Local Politics
Confused

Pecos, TX

#1 Dec 10, 2011
How can a man, that ran up millions in bonds, almost bankrupting a county while an elected official, now run for office in the fiscal side of the county? A man that attempted to push new bonds, even after the people said no, run for office?

Am I confused, or is it their belief that people have a short memory?
Pecossss

Pecos, TX

#2 Dec 11, 2011
You must be talking about one or two ex-county judges.?.
lol

Hobbs, NM

#3 Dec 12, 2011
Well he is trying to run for treasure . What a joke! Well he comes from a family that likes to steal money from the county .
Judy

Pecos, TX

#4 Dec 12, 2011
Anyone can run for office. Just remember what he did and don't vote.
Ex-Judge

Hobbs, NM

#5 Dec 18, 2011
He does not need to run for office. We the tax payers are still paying his salary. He is collecting workers comp because he supposedly hurt his back a couple of days before he left office. If you want to know how much he is collecting, just go to the county treasurers office and ask for the records under the "Open Records Law". My question is, if he wins the election, does he give up workers comp. I mean is winning the election going to cure his back problems? Voters need to get informed.
pokl

Pecos, TX

#6 Dec 19, 2011
How many people running for sheriff? I heard 3.
Sam

Hobbs, NM

#7 Dec 24, 2011
I heard Sam Contreras is collecting workers comp for hurting his back some days before he left office. Is this true? How can he run for Treasurer's office then if he can't work?
Free Ride

Hobbs, NM

#8 Dec 28, 2011
I heard the same thing that Sam Contreras is collecting workers comp from Reeves County. Can't be that hurt cause he was coaching pee wee football and was bending over and everything with no problem. How can he run for treasurers office then? If he wins then he can't collect workers comp anymore right? What's the deal?
rudy r

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2011
Free Ride wrote:
I heard the same thing that Sam Contreras is collecting workers comp from Reeves County. Can't be that hurt cause he was coaching pee wee football and was bending over and everything with no problem. How can he run for treasurers office then? If he wins then he can't collect workers comp anymore right? What's the deal?
I agree.you should give me your name and number so we can complain come next town hall meeting.
rudy r

United States

#10 Dec 28, 2011
Coward
Chona

Hobbs, NM

#11 Dec 29, 2011
If Sam had any shame he would not run for treasurer. No wonder why he did not get the job for city manager, pecos economic developer or hospital board cause he has no shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ufos in sky southeast of pecos Sun elite88 6
Idiot on Pecos Topix Sun elite88 12
I need a chick for nsa Sun elite88 4
The Balmorhea Bears Sat psychosis 3
Find a fold and f*** IT Sat psychosis 4
Susi Sandoval Dec 2 psychosis 2
Clear Choice Dec 2 elite88 23

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance