way too funny! would love to know who made that awesome video lol
citizen on patrol

Oxford, MI

#3 Aug 23, 2012
that was great a job still laughing
Dean Bailey

West Union, OH

#4 Aug 23, 2012
I put that together. As village administrator I'm very proud of the job I do.

And I think it's time to raise water rates again.
smoke

Bellevue, WA

#5 Aug 23, 2012
The truth hurts! Great job guys! LMAO
very artistic

Tiffin, OH

#6 Aug 23, 2012
A truly inspiring, and surprisingly accurate depiction of this village.
history buff

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Aug 25, 2012
think this is the worst idea ever..if you dont like your trash in your town clean it up..you have some really great parts of your town that you dont appreciate and some really negative views of where you live..if you dont like living there either clean it up or I'l help you pack!
Needing help packing

Akron, OH

#8 Aug 25, 2012
I need help both cleaning and packing. How may I contact you for your assistace History Buff?
anytown

Peebles, OH

#9 Aug 25, 2012
just like anytown we have our good and bad. If individual who spent all that time to trash the town would have spent as much time trying to do what they could to change things now that would be significant. as it stands now time was wasted as they say if you arent part of solution you are part of problem
traveler

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Aug 25, 2012
well said!
Funny Humbling Video

Peebles, OH

#11 Aug 26, 2012
anytown wrote:
just like anytown we have our good and bad. If individual who spent all that time to trash the town would have spent as much time trying to do what they could to change things now that would be significant. as it stands now time was wasted as they say if you arent part of solution you are part of problem
I would say that there was no time wasted. You say that if they would spend the time trying to make changes would be better. How? Give some suggestions. Very few individuals alone can make a difference in this town - no one wants to change the problems - many like you just want to hide them.

Kinda hard to hide them when they are pointed out in a satirical film for EVERYONE to peruse.

I think making this video was time well spent and like you said, the good and bad of the town. Sure, this holds true to any town. But, If you can not be honest with yourself and can not find the humor about the town you live in, can you really have pride as well? Honest pride? Or is it all show? Like hiding your mentally handicapped child in the basement when visitors come calling because YOUR child can not have any blemishes and must be perfect, like you yourself are perfect (I hope you know I am not literal here - I should not have to point this out, but just in case).
Humor can unite everyone, IF and only IF everyone is honest that there is a problem and there needs to be some changes made.

I for one laughed pretty good on the meth lab cut.

The one distasteful part I would think would be for the family of the dentist. That was a little over the line, but honest...something you can not hide in the basement ;)

I say,BRAVO!!!
citizen on patrol

Keego Harbor, MI

#12 Aug 26, 2012
i hope the people with the trashy yard get the hint and cleans it up still laughing
historian

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Aug 27, 2012
so fhv are you saying its ok to make fun of handicapped children? I would be absolutely appalled if some1 drove pas my house videotaping. actually I would probably sue some1 for slander. Every1 thinks its funny now but do you really know all the people who live in each house they taped? probly not. Is it possible that there might have been some who are financially uncapable of taking care of some of these things? Is it possible that there might have been a struggling single mom with a handicapt child that needs constant supervision and caretaking living in any 1 of those homes?
To historian

Glenmont, OH

#14 Aug 27, 2012
That is the irony. People claiming others on here are focusing only on the negative and ignoring the positive as well as having the gall to blame others for not being part of a solution. These folks are clearly not doing anything to help either. Proof is in the video. If u and others are so concerned then help these folks out and prove the video wrong. Till then, shut up and focus on pointing out the problems. At least that will give other people an idea about where to focus their efforts.
FHV

United States

#15 Aug 27, 2012
historian wrote:
so fhv are you saying its ok to make fun of handicapped children? I would be absolutely appalled if some1 drove pas my house videotaping. actually I would probably sue some1 for slander. Every1 thinks its funny now but do you really know all the people who live in each house they taped? probly not. Is it possible that there might have been some who are financially uncapable of taking care of some of these things? Is it possible that there might have been a struggling single mom with a handicapt child that needs constant supervision and caretaking living in any 1 of those homes?
I absolutely did not say it was OK to make fun of handicapped children. I was only illustrating that many folks try to hide what is already obvious to others, whether it is a precious child or your town that you hold to the point of protecting like a mother hen.

Have fun taking that to court btw. Filming what is already in the public eye is in no way slanderous. And you just might be filmed, EVERYONE who has a cell phone now has a video camera.

And yes, there are many people who can not afford to take care of things, and yes some of them might even have children who are handicapped. Most of this video was not directed at ANY individual, but to the town (which could be ANY town in southern Ohio btw) as a whole itself.

If you are embarrassed, maybe you need to spearhead some changes in the town. Start at council meetings or at the voting booth. Or make a more positive video that sheds some light on the true humanitarian side of Peebles.
To history buff

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2012
Still waiting on a reply to your gracious offer??
history buff

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Aug 27, 2012
If I knew you were serious I would definately come help you. give me an address date and time and I'll be there. i'm not above getting my hands dirty and helping those in need
To history buff

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2012
P.s
bring a truck with the big trailer ball....
citizen on patrol

Southfield, MI

#20 Aug 27, 2012
they had plenty of time to throw that trash in there yard so they should have time and able to pick it up lol lazy trashy people i wouldnt pick it up for them they did it
Just listnin

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Aug 27, 2012
wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peebles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jordon blake williams back in jail 14 hr Rudy 1
8th Avenue Apartments - Always Problems (Apr '10) 14 hr Doris 19
Looking for my match in life 22 hr Sin 3
i wonder Fri Yep 2
Peebles dentist arrested Fri Patient to the end 19
How people treat other people Fri snowball 1
masonic lodge Peebles (Jun '12) Feb 26 notamason 3
Peebles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web