Dude Ranch Peeekskill in the 60s and 70s

Since: Aug 09

AOL

#1138 Nov 8, 2009
Barry Silbersweig wrote:
Seems like your all a bunch of new comers, I worked in the barn from 62 or so till 68. I remember the day Andrew was born, it was cold that... any of you remember Stan the old foreman?
My father had several horses he boarded there, his name was Charlie. in fact i remeber the old barn, that's right, there was a barn before the one you all slept on top of. oh well, your all to young to remember...
oh barry there are some old timers out there like me, im going to put the early pictures up soon rick
laura ward

Freehold, NJ

#1139 Nov 8, 2009
John Curly Gallagher wrote:
Hello Everybody
Just want to say HOWDY
live in Ft. Lauderdale FL.
e-mail is
[email protected]
\\\
HI CURLY DON,T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME, LAURA WARD I WORKED THERE FOR A FEW YEARS WITH MY BEST FRIEND LIZ. YOU GAVE ME THE MONEY TO BUY MY FIRST CAR WHEN I TURNED 16 IT WAS A 1980 FORD MUSTANG AND I PAID YOU BACK ALL SUMMER IT MUST HAVE BEEN 1983 OR 1984. I HAVE THE BEST MEMORIES OF THE RANCH
LAURA WARD
[email protected]
laura ward

Freehold, NJ

#1140 Nov 8, 2009
Robert Fox wrote:
The bar was Connellys. I emailed you. I am planning a trip soon to Fla I will let you know when I'm going and we could hook up. <quoted text>
I THOUGHT THE BAR WAS GENEVAS DOWN BY THE PEEKSKILL RIVER FRONT?
LAURA WARD
laura ward

Freehold, NJ

#1141 Nov 8, 2009
I WORKED AT THE RANCH FROM 1981-1985 I WORKED DAY CAMP THEN SNACK BAR THEN OFFICE THEN DINING ROOM THE WRANGLER WHERE I STAYED TILL THE END. BARN FOREMEN WAS MARRIANNE PARISH AND THEEN JOE SACKEL. ANY ONE FROM THOSE YEARS OUT THERE,
LAURA WARD
laura ward

Freehold, NJ

#1142 Nov 8, 2009
bigmanouch wrote:
We should have a great big reuinon party for all, of us who did r time at the ranch that would be a blast ps still likes to part :)~
Mike its laura ward. u have to remember me, i lived with you in florida after the ranch closed in 1985. me and my boyfriend nicky vacante (had the twin brother vinny) Rememebr Nicky died after he moved back to Brooklyn? Vinny in prison still did 20 years for murder. My god what memories I have of living there I was 17. i worked down the street at woolworths in the coffee shop.
WOW I cant believe there is this site

my email is [email protected]
kenny good

Paterson, NJ

#1143 Nov 9, 2009
hey laura its kenny good i worked there with you to how is it going i was a wranglerwith you
Bigmanouch

AOL

#1144 Nov 10, 2009
hey laura how are you? Ofcourse I rememeber you I will email you
Bigmanouch

AOL

#1145 Nov 10, 2009
Laura here is my email [email protected]
Monty

Florence, SC

#1146 Nov 10, 2009
laura ward wrote:
I WORKED AT THE RANCH FROM 1981-1985 I WORKED DAY CAMP THEN SNACK BAR THEN OFFICE THEN DINING ROOM THE WRANGLER WHERE I STAYED TILL THE END. BARN FOREMEN WAS MARRIANNE PARISH AND THEEN JOE SACKEL. ANY ONE FROM THOSE YEARS OUT THERE,
LAURA WARD
I use to come up to the Ranch during those years with my Mom and brother. I'll never forget those trips. It was in candy land to me, coming out of Brooklyn. I use to have a friend that lived on the Ranch her name was Jasmine. We were the same age and she was in love with a horse named Big Red. I believe her Mom's name was Marry Anne. Did your barn foreman have a daughter?
laura ward

Freehold, NJ

#1147 Nov 11, 2009
Monty wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to come up to the Ranch during those years with my Mom and brother. I'll never forget those trips. It was in candy land to me, coming out of Brooklyn. I use to have a friend that lived on the Ranch her name was Jasmine. We were the same age and she was in love with a horse named Big Red. I believe her Mom's name was Marry Anne. Did your barn foreman have a daughter?
Hi Monty yes Marryanne was the boss and her daughter was Jasmine. After the ranch closed down in like 1985 I actually went to another ranch further upstate called Pinegrove where they moved to. i was like 16 or 17 then I spent the summer and weekends with themAfter that they moved to Ohio and I visited a few times. Jasmine grew up to be thew prettiest girl, she had two kids the last time i was in touch. haven't talked to them in about 7 years. Since I had my daughter I guess. Funny back then you were from Brooklyn and I had never been there and I still Live by the ranch But I am a registered nurse now and I work in Brooklyn every day in Sheepshead Bay. Nice talking to u.
laura Ward (It's Queen now)
Joe Gallagher

Cork, Ireland

#1148 Nov 12, 2009
This blog would make for a great documentary or even a Holywood movie. Where would you get such characters ( and I meant the horses!)? Any writers out there who could put the bits together? My biggest regret is that I didn't spend longer in the ranch. I'l always remember my times there even if I had to dole out soup to Irish Cops on my first night.... and they didn't tip well!!
J McAloon

Antrim, UK

#1149 Nov 12, 2009
Hithere Joe,
this is some monster memory blog you've created! Well done.
Jarlath
Joe Gallagher

Cork, Ireland

#1150 Nov 12, 2009
J McAloon wrote:
Hithere Joe,
this is some monster memory blog you've created! Well done.
Jarlath
Hi Jarlath, Thank you. The place left it's impression on a great variety of people. How are you? You live in Antrim now ? Do you ever come to Dublin? If so, I'd love to meet up. We could have our own Peekskill Reunion.
Talk to you soon,
Joe
barry silbersweig

Pompano Beach, FL

#1151 Nov 14, 2009
HI Steve, Modock,

I remember you as well. Your right, Pop had two Tennessee Walkers, their names were Mafia, a white Albino and Sledge a Strawberry Roan. Believe it or not Sledge is buried out in Bonaventure, there was a stable there for a while where we boarded a few horses. Your right about the Cigar as well, to tell the truth it wasn't always a cigar, and I dont mean cigarattes....The man was cool to the bone...
barry silbersweig

Pompano Beach, FL

#1152 Nov 14, 2009
Hi Rick,
I remember you as well, i think you lived in Jersey, if I got it right you had an ulcer.
I remember Manny riding the trails on Devil with his guitar and singing. Wow, havent thought of that in a while. What was that cooks name used to stir the soup with her arm, anybody remember.
Fran Good FRITZI

Miami, FL

#1153 Nov 16, 2009
barry silbersweig wrote:
Hi Rick,
I remember you as well, i think you lived in Jersey, if I got it right you had an ulcer.
I remember Manny riding the trails on Devil with his guitar and singing. Wow, havent thought of that in a while. What was that cooks name used to stir the soup with her arm, anybody remember.

Her name was Birdie and her 2 grandchildren worked in the dining room (Butch & Geri).
Mike Wohlstein

Vero Beach, FL

#1154 Nov 16, 2009
Fritz, as I said in a previous post,I remember Birdy from my earliest days at the ranch. I don't ever actually seeing her stir the soup with her arm but I remember thinking the cigarette ash would fall into what ever she was cooking. I also remember you from those days. I don't know if you remember me but I worked in the barn from about 61 or 62 until 68. I was friends with Stu, Jack, Barry, Mike S, Ronnie G, Modock, Lynn Travis. Moe was very special to me even if we sometimes were "on the outs ". And sure, most of the posters that were ther in the 60's I know....Hi Rick! Curly Too!
Philly

Carrollton, TX

#1155 Nov 16, 2009
What ever happen to Robin Delora {madin name}.
joe sacal

Highland, NY

#1156 Nov 17, 2009
kenny who burn out lmao
joe sackal

Highland, NY

#1157 Nov 17, 2009
yo laura still in peekskill work nights at chuck @ oleys usaully a couple times a week when i get off my regulary JOB give me an e- mail [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peekskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best pizza in town of yorktown Sun Van Buren St Guy 3
Stony Point Teacher arrest Mar 21 Concerned parents 1
Camp Oneg (Aug '07) Mar 19 Mitch 32
News Chuck Schumer under fire from left-wing activists Mar 15 Texxy 234
Yorktown Heights Music Selection (Aug '12) Mar 14 Musikologist 16
Ossining Attorney involed in shenanigans? (Sep '16) Mar 9 LAWYERS GONE WILD 8
The old A&P/Food Emporium Yorktown Heights (Jun '11) Mar 6 Van Buren St Guy 15

Peekskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance