First Prev
of 2
Next Last
12 gauge

Loris, SC

#21 Mar 9, 2012
Former pecos student wrote:
You teacher teach these kids to not judge a book by its cover but yet you are judging them by there appearance. Alot those worry about appearance instead of caring to teach this students and you say it's not true cause I'm a former student and in my years there there where only a small few of teachers who actually care about the students
so it seems to me you are saying you disagree with the dress code also. As a former student who apparently managed to leave Pecos with barely a 2nd grade writing level, I can understand WHY you have this opinion.
Parents

Littlefield, TX

#22 Mar 9, 2012
If my childs jacket has a hoodie on it will he still need to leave it in his locker? What about on cold day like today where he has to walk from ome building to another? I understand why this change is taking place just need some more clarification.
Mysterious

Killeen, TX

#23 Mar 9, 2012
12 gauge wrote:
<quoted text>
so it seems to me you are saying you disagree with the dress code also. As a former student who apparently managed to leave Pecos with barely a 2nd grade writing level, I can understand WHY you have this opinion.
Yea thanks to the wonderful teachers there. Last time I checked everyone was entitled to their opinion.
Tron

Tucson, AZ

#24 Mar 9, 2012
Whether they banned hooodies to me is not the issue. I am also a former PHS student. It just amazes me and makes me laugh at how paranoid the school management has become there. One time I went into the office to drop off some money to my brother. They told me where his classroom was and gave me permission to go there. One the way I was stopped and surrounded by then principle Mr. Workman and the school officer, then questioned as if I was Osama Bin Laden. But the way they did it was hilarious LOL. Guess that's the direction that place is going.
person

Pecos, TX

#25 Mar 9, 2012
12 gauge wrote:
<quoted text>
hate to tell ya this, "Student", but as a MINOR, you do NOT have the right to say what you will or will not wear to school. If our school district decides on uniforms, then you WILL wear a uniform, or you'll spend your life in ISS for not wearing it, or wind your parents up being fined because they didn't have you wear it. from what I can see (and yes, I do have "inside" info), so far PBTISD is not considering uniforms. They simply want a few changes to the dress code made now to avoid more hassles later. Make concessions now and all will be ok. Refuse to comply with the minor changes, and you will be encouraging the administration to go the uniform route.
B*tc* you were once in school why didnt they make you wear a fu**ing uniform so you wouldn't be complaining you don't know the school rules so why dont you just shut up!!
now

United States

#26 Mar 9, 2012
Tron, sadly all schools now have to be paranoid...small town, big city...it doesn't matter.
Wheres ur mother

Whitney, TX

#27 Mar 9, 2012
student wrote:
For all of yall how think we should wear uniforms yall are stupid were not gunna wear that ghetto clothing if we had to chose between uniforms and hoddies we prefer hoodies!!
Uniforms are not "ghetto" they would actually make y'all retarded lil kids look good...some of yall can't dress for crap.. If u know how to dress u would make a uniform look good.. that's what they need in this town.. Put some class in this mutha make these young-n-s have some kind of fashion!
F tha school board

Whitney, TX

#28 Mar 9, 2012
this damn school board needs to quit worrying about hoodies and worry about all these lil kids running around wit bugs in there hair ...lice!!!! Ewww!! Now someone go and try and take care of that shit.. I'm to worried about buying lice treatment for my kids hair.. as a mother Aren't you embarrassed..
stop mooching

United States

#29 Mar 10, 2012
Why would you be embarassed to purchase lice treatment? Any child that plays with another child can get lice. Why don't you say you're embarassed to pay with your LONESTAR or MEDICAID card? Chances are, you're one of those people who doesn't work and the rest of us have to pay for your child's free lunch at school, medical visits, and the yummy food on your table.
F tha school board wrote:
this damn school board needs to quit worrying about hoodies and worry about all these lil kids running around wit bugs in there hair ...lice!!!! Ewww!! Now someone go and try and take care of that shit.. I'm to worried about buying lice treatment for my kids hair.. as a mother Aren't you embarrassed..
12 gauge

United States

#30 Mar 10, 2012
what works better than lice treatment is tea tree oil. Went through the lice thing with my kids years ago and tried RID and all that other cr*p and still found lice. Mix about a teaspoon of tea tree oil with about 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil, work thru your kids hair and on their scalp. Wrap the top of their head in saran wrap or a plastic bag and make them keep it on for an hour or two. Shampoo out, no more lice. Anything that you can run through the dryer on high heat, do so. They can't survive more than 24-48 hours without a host, so leaving the house for the weekend isn't a bad idea either :)
Cry me a river

Pecos, TX

#31 Mar 10, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
It is completely stupid. We, as parents, should have been notified in writing. Beside that, we can not run out and buy our children new clothes everytime they decide to change the rules, especially without an explanation. My child is wearing her hoodies because it's all she has, either that or they can buy her new clothes theirselves.
it is your fu**ing job to buy your kids clothes! weapons and drugs are hidden easier in a hoody. the school can change the dress code at any time without warning to the parents. its not that expensive to go to walmart and buy a sweat shirt. but you probably spoil your little brat, and she wont wear walmart clothes. you are such an ignorant idiot!
Cry me a river

Pecos, TX

#32 Mar 10, 2012
Parents wrote:
If my childs jacket has a hoodie on it will he still need to leave it in his locker? What about on cold day like today where he has to walk from ome building to another? I understand why this change is taking place just need some more clarification.
a jacket and a hoody are 2 completely different things. a jacket with a hood on it is ok. a sweatshirt with a hood is a hoody. it is easier to hide a weapon or drugs in a hoody than it is in a jacket.
ghj

Fort Worth, TX

#33 Mar 10, 2012
ANY clothing item with a hood on it is considered a hoodie. That would include jackets.
Annoyed

Pecos, TX

#34 Mar 11, 2012
Cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>it is your fu**ing job to buy your kids clothes! weapons and drugs are hidden easier in a hoody. the school can change the dress code at any time without warning to the parents. its not that expensive to go to walmart and buy a sweat shirt. but you probably spoil your little brat, and she wont wear walmart clothes. you are such an ignorant idiot!
I'm ignorant? Take a look at your post, it looks as though you didn't even complete the 3rd grade. My child does get just about everything she want but because I can easily afford it. That doesn't mean she doesn't have a couple of Wal-Mart shirts in her closet. Maybe they can hide a gun in a hoodie but it is much easier to hide one in a backpack; which they are allowed to carry from class to class. Doesn't that seem more of a problem than a stupid hoodie which is made to keep a person warm? Thank God! I will be taking my daughter out of this small, close minded hellhole of a town infested with drugs, alcohol and inbreeding before it self destructs.
Annoyed

Pecos, TX

#35 Mar 11, 2012
Ayyayayay wrote:
Hey annoyed what if an unidentified person walked in the school got a hold of your precious little one and did something to her. This person couldnt be identified because he had covered up with his hood. You would be here mad because the school hadn't done anything to keep such a thing from happening. This is how my sixth grader explained it to me. I'm glad she has more common sense than you!
A hoodie could cover up the identity, the lack of a hoodie will show who the culprit it. Either way, you better believe I will be enraged because hoodie or not, those things should never happen. That's a security issue, not a cold weather clothing issue.
Recluse

Crane, TX

#36 Apr 2, 2012
i think this issue is being over analyzed, let them wear hoodies on their own time, when they are of adult age they will have to abide by some sort of appearance code and or uniform depending on what employment field they enter unless they insist on lifelong rebellion of authority thus resulting in unproductive members of society, dont get me wrong i do support self expression but there is a time and place for it, we as adults need to teach responsibility to our kids of all ages, teach them to be modest and disciplined but also support their talent and or interests on their time away from school so they will grow to be positive influences for generations to come. this is just my opinion of course so i hope you all find resoloution within. with the utmost respect for you all......"Recluse"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pecos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jasso found dead and burnt (Sep '11) 4 hr Hmm 9
bi curious 7 hr hey 3
Kimberly Urias Feb 16 La Tencha 1
Enter the chevy fox Feb 8 chevy levy 5
Old mill waitress (Jul '17) Feb 7 looking 11
sara Villarreal (Jun '15) Feb 7 bi curious 9
Coach Feb 7 eagle claw 15

Pecos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance