Indicted Pecos city manager found shot to death

Full story: El Paso Times

The administrator of a West Texas city has been found dead just hours after being indicted on a charge of indecency with a child.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of88
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wayne c

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

The First Amendment in action!
therion

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Chuck Sutlive wrote:
<quoted text>Man! Talk about hitting buttons! Rape and/or child molestation is not acceptable. But I still think there needs to be more than a single offense followed by 10 years of no accusations before we lock somebody up and throw away the key.

Paragraphs would make your message much easier to understand.

And you're right, aggravated assault of an old man in a wheelchair would be a much more acceptable crime.

I repeat - this place needs a mod as evidenced by the amount of name calling that is tolerated.

Hick I'll claim proudly. But before you call me a simpleton, you need to do a we search for the organization my first wife made me join before she would marry me. It's called Mensa.
Mensa means stupid girl in Spanish. I guess that's what you are.
Chuck Sutlive

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of forgivness, and the Christian way.
And yet, we are supposed to forgive. We are encouraged to love our enemies even more than our friends.
What you say was done to you was wrong and seems like the kind of thing that could scar you for the rest of your life.
Let me guess. You're the wife Therion mentioned.
Again. What do you know about this particular case? And what do you know about Joe Torres? Suicide is not enough repentance for you?
wayne c

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Pecos Boy you are a survivor.
Chuck Sutlive

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

I'm getting tired of this. You guys really aren't much of a challenge. Much too emotional.
therion

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Chuck Sutlive wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, we are supposed to forgive. We are encouraged to love our enemies even more than our friends.
What you say was done to you was wrong and seems like the kind of thing that could scar you for the rest of your life.
Again. What do you know about this particular case? And what do you know about Joe Torres? Suicide is not enough repentance for you?
Chuck I'm washing my hands of all this, apparently you will never get it. Good prevailed over evil Wed morn. A female victim can now rebuild her life and a sex offender is no longer here. You have a good one and pick your friends better next time.
Veronica

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Chuck Sutlive wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, we are supposed to forgive. We are encouraged to love our enemies even more than our friends.
This is all I'm gonna say and then I'm gone. No, suicide isn't enough because he left people suffering. It never ends. And I'm not saying he's guilty or not, my only argument is that no one knows the truth and simply saying that you know him doesn't mean anything. He could be guilty too. And regardless of what it says I'm posting from, I am right here in Pecos. So say what you want. In the end it never ends. If he did what they say he did, then, again, no, suicide isn't enough because that kid, no matter how old she is, will always remain that poor kid who had something very bad done to her, even if it, in your words, only happened once. Everyone has to learn to live with whatever happened or happens to us. And if he didn't do it, wel, he left his family looking and feeling very sad. How are they supposed to explain anything for him? Only he could have done that. Answered any questions they might have. Btw, you're the only one feeling like you have to defend him, and my argument is that one time is enough to convict because thats all it takes, one time.
Chuck Sutlive

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>
...Btw, you're the only one feeling like you have to defend him, and my argument is that one time is enough to convict because thats all it takes, one time.
I'm used to standing alone and usually I have been proven correct.

My main concern is his family. Also I don't like the way the "victim" has been identified for all practical purposes. Names are withheld in such cases for a reason.

My wife agrees with you aout once eing enough. But if I went through a whole day without arguing with my "resident Mexican", I'd e checking the calendar to see if it 12-21-12.

Shalom, Y'all.
serg

Rainbow, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

I dont know the paticulars of this man or situation.But have you noticed someone is six feet under and they are all of a sudden a hero.
therion wrote:
<quoted text>
Mensa means stupid girl in Spanish. I guess that's what you are.
REALLY

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

the end wrote:
your just a no life person who has nothing better to do then read this bullshit and go along with it you don't know this man a airborne ranger who has to much pride to ever do that so get a life and leave him alone you don't know it I do and I'm not putting it her on this he'll hole so you can twist it and make it sound like he is some evil child molester when all he was was a hard working humble old man his birthday was last Monday
Are you really her brother? Blood is thicker than water. He wasn't your blood relative.

You are pathetic if this really her BRO. This is a time when your sister needs you. Imagine yourself going thru the same thing with a dirty old man that is supposed to be devoted to his family, your aunt your cousins, imagine him doing horrible things to you. He deserves no pitty if he was innocent he should have fought this in court with all you people that love him so, standing behind him.
Why would a kid make up a lie that is going to mark her for life, 10 years later. Guilty, guilty, guilty.
abc123

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

C. Sutlive-
And one incident is not enough to label someone a child molester. One incident of anything is not enough to label someone.

I had to read this several times to make sure I read it correctly. I wish your family no ill at all but I don't think you have rationalized your words. Would you allow Torres to babysit your children, knowing what you know now? Would you be willing to allow someone to steal your child's innocence? So it's alright to commit terrible crimes as long as they only do it once???? If someone rapes, shoots, murders or kidnaps- it's acceptable if they only do it once??????????

