Small Plane Crashes In Salem Co.

Small Plane Crashes In Salem Co.

There are 1 comment on the Cbs3.com story from Jul 6, 2007, titled Small Plane Crashes In Salem Co.. In it, Cbs3.com reports that:

PEDRICKTOWN Police are investigating what led to a small plane crash in Salem County Friday. via Cbs3.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs3.com.

Robert Scovill Jr

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2007
In my opinion looks like a flaw to me...the pilots pre-flighted the aircraft and saw no water in their sump cup. They take off and the engine sputters to a halt. Post crash the FAA finds water in the fuel tank of the aircraft.
How come the pilots did not detect the water before they took off? Could there be a lack of positive detection of water in the fuel tanks of the Cessna 177? A simple test can determine if the Cessna integral fuel tank is flawed. Just pour twenty ounces of red dyed water into the fuel tank as the aircraft sits in its normal ground attitude, then go to the sump drain and see if you can detect and remove the entire twenty ounces of red dyed water you just poured into the tank. Good luck. I have tried to bring this indicated design flaw to the attention of the NTSB and FAA for over eight years. Both continue to ignore my efforts as they do the injured and the dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pedricktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pedricktown (Dec '06) Oct '16 Kmk784 5
Former Resident. (Nov '15) May '16 Change On The Way 3
The degradation of Penns Grove, NJ (Sep '08) May '16 MRS-RAINEY 17
News Threat and Harassment for New Jersey Towns Firs... (Jan '07) Sep '15 Msultsngs nfo 3
Salem County Brass Society presents its 40th an... (Apr '15) Apr '15 SLTroupe 1
Ped. Town Plows? (Jan '15) Jan '15 The Truth 1
News Pedricktown Day, Oct. 12, 2013 (Oct '13) Oct '14 The Truth 3

Pedricktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pedricktown Mortgages