First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DuramaxGuy

Pecos, TX

#22 Sep 11, 2012
ladyrose wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for this "shithole" this "speck" on the map, as you call it, you wouldn't be here either getting paid--so it works both ways.
There are many that appreciate your work so don't bash the whole town! Thank you for your hard work. God Bless all of you hard workers out there.
When I made that reply all I had seen were the first few comments to this photo bashing us oilfield guys and believe me if I could be home instead of here I would be. Us oilfield guys deal with this same treatment everywhere we go, well except West Oklahoma and Wyoming since those areas know that the Oilfield money makes the whole economy work so they appreciate us a little more. Everywhere else I have worked they are much the same as the way people have acted on here. Hateful and very snide to us, when all we are doing is coming into your area and doing a job that needs to be done all the while spending our money at all your local businesses.

Gets really old dealing with the same thing over and over in each little community that is thriving off of us Oilfield guys.

Most of us could care less what town it is in we are working, we are following the work and that is it.
Single

Arlington, VA

#23 Sep 12, 2012
Duramax Guy, I apologize to you and to all the men/women working in West Tx for the treatment that you receive. I know how hard it must be to be way from your family and in a town where you are not appreciated. Many of us do respect and appreciate all of you do. Thank you again.

Since: Sep 12

Pecos, TX

#24 Sep 12, 2012
Single wrote:
Duramax Guy, I apologize to you and to all the men/women working in West Tx for the treatment that you receive. I know how hard it must be to be way from your family and in a town where you are not appreciated. Many of us do respect and appreciate all of you do. Thank you again.
Thanks but it is not that big of a deal, you get used to going to a place and making the best of the area.
ladyrose

Lemon Grove, CA

#25 Sep 12, 2012
DuramaxGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I made that reply all I had seen were the first few comments to this photo bashing us oilfield guys and believe me if I could be home instead of here I would be. Us oilfield guys deal with this same treatment everywhere we go, well except West Oklahoma and Wyoming since those areas know that the Oilfield money makes the whole economy work so they appreciate us a little more. Everywhere else I have worked they are much the same as the way people have acted on here. Hateful and very snide to us, when all we are doing is coming into your area and doing a job that needs to be done all the while spending our money at all your local businesses.
Gets really old dealing with the same thing over and over in each little community that is thriving off of us Oilfield guys.
Most of us could care less what town it is in we are working, we are following the work and that is it.
I understand exactly where you are coming from, but try to ignore the ignorant people who do not appreciate hard work and count your blessings that you have a job. Some of us do appreciate your work.

Thank you and may the rest of your time here be a better one until you get to go home.

Since: Sep 12

Pecos, TX

#26 Sep 13, 2012
Thanks Ladyrose,

The treatment is something that comes with the territory. I have seen worse believe me. I don't let it bother me as I know when my 2 weeks are up I get to leave and go home. It's good to know some people around here appreciate that we are just here to do a job a lot of people don't want to do.
ladyrose

San Diego, CA

#27 Sep 13, 2012
DuramaxGuy wrote:
Thanks Ladyrose,
The treatment is something that comes with the territory. I have seen worse believe me. I don't let it bother me as I know when my 2 weeks are up I get to leave and go home. It's good to know some people around here appreciate that we are just here to do a job a lot of people don't want to do.
You are absolutely correct, unfortunatley it does come with the territory, but it doesn't have to be that way. Those that don't know any better are just talking from their side of the neck because they are jealous.

Keep up the good work! Thanks!
all right more stupidity

United States

#28 Sep 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
all right.more jobs for dopeheaded roughnecks.
all right more stupid people in the world
Driller

United States

#29 Oct 9, 2012
I'm not gonna bash this lil town all I am going to say is thank you for your hospitality and for those that work for me and with me on my rig, we are not dopeheads, we all have wives and children that we are working hard to support. I do not hate on those that hate on us. I will pray for you and all your families, Pecos is a good town and I have not yet met anybody in town that hasn't been nice and respectful. So again Pecos thank you for your hospitality. And for those few Roughnecks that have made a bad impression I apologize and must say that we aren't all like that.
helpneeded

United States

#30 Oct 29, 2012
Driller wrote:
I'm not gonna bash this lil town all I am going to say is thank you for your hospitality and for those that work for me and with me on my rig, we are not dopeheads, we all have wives and children that we are working hard to support. I do not hate on those that hate on us. I will pray for you and all your families, Pecos is a good town and I have not yet met anybody in town that hasn't been nice and respectful. So again Pecos thank you for your hospitality. And for those few Roughnecks that have made a bad impression I apologize and must say that we aren't all like that.
hey driller do you need a hand?
former resident

Mobile, AL

#31 Oct 31, 2012
infolady wrote:
To all of you that are saying bad things about the drilling rig employees. I work for one of those companies. Let me tell you a little of what my company is doing for Pecos. We are paying over $25,000 a month on motel rooms for our men. All of our men eat at your restaurants, buy at your stores and use all you other facilities here in town. The oilfield supply stores are making a fortune from us. We use your service stations, mechanics, welders and other people who are making a lot of money from us. About 65% of our employees are living in Pecos now. We support their families and schools. We have been a major contributor to the rodeo, school activities, relay for life, Chamber of Commerce, the kids Halloween party downtown, and the Stock Show. Anyone who asks for a contribution gets it. We will give a scholarship at the end of the school term. Those men are WORKING very hard 24 hrs a day in all kinds of weather. I can't imagine why anyone would complain about us being in your town!!!!!
The are ungrateful ppl who been living on welfare and cant stand the fact we r doing something while they still stuck at mommas house. Im from pecos and i am disgusted by the ppl there
ex-Pecos roughneck

Brownwood, TX

#32 Dec 7, 2012
I grew up in Pecos, my parents are both buried there, so I know a bit about the town and it's history although I have been away for a number of years. I also happen to know a little about the oilfield, having worked in "the patch" for over forty years.

Pecos has always had "the cotton, cantelope, and onion farming booms, then "sulphur boom and tire test track booms". All of these industries employed a large number of locals and brought in a lot of outside people and their money. Now it is an oil boom which will probably die down eventually like the rest of them. Enjoy the boom while it is there.

As for the "dopeheads" all the CDL licensed truck drivers and all the drilling and service companies that I know of require pre -employment and also random drug testing. No second chances. You fail, you are out of a job,no questions asked.(This is unlike your pro sports figures who get a slap on the wrist and a raise next season.)Think about that part of the oilfield jobs as you go collect your well-fare checks.

You will always have good and bad locals and new-comers. Enjoy the good and avoid the bad. Make the best of it.
w2howDD

Dahlonega, GA

#33 Dec 12, 2012
these rigs also employ a group of the most intellagent professionals in the oilfield with salaries well over 250K. oh, i am one of them.
lady rose

San Diego, CA

#34 Dec 22, 2012
w2howDD wrote:
these rigs also employ a group of the most intellagent professionals in the oilfield with salaries well over 250K. oh, i am one of them.
Dang! That's a very nice salary. Consider yourself blessed and thank the Lord. For there are a lot of others who wish they were in your shoes. Hope you use your money wisely and put a lot away for rainy days. I'm sure you are a hard worker too.
sucks on nuts

United States

#35 Dec 22, 2012
Hey lasy rose get off his nuts lol
lady rose

San Diego, CA

#36 Dec 22, 2012
sucks on nuts wrote:
What a jerk! If you don't have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all.
lady rose

San Diego, CA

#37 Dec 22, 2012
sucks on nuts wrote:
And by the way read again and spell correctly. It's not lazy rose. It's ladyrose!
Liar

Pecos, TX

#39 Dec 30, 2012
@w2howDD I doubt it. You can even spell intelligent. Just saying.
Eagle Geology

Houston, TX

#40 Apr 10, 2013
RiRi wrote:
Great...more stinky white trash in town. So many nasty,cheap,rude hicks.
RIRI I am guessing you don't work for a living.You are most likely a non english speaking person south of the border living on wellfare and not one of the hard working espanic or white families that take pride supporting there family. Your ignorance is really showing.
Eagle Geology

Houston, TX

#41 Apr 10, 2013
RIRI I am guessing you don't work for a living.You are most likely a non english speaking person south of the border living on wellfare and not one of the hard working espanic or white families that take pride supporting there family. Your ignorance is really showing.
danny from BUDGET INN

United States

#42 Sep 3, 2013
infolady wrote:
To all of you that are saying bad things about the drilling rig employees. I work for one of those companies. Let me tell you a little of what my company is doing for Pecos. We are paying over $25,000 a month on motel rooms for our men. All of our men eat at your restaurants, buy at your stores and use all you other facilities here in town. The oilfield supply stores are making a fortune from us. We use your service stations, mechanics, welders and other people who are making a lot of money from us. About 65% of our employees are living in Pecos now. We support their families and schools. We have been a major contributor to the rodeo, school activities, relay for life, Chamber of Commerce, the kids Halloween party downtown, and the Stock Show. Anyone who asks for a contribution gets it. We will give a scholarship at the end of the school term. Those men are WORKING very hard 24 hrs a day in all kinds of weather. I can't imagine why anyone would complain about us being in your town!!!!!
YEP man you are right.
I am manager of BUDGET INN SANDERSON,TX near your town pecos and we got so many workers heading towards pecos and they are really nice people and ya if you want you can email me on [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City & County Future 1 hr option 2
Housing in Pecos (Feb '13) 16 hr Diana 10
Lets play a nice game off touch my johnson 20 hr peter 10
Been 2 years need some Sun Shoe 8
All you dummies at gas pump Sun SouthSelfService 2
20 something yr olds Sat psykko vet 1
The Mask Sat psykko vet 5

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance