Peekskill's 'The Cove' is Now 'Harbor at Charles Point'

There are 2 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 13, 2012, titled Peekskill's 'The Cove' is Now 'Harbor at Charles Point'. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The general manager, chef and other seasoned staff members at Peekskill's former Cove restaurant, have taken the helm and renamed the waterfront location "Harbor at Charles Point."A "We are ready to move forward and let everyone know we have arrived," said owner operator/general manager Jackie Bufi of Cortlandt Manor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

JILLIAN

New Canaan, CT

#1 Jul 20, 2012
HORRIBLE ,is the only word i can use. we went there with a party of 4 people on saturday night july 14th at 8pm . we sat right away that was the only good thing . the waitress didn't come over for about 15 mins to get our drink orders . we were told at the bar we had to settle our tab before we sat down . the bartender said " we lose the tip if we transfewr it to our table . so we settled up. finished our drinks and sat down. so 15 mins later the waitress takes out orders for drinks and still no menus and we asked for more bread and they said "NO" a flat "NO". they came about 5 mins later with menus. we ordered salads and dinner . took over 30 mins for salads. when they arrived drowned in dressing. brown leaves. now then dinner came about 20 mins after salads were taken away.
sea scallops over cooked like rubber. steak was over cooked mashed potatos had no taste. penne ala vodka was blam & watery . linguini in white clam sause came with cheese! disgusting never had it that way never will.
we asked to speak to manager and some woman came over said she was the owner not to sure name jackie ?. she was rude and told us everyone raves about the food. and she been in the business for over 20 yrs. and she said she a expert in pasta dishes. well we left and will not be back. the place has gone down hill last -5 years .
mike annunziata

Nyack, NY

#2 Aug 13, 2012
JILLIAN wrote:
HORRIBLE ,is the only word i can use. we went there with a party of 4 people on saturday night july 14th at 8pm . we sat right away that was the only good thing . the waitress didn't come over for about 15 mins to get our drink orders . we were told at the bar we had to settle our tab before we sat down . the bartender said " we lose the tip if we transfewr it to our table . so we settled up. finished our drinks and sat down. so 15 mins later the waitress takes out orders for drinks and still no menus and we asked for more bread and they said "NO" a flat "NO". they came about 5 mins later with menus. we ordered salads and dinner . took over 30 mins for salads. when they arrived drowned in dressing. brown leaves. now then dinner came about 20 mins after salads were taken away.
sea scallops over cooked like rubber. steak was over cooked mashed potatos had no taste. penne ala vodka was blam & watery . linguini in white clam sause came with cheese! disgusting never had it that way never will.
we asked to speak to manager and some woman came over said she was the owner not to sure name jackie ?. she was rude and told us everyone raves about the food. and she been in the business for over 20 yrs. and she said she a expert in pasta dishes. well we left and will not be back. the place has gone down hill last -5 years .
Soemthing seems real wrong with this review. I have read all the reviews on Yelp which have been "filtered". Yes, there are more than what you see. I tseems that the good ones are hidden, perhaps because the establishment refuses to advertise on the site. Anyway, I looked at all the reviews and went to the place. Quite frankly, something is wrong with "Jillian" there is way too much negatitivity in her review. It makes me suspect it is bogus and intentionally made to try to hurt the place. I went there and it was great. THe food is uniw=que, reasonable in proce and great. Def. going back again and again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peekskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Thu becky hanke 30
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) May 18 The Ace of Spades 71
verplank deli owner says f__k the U.S. (Dec '12) May 4 DoJ 13
Yorktown Heights Music Selection (Aug '12) Apr 27 Musikologist 13
where is old lyng George Sinzer Apr 27 InflatedEgo 2
News Group Calls For Wider Emergency Response Zone A... Apr '15 Hidden govt info 1
St. Joseph's Home (Jan '14) Dec '14 Margaret Davies 2
More from around the web

Peekskill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]