Hurricane Sandy Roughs Up Yorktown

Hurricane Sandy Roughs Up Yorktown

There are 2 comments on the The Yorktown Daily Voice story from Oct 30, 2012, titled Hurricane Sandy Roughs Up Yorktown. In it, The Yorktown Daily Voice reports that:

Most of the town was without power Tuesday, and many of the roads were blocked by trees or littered with debris.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Yorktown Daily Voice.

Pissed off

West Milford, NJ

#1 Nov 2, 2012
When the hell will Mohegan Lake have power back?

Con Ed is being vague.....and they don't say specifics....
Van Buren St Guy

Yorktown Heights, NY

#2 May 15, 2016
Yorktown township does not have a disaster plan in place, I can go into detail, but it would take too long.... They "claim" they do, but I can tell you they were virtually underprepared for the two severe weather systems of early 2016. Furthermore, the "only" disaster director the town ship had, has moved on.
Concerns like above, would have been handled by an organized and trained disaster team manning a command center.
Shame on Yorktown for not having a true emergency plan in place, especially being in the shadow of Indian Points plume!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peekskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fifth Annual Messiah Sing-Along on 12/4 in Bria... Dec 1 heidigiarlo 1
Ossining Attorney involed in shenanigans? Nov 29 NomoreBS 4
Coyotes in Cortlandt Nov 10 Mike T 1
Clay Tiffany Being Evicted (Aug '10) Oct '16 Insider 36
verplank deli owner says f__k the U.S. (Dec '12) Sep '16 Bailey 15
Camp Oneg (Aug '07) Aug '16 Art 30
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) Aug '16 RELEASED 106

Peekskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peekskill Mortgages