how many people work at central office

Posted in the Peebles Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
no more

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2010
can anyone answer this question for me and do we really need more central office jobs to further the burden on us taxpayers
ABC

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2010
From www.ovsd.us
Superintendent's Office
Rodney Wallace, Superintendent
Mary Jo Wallace, Secretary
Personnel
Joe Wills, Personnel/Attendance Officer
Phyllis Wolford, Secretary
Business Affairs
Steve Wolfe, Facilities Manager
Linda Nichols, Secretary
Technology
Marketta Lawhorn, Director of Technology
Donna Shepherd, Technology Resource Facilitator
Eddie Butcher, Network Administrator
Jonathan Bowman, Technician
Matt Klepper, Technician
Treasurer's Office
Tina Hageman, Treasurer
Mary Beth Louderback, Assistant Treasurer
Neta Nixon, Payroll Coordinator
Noelle Kell , Accounting Clerk
April Stapleton, Accounting Clerk
State and Federal Coordinator's Office
Robin Lucas, State and Federal Coordinator
Regina Bennington, Secretary
Curriculum Supervisor's Office
Lisa Toole, Curriculum Supervisor
Linda Nichols, Secretary
Talented and Gifted Coordinator's Office
Karen Young, Talented and Gifted Coordinator
Leandra Rossman, Secretary
Food Service
Krys Hess, Food Service Cafeteria Supervisor
Connie Courtright, Secretary
Special Education Annex
285 Lloyd Road
West Union, OH 45693
Laurel Hamilton, Special Education Supervisor*
Rita Harper, Secretary*
Psychologists
Mary Kamphaus School Psychologist*
Tracy Spires, School Psychologist*
Jean Gulley, School Psychologist*
wow

West Manchester, OH

#3 Sep 19, 2010
Central office should be downsized...come on...how many secretarie do it take to run one office...everyone always thinks they need an assistant. Thats crap. How many people do you need to organize and administer the technology in our schools...really? I am unsure if too many people lost their jobs the last go around...its seems to me they all just switched schools have a friend that is able to sub almost everyday,,,come on
what a waste

United States

#4 Sep 19, 2010
29 people to do a 10 person job when did we the taxpayers let this happen and why dont these 29 people have a parking supervisor to keep the parking lot correct and neat , JFC and this is why I pay extreme property tax's
Tech Support

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Sep 19, 2010
wow wrote:
Central office should be downsized...come on...how many secretarie do it take to run one office...everyone always thinks they need an assistant. Thats crap. How many people do you need to organize and administer the technology in our schools...really? I am unsure if too many people lost their jobs the last go around...its seems to me they all just switched schools have a friend that is able to sub almost everyday,,,come on
I count 4 people to take care of networking, servers and workstations in 8 buildings (9 if you count the annex). This would be difficult to cover in a normal office where you just had trained adults using computers. I have to think throwing kids in the mix makes more problems to deal with. I wonder when or if these people sleep. I know there is a tax issue, but that doesn't make it right to start talking about people not working hard enough when you don't have the first clue what your talking about. BTW I don't work for the schools - I am a tech for a private company but I sure wouldn't want that job.
not sure

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 19, 2010
no more wrote:
can anyone answer this question for me and do we really need more central office jobs to further the burden on us taxpayers
Where do you get more central office jobs? The way I read it there are more cuts to come even if the levy passes.
You forgot some

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Sep 20, 2010
There are a few more you forgot. Also there are people who work there that are what is called nonessential.
Some names not here

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Sep 20, 2010
There are more people that work there and their names are not on here.
Amanda

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Sep 20, 2010
Excuse me, but my mother is a secretary at the central office and I know for a fact just how hard of a job it is. She alone most of the time does the work of 3 people. And its alot more than one building. they cover all 4 schools in the county. so know the facts before u open ur mouth.
what a waste

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2010
Amanda wrote:
Excuse me, but my mother is a secretary at the central office and I know for a fact just how hard of a job it is. She alone most of the time does the work of 3 people. And its alot more than one building. they cover all 4 schools in the county. so know the facts before u open ur mouth.
these people who work at central are no diffrent than our state and county road department it takes about 3 more people to get the job done than what it should but we believe you amanda we know you would never be bias or take sides even though it is your mother,
unreal

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Sep 21, 2010
Way to many working there. Cut back. Vote No
Amanda

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Sep 21, 2010
unreal wrote:
Way to many working there. Cut back. Vote No
You have no idea what your talking about. If my mom loses her job, she loses her home. They don't have enough people actually. Like i said before, know the facts before you open your mouth. Ur just pissy because it might inconvenience you a little bit. Get over it.
Wolf Wolf

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Sep 21, 2010
It's not about you and your mother. It's not about better education. This tax also is not necessary! It's about all of the children and their families in Adams County that will be displaced and lose their homes. They don't need the money because they are about to get $360 million share from the state plus the Race to the top $400 million share. What would make you think that you all are so much better and different that the other people losing their jobs and homes? This tax would more than inconvenience a lot of people, it would destroy what's left of the middle class in Adams County. I know people that will do her job for half what she is making because they don't have a job.(They are qualified) Know your facts before you open your mouth. Many families cannot afford any tax increase especially one that is not necessary. They are crying wolf-wolf. Vote No.
poor amanda

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what your talking about. If my mom loses her job, she loses her home. They don't have enough people actually. Like i said before, know the facts before you open your mouth. Ur just pissy because it might inconvenience you a little bit. Get over it.
oh no and to think I was going to vote no to keep my tax's from raising up beyond my pay scale but now AMANDA that you have explained to all of us people that your mother would lose her job and even her home it has changed my point of view about the way I will vote just because of any loss that you and your mother may be facing in the near future because we all know that your family is more important than our family's, so yes AMANDA after hearing your sad heart breaking story yes you can count on my NO VOTE
poor amanda

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2010
can someone tell me or even explain to me if it takes 29 people to run the school system from central office , then what do we have PRINCIPAL'S AND ASST. PRINCIPALS at each school FOR with 29 chiefs at central why do we need 2 high paying jobs at each school seems to myself that we could cut alot of pork at central office and by down sizing the 2 many chiefs and not enough indians , hey amanda !!still no
brandi

United States

#16 Sep 21, 2010
Amanda......NO!
to many

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Sep 21, 2010
There are others that work there and their name is not on this list.
Like who

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Sep 21, 2010
to many wrote:
There are others that work there and their name is not on this list.
Who are you suggesting works at central office that isn't on the list? It looks to me to have everyone that is there now. In fact, Linda Nichols is listed twice (because she covers two different departments, as do several others).
Disgusted

AOL

#19 Sep 21, 2010
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
Amanda, if we lived on the system,(like you) then we wouldn't have to worry about getting pissy over the situation. Some of us are tired of paying the high taxes when we are already taxed to death. I agree, it's time to make cuts that are long over-do.
Like who

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Sep 21, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Amanda, if we lived on the system,(like you) then we wouldn't have to worry about getting pissy over the situation. Some of us are tired of paying the high taxes when we are already taxed to death. I agree, it's time to make cuts that are long over-do.
And where do you think the cuts should be made? What cuts are long over-due?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peebles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your theory on Piketon murders of 8 (May '16) 6 min concerned person 152,085
Mikey Simpson 14 min I know it all 5
1905beavercreek 35 min Craigslist 1
Basement Yes or No 1 hr Purple Paisley 84
Kevin Store (Jan '17) Sun no nonsense 3
Rhonda Courtney Jul 20 Jim 1
Jay Dalton and Erica does anyone know them and ... (Jan '14) Jul 20 Jim 2

Peebles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance