started forward (it would take at least a few seconds to stop and by then Tom Lewis had already "RAN TO THE CAR AND JUMPED UP ON IT, TOOK AIM AND SHOT".

When cop shows are taped live and put on TV like "COPS" any time an officer is dealing with a subject and the subject will not stop doing whatever it is they are doing another officer comes to aid the other police officer with the subject. The tape showes one office run by the front of the car and confront Neal, then it showes Tom Lewis running to assist the officer that was at his window as he started going foward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pelham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supr... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 5
News KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supr... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Mary K Boutwell 1
News North Carolina GOP condemns KKK parade honoring... (Nov '16) Nov '16 GloriusGoodness 2
Looking for my half brother (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jennifer Vaillanc... 1
RIP anthony keene (May '06) Jan '16 Jasmine Mims 29
precilla stone (Feb '15) Mar '15 drama queen 2
Haunted House (Nov '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 2

Pelham Jobs

Personal Finance

Pelham Mortgages