need info on Peekskill in late 60's

need info on Peekskill in late 60's

Posted in the Peekskill Forum

Jod8697

AOL

#1 Apr 1, 2008
Hello. Not sure if this is appropriate and I apologize if I am imposing. I am desperately trying to connect with a woman that my father had a daughter with in 1969. I'd LOVE to speak with anyone who can give me info in regards to people who attended Lakeland Class of 67-69 as well as Lake Allendale area. ANYTHING is greatly appreciated.
kelli

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2008
my best friend went to that school at that time..who are you looking for and I can find out
Hi Kelli

Staten Island, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2008
kelli wrote:
my best friend went to that school at that time..who are you looking for and I can find out
I was wondering if you knew of a woman from that highschool who had a baby and gave it up for adoption. Her name was Lois. Any help with this information would be greatky appreciated. Thanks!
Jod8697

AOL

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Thanks sooooooooo much Kelli! The poster "Hi Kelli" could possibly be the daughter that my father had in 1969. We are not sure and have a ton of research to do. My father claims that the mother's name was Christine. I don't have a last name. She was a nurse at Peekskill Hospital for years or so I am told. The discrepancy is that the woman that I am in contact with has a mother named Lois. I would love to hear from your best friend as I am SURE that she will know someone? It's really a strange story but I KNOW that someone knows something. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
prohibition kills

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 8, 2008
Hi Kelli wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering if you knew of a woman from that highschool who had a baby and gave it up for adoption. Her name was Lois. Any help with this information would be greatky appreciated. Thanks!
i'll ask her
Jod8697

AOL

#6 May 10, 2008
Thank you SO much, I'm very grateful.
Jessica

United States

#7 Jun 5, 2008
This is a real shocker! I always thought Lake Allendale was a 'sleepy' neighborhood since I lived there from the time I was 21/2 yrs. old. And to hear this type of news whew! Guess Lake Allendale has come a long way! in a very sad way.
I attended Lakeland High, but fortunately left prior to my senior year in '57. Cannot help you per se, but sure would like to know the gal's name who lived in Lake Allendale that you are referring to.
Jod8697 wrote:
Hello. Not sure if this is appropriate and I apologize if I am imposing. I am desperately trying to connect with a woman that my father had a daughter with in 1969. I'd LOVE to speak with anyone who can give me info in regards to people who attended Lakeland Class of 67-69 as well as Lake Allendale area. ANYTHING is greatly appreciated.
Jodi

AOL

#8 Jun 5, 2008
Thank you Jessica. The name of the mother was Lois Doslop which my friend Kate is looking for. She is Lois's biological daughter. She istrying to find her father. In my case, I am actually looking for a half sister. I am looking for someone named Christine (mother) from the Peekskill area. I heard that she may have been a nurse at Peekskill hospital at some point. Her and my father, Karl Haass, had fathered a baby. I've been told that the baby was not given up right away. I lived at Peekskill at one point and I know that someone out there knows something. any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Fergie

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jun 6, 2008
I am looking for a picture that was published in either the NY Times or the daily news of my father and mother at peekskill ranch on horses during their honeymoon. They we're married June 11 1960 so it would of been soon there after LOL The article was about PEEKSKILL RANCH Also if there is any sign in guest log with ther names in it would like a picture of it (Name: James and Kathleen Ferguson ) [email protected]

THANK YOU !!!
prohibition kills

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 10, 2008
My friend wrote down your moms name . Her sister graduated lakeland 1969. She will ask her this week
tcorr2

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 18, 2008
I LIVE IN LAKE ALLANDALE AND THE DOSLOPS STILL LIVE THERE!!!!!!!!!! THEY LIVE ON ALLAN ST PM ME @ [email protected] for more info!
rosey

AOL

#12 Apr 20, 2011
Have many fond memories of Lake Allandale........grew up there after my family moved there from the Bronx in 1955 when I was 7 yrs old. Left to go into the Army in 1967. It was a fabulous place for young families to live & raise children. Graduated from Lakeland H.S. in 1965. My dad payed $13,000 for our brand new house back then !
guytoia

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 May 7, 2016
Jodi wrote:
Thank you Jessica. The name of the mother was Lois Doslop which my friend Kate is looking for. She is Lois's biological daughter. She istrying to find her father. In my case, I am actually looking for a half sister. I am looking for someone named Christine (mother) from the Peekskill area. I heard that she may have been a nurse at Peekskill hospital at some point. Her and my father, Karl Haass, had fathered a baby. I've been told that the baby was not given up right away. I lived at Peekskill at one point and I know that someone out there knows something. any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
The Doslops still live in Lake Allendale on Allan street i remember Bruce Doslop he was kind of slow but not retarded he used to drive

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peekskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laural Acres (Apr '08) Jul 31 Kimberly Pagan 16
Brothers Home Maintenance Jul 28 DuglasPerez944 1
Crompond Music Thread Jul 26 Musikologist 1
St. Joseph's Home Jul '17 pittsiam 1
Camp Oneg (Aug '07) Jul '17 Gail 34
News Man Driving Recklessly In Northern Westchester ... Jul '17 The Hulk 1
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) Jul '17 Shinez NYC 107

Peekskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peekskill Mortgages