I am speaking as a survivor of being sexually assaulted by my brother from the age of 4-14. I was groped, raped, and terrorized. I have never had the courage to confront my abuser and I am 50 years old. I have always been too ashamed to tell my parents. The victim is braver than I am. May God bless her and give her strength.

I believe the people defending Torres are doing it because it is scary accepting that someone you had faith in was filled with the ability to commit such horrific and evil acts. It is easier to make excuses and not believe the victim. But I promise you, people that are supposed to love you and protect you can betray you and do terrible things to you.

To Veronica, I am so sorry for all the suffering you have endured. I can feel the pain and anger in your postings. I pray that you take advantage of some couseling and have the opportunity to heal.

I have forgiven my abuser- not for his sake but for mine. The hate I felt for him was poison to me-it made me hate myself, didn't let me trust people and was a constant source of pain. Sexual abuse that is kept secret cannever heal- it must come to light so that healing can take place.

THE SADDEST OUTCOME OF THIS INCIDENT MIGHT BE THAT OTHER VICTIMS WILL BE RELUCTANT TO COME FORTH AFTER SEEING HOW VICTIMS ARE TREATED. I'M SORRY THAT SOME OF YOU HAD YOUR PERFECT PICTURE OF YOUR FAMILY/FRIEND HAS BEEN SHATTERED BUT ABUSING A VICTIM IS WRONG.
hahaha

Pecos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

wayne c wrote:
What ever happened to presumed innocent till proven guilty.
I take the bullet to the head as an admission of guilt. How about the rest of you????? who would kill themselves except a man who was guilty?

Since: Apr 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

therion wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly,why didn't he wait to be proven innocent? It's because he wasn't innocent. His suicide spoke for itself. He knew he would be convicted because the evidence was there in the grand jury courtroom. People like you who take the side of a child molester make me sick. Defenseless little children should not be exposed to people like him or yourself.
Actually--Therion, I'm taking the side of our justice system. The suicide could speak for itself. However, it might not.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I take the bullet to the head as an admission of guilt. How about the rest of you????? who would kill themselves except a man who was guilty?

That could be the case. I think he took a bullet to the chest. Wonder why he didn't write an admission of guilt before the shot. Sure would have settled a lot speculations.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
how about guilty til proven innocent
well take the lead in changing our judicial system to do just that.
weird

Pecos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

I wonder if he's son is going to talk mess when he gets here ? I can't wait. We all like the drama. It was joes birthday this week too. He went out with a bang. Literally.
Pecos boy

Pecos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

We believe that by our institutions and by the nature of things we have and are comopelled to have, the same interest, and the same history. Our Union, in the of the language of the Supreme Court is and indestructable union, of indestructible states.

We go one step further. We believe that society is so compacted together, that Providence (GOD) hath so ordained and doth so govern things, that, whether we would have it so or not, we must be and are, our bothers' and sisters' keepers.

No man's family is entrenched against vice and crime and the shame and wretchedness to which they lead. Let the outcast and criminal be forgotten or diregarded, and our whole society will suffer from the taint of human degradation. Like a blood poisoin it will spread through and through our social system until reaches the heart.

This serious and mighty truth imposes a duty which no society can afford to neglect. Civilized society cannot neglect it and live. No well informed Christian society ever will neglect it" (New York Times Nov 7, 1886) Ohio Gov Rutherford B Hayes.

I know we can all agree on one thing, what is wrong, is wrong and what is right is right. Let us not focus on trying to make our points here, religious, intellectual, personal konwledge, on what we believed happened or really did!

There are people out there right now, that need our help on both sides of this tragedy, let us practice what seperates and distinguishes us from all other creatures in this world, forgiveness, empathy, and most chiefly; LOVE!!!!!! Pecos Texas is a location on a map, it is its inhabitants that define what it is!
Witness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Judged:

"providence=god" The Almighty has a name, blessed be He! Dust off your bibles Pecos and get back to the One true G-d! You have been preached a fake jesus for too long! REPENT! Who knows the father's name and his son's name if thou knowest?!?!?
eagle eye

Clyde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

I'm happy the victim, stood up for what was right and though she might now get immediate healing, the healing will come soon enough
friend

Pecos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Judged:

Please pray for the familys on both sides I feel so bad for the girl it was not her fault

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of88
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pecos Forum right now

Search the Pecos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min fubar 16,804
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 28 min Defiant1 21,161
the latest motorcycle biker post 41 min our style 67
Sex in Pecos (Jan '11) 3 hr JnJ trucking 35
What would Pecos like to see 11 hr 12 Gauge 4
Positive 18 hr whatever 2
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 18 hr David 640
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pecos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000